Shazam movie+Hopeful Family Blockbuster=Disaster

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 86

Edited By RavenVice01

As we all know "The Rock" has been casted as Black Adam and many fans are favorable with this decision. The only thing that has me worried and a lot of of fans should be concerned about is the WB's hope to make SHAZAM a family blockbuster. Its been made aware that the writer for "Jack the Giant Slayer and Shrek Forever" has been hired to write the script. Back in the fifties, I will admit Captain Marvel was campy and family oriented but today's society want comic book movies to have a serious tone. They don't want another Batman and Robin flop. We may need to start an uproar just like what we did for the Dredd sequel and tell the WB to take this movie seriously.

We can only hope that the writer will take this movie seriously and brush up on some the latest issues of Shazam. People are also asking who can play Shazam. My guess is Edward's bulked up brother from the Twilight movies or that kid from Beautiful Creatures. You need someone with boyish charms and can bulk up in order to go toe to toe with the Rock. I sure hope thing bring Dr. Sivana, Sabbac and Mr. Mind into the mix. Karel Roden who played Rasputin in Hellboy would be great for Dr. Sivana.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By EyeDCyou

today's society want comic book movies to have a serious tone.

Have you seen any Marvel Movies?

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Why would a Shazam movie not be a hopeful family blockbuster? Have you read the most recent issues of Shazam? It has a lot of fun and focuses on family in it.

Also where are you getting this information?

We may need to start an uproar just like what we did for the Dredd sequel and tell the WB to take this movie seriously.

You will likely be very alone in that "uproar."

With this news of the Shazam movie I doubt the "no jokes" policy for their films is true. I don't see a Shazam movie going too well if it's really serious.

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By fil123

do you know any movie the rock is in guarantees a huge opening

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Why would a Shazam movie not be a hopeful family blockbuster? Have you read the most recent issues of Shazam? It has a lot of fun and focuses on family in it.

Also where are you getting this information?

@ravenvice01 said:

We may need to start an uproar just like what we did for the Dredd sequel and tell the WB to take this movie seriously.

You will likely be very alone in that "uproar."

With this news of the Shazam movie I doubt the "no jokes" policy for their films is true. I don't see a Shazam movie going too well if it's really serious.

it can be family focused and fun, but it MUST be a billion light years from camp, F__K CAMPYNESS, BURN IT WITH F__KING FIRE!

the most recent issues of shazam, had demonic incarnations of the seven sins, it was not campy or even lighthearted it was exactly perfect.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does that mean no epic fight scenes? That would be lame, I want to see Black Adam kick some major a** in this movie.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shazam and the Marvel fam can fill the "supernatural/magic" film gap left by the Potter series conclusion for WB's, plus it's a superhero story so it kills two birds with one stone in a way. While MARVEL studios shyed away from magic with Thor (which was LAME imo), WB/DC can fully embrace it with a Shazam feature film.

As far as it being a "family" oriented film, in a way it has to because the source material is. Doesn't mean they have to kid-it-up or neuter it in a Teen Titans Go kind of way, but at the same time we're talking about a kid that can transform into a superhero with god like powers. Problem will be finding the balance between all out bada$$ry which I'm sure the Rock will deliver, but also keep the charm of Billy Batsons story.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RavenVice01

@eyedcyou: guardians of the galaxy did hav comedy but it wuz geared toward a mature audience and had a bit of a serious tone. Nothing campy

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dreed was a box office failure and it will never get a sequel, besides The Raid came before and it got a sequel.

A lesser budgets movie from Asian kick Dreed ass.

Live with it.

Because lets face it it was a better action movie.

Also yeah, from all the movie Shazam should be like Man of Steel.

That make sense.

Again monochromatic universe dont mean cohesive universe.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Because movies that I can't bring my kids to watch are automatically superior because 3edgy5U.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravenvice01: I don't think you understand what "Camp" means. Cap was Campy back in the day...like the 50's. But everything was back then. Today's Cap is probably the most serious incarnation yet, but there's still plenty of comedy and lightheartedness to go around. Legendary is likely to be the production company behind this picture. They would never release anything like B&R. This film will likely be comedic and serious. Like Guardians.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverpool: a child is orphaned by black Adam and lives his life in Fawcett city like David Copperfield making friends with the homeless and prostitutes. I'd say that's pretty serious. Then he gets a chance to avenge his parents and find his long lost sister

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I like the idea :P

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No offense, but your post is quite asinine.

Beata

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spidey_jackson: ouch...I'm simply expressing a concern that I hav for dc comic book films and their lack of drawing in audiences. Most of them hav been let downs like Jonah hex, green lantern and catwoman and I don't want shazam to be the same. No need to say that I am asinine.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RavenVice Ummm...prostitutes.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By EyeDCyou

@ravenvice01 said:

@spidey_jackson: ouch...I'm simply expressing a concern that I hav for dc comic book films and their lack of drawing in audiences. Most of them hav been let downs like Jonah hex, green lantern and catwoman and I don't want shazam to be the same. No need to say that I am asinine.

Mentioning those DC movies is the same as mentioning Fantastic 4 (1,2), Daredevil, Elektra, Howard the Duck, and Ghost Rider for Marvel. DC's cinematic Universe is controlled by Legendary pictures. That studio has only made the Dark Knight Trilogy, Man of Steel, Watchmen, Superman Returns, and unfortunately, Jonah Hex (when it comes to DC films.) Just like how Marvel Studios has made all the films in their cinematic universe, and all the other films (like the ones I listed earlier) are done by different studios. Legendary is likely running Shazam!, so if you'd like to talk about DC films bringing in audiences, you should only mention the films produced by Legendary. (All were hits except Hex.)

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

@ravenvice01 said:

Mentioning those DC movies is the same as mentioning Fantastic 4 (1,2), Daredevil, Elektra, Howard the Duck, and Ghost Rider for Marvel. DC's cinematic Universe is controlled by Legendary pictures. That studio has only made the Dark Knight Trilogy and Man of Steel (when it comes to DC films.) Just like how Marvel Studios has made all the films in their cinematic universe, and all the other films (like the ones I listed earlier) are done by different studios. Legendary is running Shazam!, so if you'd like to talk about DC films bringing in audiences, you should only mention the films produced by Legendary. (All 4 were smash hits.)

DC's cinematic "universe" currently consists of one film, and while I liked Man of Steel there's no getting around the fact that "dawn of justice" is a hasty attempt to catch up with Marvel when they should be developing their characters more, as for Shazam, I don't know how that'll go, if its successful it'll definitely help things,

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acer51 said:

@eyedcyou said:

@ravenvice01 said:

Mentioning those DC movies is the same as mentioning Fantastic 4 (1,2), Daredevil, Elektra, Howard the Duck, and Ghost Rider for Marvel. DC's cinematic Universe is controlled by Legendary pictures. That studio has only made the Dark Knight Trilogy and Man of Steel (when it comes to DC films.) Just like how Marvel Studios has made all the films in their cinematic universe, and all the other films (like the ones I listed earlier) are done by different studios. Legendary is running Shazam!, so if you'd like to talk about DC films bringing in audiences, you should only mention the films produced by Legendary. (All 4 were smash hits.)

DC's cinematic "universe" currently consists of one film, and while I liked Man of Steel there's no getting around the fact that "dawn of justice" is a hasty attempt to catch up with Marvel when they should be developing their characters more, as for Shazam, I don't know how that'll go, if its successful it'll definitely help things,

I know it only holds 1 film, but the studio yielded all 4 of those DC films. That's why I grouped them together. It's your opinion that BvS is a hasty attempt to catch up. I know I for one (along with many others) don't believe that to be true. I like the way their universe is being set up because of how the League is usually established in comics.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#19 JediXMan  Moderator

@eyedcyou: guardians of the galaxy did hav comedy but it wuz geared toward a mature audience and had a bit of a serious tone. Nothing campy

... you mean like Starlord dancing to distract Ronan?

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:
@ravenvice01 said:

I think I love you. Talk about a real 'serious tone'

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravenvice01: I use to think like this, but movies could go either or. I mean I recall a lot of people not caring about G.O.T.G. and it would flop, several other movies h ad the same prediction that over all made money and had great reviews. I hope it turns out very well

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@jedixman said:
@ravenvice01 said:

Not to mention the Drax literacy jokes...

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

A Shazam movie should be fun and family orientated. It wouldn't work if it's trying to mimic the tone of Man of Steel.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#24 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:
@ravenvice01 said:

Not to mention the Drax literacy jokes...

Or the fact that its cast includes a talking raccoon and a talking tree.

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fil123 said:

you mean like hercules

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benk111 said:
@fil123 said:

you mean like hercules

still made over 30 million opening week, already is about to double its budget. and thats his worst film since the tooth fairy. and thats with getting horrible reviews

if you have a decent movie with the rock it will be successful

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acer51: u hav a point I would go about it the same way they did with the avengers. Introduce every league member in a single movie then the justice League movie. I can only hope the justice League movie doesn't have darkseid