shazam a celebration of 75 years review

canuckdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

My favorite DC hero is Shazam. I picked up Shazam a celebration of 75 years in April.

I loved this book. its a big thick book and you get Shazam/Capt Marvel comics from his first issue all the way to Shazam new 52 vol 1.

This book is perfect for true fans and would be even better for someone that just discovered Big Red. This book would basically walk a new fan through Shazams history. It really outlined some of Shazams most important moments. I loved every second of it. I felt like a kid reading those old golden age comics. I felt like I was in a time machine zipping through the life of my favorite DC hero.

I gave this book a 4 out of 5. The only reason I did not give it a 5 is that they left out Cap sacrificing himself at the end of Kingdom Come. To me that sacrifice is what puts Cap way ahead of others. He has both the wisdom of Solomon and the innocence of Billy. He was wise enough to know this was the only way to end this bad situation , and was innocent enough to just do what had to be done. Many adults would have been thinking of ways they can survive rather then sacrificing themselves .

In the end I this is now one of my favorite all time graphic novels. If you love Shazam this is a must have.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Might just have to give it a look.