Share your pull list woes...

TheDarkSalmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TheDarkSalmon

i just had a hell of a time cutting Fantastic Four, FF, and Manhattan Projects because i think they'll read better in trade. i do really hate when you cut a book then next month has a big WTF moment .

skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By skooks

I always have such trouble dropping books from my pulls, if I don't like the book I tell myself I'll drop it but then I get this nagging feeling it'll get better and I should stick with it.

Avatar image for manbehindthewires
Manbehindthewires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Manbehindthewires

@skooks: I did this and ended up sticking with the book almost every time...until I realised how expensive my pull-list was getting haha now dropping titles for the sake of my wallet and it's MUCH harder...should have just ripped the band-aid off when I had the chance!

Drummer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By Drummer007

I hate that feeling of dropping a book you've enjoyed for awhile, expectantly if it's a book that is not as popular because you know it needs all the support it can get.

TheDarkSalmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheDarkSalmon

Same here buddy. I always feel like the next ish will be the tipping point or something. Its hurting my brain and wallet. im trying to condense my must haves into floppys and trade wait the others but i feel like ill forget what i started.

skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By skooks

@Manbehindthewires said:

@skooks: I did this and ended up sticking with the book almost every time...until I realised how expensive my pull-list was getting haha now dropping titles for the sake of my wallet and it's MUCH harder...should have just ripped the band-aid off when I had the chance!

Oh god I know, I definitely need to start being a bit more brutal. I know I'll save a ton of money. I just need to ignore that little voice in my brain that I swear my comic book store has implanted in my brain. It's like I've been incepted.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

First woe: Deathstroke, Team 7, I Vampire and Ravagers are all on my pull list...see my problem?

Second Woe: I'm going to drop Batwoman, which saddens me, cause I like her character, but haven't been impressed with her current series.

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Catsnlynne

My woes are Savage Hawkman and Deathstroke being canceled and for the longest time when I would go into my comic book store I would hear Demon Knights telling me to pick up their book but I would ignore it because I thought I had enough other titles on my list. Well I finally did pick up Demon Knights and loved it. I wish I had read it from the beginning. Also I wish I had read Deathstroke, Stormwatch, Captain Atom, and Grifter from the beginning. (then I wouldn't have to be trying to buy all those back issues)

TheDarkSalmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheDarkSalmon

im also dropping swamp thing after snyder, justice league dark is on bubble and i wanna add hypernaturals. crap

Sharkbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sharkbite

I preorder everything through the Diamond catalog, so my orders are going in several months in advance. If the comic starts to stink, it's a little rough, because by the time I realize it's bad, I'm already committed for the next 3-4 issues.

What I've started doing is approaching it per story arc. For example, I have pulled every issue of Teen Titans (or Young Justice) since back in the 90s. This most recent run of Titans has been terrible. I made the decision I would drop it. I then ordered up through the end of the current arc, stopped ordering following that, and it'll allow me to wrap up the current (awful) plot just in case the writing does improve. If it doesn't, no big deal, because I was at a good stopping point.

I pull about 40 titles per month, so there's always something perpetually on the chopping block for underperforming. The worst problem isn't so much with me pulling my support, but rather with the comic companies cancelling my books. New52 for example cancelled Red Robin, Secret Six, Doom Patrol, Titans, and Booster Gold without giving me a good replacement for any of them in the reboot. I tried doing JLI for Booster, Suicide Squad for Secret Six, Deathstroke for Titans and Batwing for Red Robin, but none of them proved even half as enjoyable. When the company cancels a ton of your titles without replacement, that pull list starts getting pretty bare.

TheDarkSalmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheDarkSalmon

i like what i like and while Saga is good im just not in love with it like most. i was all onboard with most of marvel now but i realized i was buying what was reviewed well instead of what i liked. my main problem atm is trying to pick titles that are worth getting on release and whats worth waiting a month for my dcbs order to come in

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@Catsnlynne: I am still upset by the end of DeathStroke. Why is it so hard to get a real badass like Deathstroke to sell ?

Avatar image for the_jackolantern
The_jackolantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_jackolantern

I went in today to cancel detective comics then I added constaine,jla and chew. I hate that I found a local comic book store

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By spinningbirdcake

The biggest problem I've had is with my wallet. Fortunately I haven't been reading any monthlies that are in danger of being canceled, though I've had trouble trying to fit newly launched titles in my list. It's easy to say "Well $40 bucks more isn't too much. It's just two twenties."

TheDarkSalmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheDarkSalmon

i added uber and......all new xmen! its good tho