Severely Overestimated Characters

• 56 results
generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok, who here has seen someone overestimate a character other than Batman? MEE!

I've been using Animevice lately, and people severely overestimate characters. I've come across a long list of characters who are either severely overestimated or underestimated:

Thanos

Hulk

Batman

Goku

Superman

ETC....

These guys are some of the main culprits. They are always in the center of an overestimation thread.

One Example, I read a thread on Animevice where someone asked who would win between Thanos, Darkseid vs. Goku, Vegeta, Gohan and Superman. Someone said that Thanos would solo. We all know that Thanos and Darkseid would have fight and would likely lose because they would be overwhelmed. Some people might want to debate this, so I'll give you a more extreme example...

Asura the Destructor, Majin Dark Schneider and Broly vs Thanos and Darkseid.

For anyone who doesn't know about the first team, Schneider is a galaxy buster. Asura is arguably is around the same level. Broly is just a star buster. Thanos and Darkseid aren't around that level. You'd need Pre Crisis Darkseid in order for this to be an actual fight. Odin beat Thanos with ease. Asura is arguably around Odin's ( or maybe a bit below) level. Schneider arguably has similar power too. Overestimation for Thanos and Darkseid, much?

The Hulk is overestimated simply because people think that World Breaker Hulk can beat anyone, even if they can fly super fast and can shoot planet destroying projectiles. The battle I got this from is Hulk and Mantra Reactor Asura ( the one who killed Chakravartin) vs Goku and Beerus. We all know that team 1 wins, mainly because of Asura's overwhelming power. People weren't really eager to accept the fact that Hulk would probably be no help and or lose to either Beerus or Goku. The reason Hulk would lose had more to with the situation than anything, because the battleground was the whole universe and both teams were blood lusted. If the Hulk hit Beerus or Goku too many times, it could easily kill either of them. The problem is hitting them. Since Beerus and Goku are super fast and bloodlusted, what would stop them from dodging every attack the Hulk uses and flying into space and blowing the planet up? The explosion wouldn't kill the Hulk, but if the Hulk, who can't fly, is in space, what would stop Beerus or Goku from blasting the Hulk multiple times with multiple planet buster level blasts? Asura could easily withstand all of the attacks and he flies in Space and could potentially kill either Beerus or Goku with a punch. I admit, if the Hulk got his hands on either, it's game over, but the problem is the Hulk getting his hands on them.

The Hulk is also overestimate by writers... He has beaten guys like Gladiator and Sentry, when he shouldn't be able to touch either of them.

Batman is overestimated, because he "is the GODDAMN BATMAN!" - All Star Batman

Look up Goku vs Galactus.

Anyone who says that Post Crisis Superman would easily solo Thor, Thanos and even Goku is obviously overestimating someone.

Name examples of overestimation. These are just popular examples.

That is the goal of this board.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DBVSE7

Goku being overestimated on CV.

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

no..

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbvse7: Not just talking about this website. Goku gets over/ under estimated on nearly every site and in nearly every discussion including him. That is why he gets banned often. People do these two things.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar characters. I see people acting like characters from this series are top tier element manipulators when in reality they aren't even all that impressive considering that they have human level stats.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Pokemon characters.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Underestimated: characters I like

Overestimated: characters I don't

Every time a thread like this gets made it basically boils down to those two statements. Not trying to be a d**k, but it's true.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isnt going to end well.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash. I love flash, but when someone says he beats galactus you know he's overestimated.

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black adam, thor, darkseid, hulk, etc

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By generator2000

Cassandra Cain.

DeAnnunaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DeAnnunaki
DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: Thank you.. especially the claims that Aang level characters can be the Mid tiers of the HST.. Juvia is Fairy Tail is a better water user them most of the water benders in Avatar.. OP characters use elements better..

rd1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By rd1027

Batman with prep

Goku

Hulk

Flash

Thor

Wolverine

Please dont hurt me

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every time a thread like this gets made it basically boils down to those two statements. Not trying to be a d**k, but it's true.

Too true.

Jmarshmallow

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rd1027 said:

Batman with prep

Goku

Hulk

Flash

Thor

Wolverine

Please dont hurt me

I agree with all but the bolded.

How is James Howlett overrated? I see more people making fun of him instead.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By Jphu8414

Yep

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

As usual GS nailed it in one.

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Some characters are under rated here, on this site.

For example, here, Batman is so often seen as doing insane feats and whatnot that through several corrections of him being OVER-rated, he has started to be UNDER-rated.

Not publicly. In the general population he can beat Galactus like he was wiping his tush in the bathroom.

But on here... it's vica versa.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman is overrated!

lurchadamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lurchadamo

Flash is not omnipotent, will not beat galactus, superman, thanos, silver surfer etc...sorry, not happening.

Batman is not omniscient with prep lol, seriously probably the worst overestimated character on site.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#21  Edited By Fallschirmjager

I don't really see why people bitch about Flash so much. Dude is faster than any character you can name and has the ability to bypass physical durability with intangibility.

Is that somehow, unimpressive to you? The amount of characters who can defeat that is very small. Most of his rogues have to be specifically designed to counter his powers and their powers are not often seen elsewhere. How many characters like Mirror Masters do you know? Even Captain Cold's absolute zero, which is probably one of the most common - is an ability that what - maybe 5 characters (off the top of my head) can use?

Can he beat Odin? No, but that has less to do with raw power and more to do with Odin's flexibility.

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman, I'm sick of seeing ridiculous threads like "Supes vs Thor, Sentry & Hulk" like come on, Thor or Sentry alone could arguably solo...

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Mirror Master and Captain Cold... they should be Batman villains honestly.

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

@rd1027 said:

Batman with prep

Goku

Hulk

Flash

Thor

Wolverine

Please dont hurt me

I agree with all but the bolded.

How is James Howlett overrated? I see more people making fun of him instead.

He was in that battle of the week match with the top tier best street level characters a few weeks back. Some people joke about him but most people I've seen respect his power.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@generator2000: They would both absolutely destroy Batman, though. Mirror Master is extremely OP.

purplevortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk is extremely overrated. I just saw a post saying he's omnipotent...

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragonborn / Dovahkiin. I'm a long-time lover of Skyrim, heck I still play it now. Done it all kinds of ways, assassin type, thief, mage, warrior, even spellsword type. He is grossly overestimated here, especially when it comes to the slowing of time shout.

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By generator2000

@beaconofstrength: I don't know. They seem like they'd be more interesting Bat Villains to me. They SHOULD be no match for Flash though.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@generator2000: They're way too powerful for Batman. Mirror Master is an absolute monster.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Probably Deadpool or Wolverine.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@generator2000: Yeah or Kenshiro from FoTns. I am a huge fan and this is a good character, i've read the mangas when they first were edited in France but here people totally say random things about his capabilities...

http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Kenshiro

Look at this : Some things are totally wrong about him.......

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

Flash

Darkseid

Thanos

Batman

Deathstroke

Dr. Doom

Thor

Sentry

devinwifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MrValance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

a complicated topic indeed, as anyone can claim a character is over estimated and vice versa. anyone can argue that any character can beat any other character for whatever reason they want, its called debating. in a way this is redundant.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BlackWind

@beaconofstrength: I think there is just more confusion when it comes to pokemon. No two pokemon have the same level of strength. And because I think people forget that, they try to combine feats from the manga and games and anime all together when it doesn't work that way.

Blue's Blastoise is gonna be stronger than some random Blastoise in the anime.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don't really see why people bitch about Flash so much. Dude is faster than any character you can name and has the ability to bypass physical durability with intangibility.

Is that somehow, unimpressive to you? The amount of characters who can defeat that is very small. Most of his rogues have to be specifically designed to counter his powers and their powers are not often seen elsewhere. How many characters like Mirror Masters do you know? Even Captain Cold's absolute zero, which is probably one of the most common - is an ability that what - maybe 5 characters (off the top of my head) can use?

Can he beat Odin? No, but that has less to do with raw power and more to do with Odin's flexibility.

QFT

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength: If you say so. I still have a lot of comics to read, but Mirror Master wasn't a match for flash in the books I read.

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper: I don't know too much about Ken, but his vsbattles description SEEMED accurate, but if you say so.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Apparently Azula is

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

loksuks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By loksuks

Batman, Flash.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager said:

QFT

People bitch about him because one day, they're used to knowing Flash is just a man that runs fast, and the next, they log onto comicvine and they see their favorite characters get pwned to the max on the battle forums, when all they know is that he runs really really fast.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength: I don't know. They seem like they'd be more interesting Bat Villains to me. They SHOULD be no match for Flash though.

You've never read about them then. They can't be Batman Villains, and in fact, they absolutely hate Gotham and psycho serial killers. Because they are not of the same cloth.

The only Flash villain that could be possibly Batman's rogue would be Murmur.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Night4345

Wolverine.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fanboys ruin it for me. I'm not usually bias but people seem to be more than anything.

I like to be fair based off others views but I have absolutely the largest Internet balls on earth and will spite overrated characters against characters other people stated that OP Character can beat.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Very true :)

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Sentry.

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil: They honestly didn't seem very powerful. Maybe it's just me.