Settle this! How in the heck did Cthulhu get beat by a boat?

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Also what feats does he even have? Is he really all powerful or is he a chump? I want scans of him at least doing something impressive beyond making regular people go insane from looking at him. I make him in vs threads and everyone says he stomps but I have yet to see him have any feats besides getting punked out by a boat. His wiki page is full of random powers he is suppose to have but has never shown.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is one of those guys who have implied power n all that noise, but never has shown it really.

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What did the boat do to defeat him? I find it hard to believe a normal boat could harm someone that size..

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thitiki: Was a steamboat and I think the boat just kinda rammed into him. Though he was waking up or some such noise.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you were just waking up, and it was a good sleep too, you felt rested, you were in that happy state of mind where no matter what position you moved into, you just got more comfy, you didn't really WANT to wake up... Y'know. Five more minutes, that state of mind. And then someone gently nudges you with a big fluffy pillow. Wouldn't you go, "Ah, screw it. I'm sleeping in."?

That's how that boat beat Cthulu.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By MakkyD

Comic book fan reads a classic novel................... looks for feats....

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

......So!

No Caption Provided
MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nowhere does it say C'Thulhu has superhuman durability. He's a big, squishy cephalopod, and he got rammed in the head by a steamboat.

What you have here is a glass cannon, basically.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

His wound healed immediately after getting rammed by the steamboat, actually.

I don't get why people keep talking about Cthulhu like he's some superpowerfulomnipotentSkyfather god entity when in truth all we have are vague hints to 'Ooooh incomprehensible da horror' in the original Lovecraft novella, and nothing beyond that. Certainly not enough to have an actual Battles discussion thread with.

This is the thing about Lovecraftian entities, they're more storytelling mechanisms and features than actual formed characters.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@veshark said:

I don't get why people keep talking about Cthulhu like he's some superpowerfulomnipotentSkyfather god entity when in truth all we have are vague hints to 'Ooooh incomprehensible da horror' in the original Lovecraft novella, and nothing beyond that. Certainly not enough to have an actual Battles discussion thread with.

This is the thing about Lovecraftian entities, they're more storytelling mechanisms and features than actual formed characters.

Fan-fiction. That's why.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All you Cthulhu cultists need to stop giving high praise to overrated Cthulhu

Perfect Cell, Wolverine and Hulk have better regeneration than Lovecraft's Cthulhu

Imagine a much larger and much more powerful boat ramming into Lovecraft Cthulhu, time for kalamari folks. Lcraft's Cthulhu was temporarily beaten by that weak boat

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nowhere does it say C'Thulhu has superhuman durability. He's a big, squishy cephalopod, and he got rammed in the head by a steamboat.

What you have here is a glass cannon, basically.

@veshark said:

@veshark said:

Fan-fiction. That's why.

These comments hit the nail on the head

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee0713dd622
deactivated-60ee0713dd622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@makkyd said:

This. Characters not determined by feats or power level. They are determined by their development, arcs, and personality.