seriously why dont heroes kill when necessary?

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By justice teen

So many people would be alive if heroes kill villains who keep committing crimes. for example Jason Todd would have never died if batman would have kill the joker. Heroes like the punisher, wolverine,and wonder woman( at times) have the right idea if their a treat now and don't try to change why not put an end to them one and for all. so why heroes kill is it because they like the challenge the villains bring despite the many deaths( not very heroic), or is it the fame that comes with people seeing you save the day( hope not sense they always go trough them sad moments and almost quit being heroes), or maybe their afraid to kill( if so their not hero material, a hero should be willing to do whatever it takes). Now some villains like lex have help save the world on several occasions, but the threat would have never happen had that threat ended a long time ago. Now i do agree with arresting villains and offer them a chance to reform, but if they don't take it, kill them.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By FourthDeity

Morals.

Batman refused to kill because of what he experienced as a child.

And that makes a boring story. Doom has two infinity gauntlets right now he could sweep the entire fantastic 4 for the lulz if he felt like it.

Batman could beat joker to death but what next? You can't kill off iconic villains just like that.

But some heroes do do this ( Daredevil bashed bullseyes brains in )

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By rav4

Because I guess they just believe in, you know, the law and due process. It's the court's job to put away the villains for good (and keep them there.. obviously they're not very good at it) and institute a death penalty if necessary. Being a 'hero' doesn't exempt you from the laws you're trying to uphold, and if you go around murdering villains, you will, or at least should, be put up on murder charges yourself, no matter how justified the action.

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

Cuz killin' is bad.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Ravager4:  

Because I guess they just believe in, you know, the law and due process. It's the court's job to put away the villains for good (and keep them there.. obviously they're not very good at it) and institute a death penalty if necessary. Just because you're a 'hero' doesn't exempt you from the laws you're trying to uphold, and if you go around murdering villains, you will, or at least should, be put up on murder charges yourself, no matter how justified the action.

I love this answer...and I think I love you now.
rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rav4

@The Stegman: d'awwww, you're gonna make me blush now

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cattlebattle
@Ravager4 said:

Because I guess they just believe in, you know, the law and due process. It's the court's job to put away the villains for good (and keep them there.. obviously they're not very good at it) and institute a death penalty if necessary. Just because you're a 'hero' doesn't exempt you from the laws you're trying to uphold, and if you go around murdering villains, you will, or at least should, be put up on murder charges yourself, no matter how justified the action.

Its a flawed logic though, Batman doesn't show up for the criminals that he busts trials anyways....he is basically just letting them walk himself
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Primmaster64

Because...Writers can't create new villains every issue.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Ravager4: Heh, heh, yo answer wuz real purdy *kicks dirt shyly*
Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mega_spidey01

@Ravager4 said:

Because I guess they just believe in, you know, the law and due process. It's the court's job to put away the villains for good (and keep them there.. obviously they're not very good at it) and institute a death penalty if necessary. Being a 'hero' doesn't exempt you from the laws you're trying to uphold, and if you go around murdering villains, you will, or at least should, be put up on murder charges yourself, no matter how justified the action.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rav4

@cattlebattle: I don't the reasoning behind saying that not showing up at the person's trial means that he's letting them walk himself... he isn't involved in anyway in the court process, or the sentencing that a judge gives a villain for the crimes they commit. He just catches them and hands them over to the police, that's where his job ends. Then it goes into the hands of the actual criminal justice system. Unless something's changed.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#12  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Why don't mods kill Viners who make dupe threads and do nothing but complain? The world is full of mysteries.

tim2081

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tim2081

@Mega_spidey01 said:

@Ravager4 said:

Yes, and for all those international villains and aliens, we should bring them to America and put them on trial in front of an American jury. Because you can't conquer the universe without going through America first. A few may end up in Gitmo without a trial, but who cares, the system works.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Ravager4 said:

No Caption Provided
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cattlebattle
@Ravager4 said:

@cattlebattle: I don't the reasoning behind saying that not showing up at the person's trial means that he's letting them walk himself... he isn't involved in anyway in the court process, or the sentencing that a judge gives a villain for the crimes they commit. He just catches them and hands them over to the police, that's where his job ends. Then it goes into the hands of the actual criminal justice system. Unless something's changed.

But....last time I checked....for high profile crimes that most of Gothams criminals commit, there has to be an arresting officer that appears in court..If Batman just beats these guys up and leaves them tied up they really aren't even allowed to arrest them in the first place, little own give them a fair trial, Batman and most super heroes completely ignore the law for the most part.....I agree that killing is breaking the law and heroes shouldn't do it, but if these criminals just break out and kill and harm more people, I don't see the disservice.
BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BatteredArmor

better question, why don't the courts ever use the death penalty?

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Rumble Man

@justice teen: Uhh dude, what have you been reading?

Wolverine kills people

Punisher kills people

The Authority kills people

@BlackArmor said:

Sissies, in some countries they do but with the resurgence of human rights movements and international pressure some countries backed down, but places like china and the middle east still do. Some states in America are divided on its usage but I hope good ol' red white and blue continues its executions. Because prisons waste tax money and all they do is butthump (this they can do outside of jail anyways).

chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By chalkshark

The general conceit is that while the heroes are operating outside of the law, as vigilantes, they still try to conduct themselves as officers of the law. In this way, they are, at the very least, tolerated by duly authorized representatives of law enforcement. To conduct themselves as judge, jury and executioner would very quickly get them labeled as villains. They would cease to engender the public's trust and would find themselves having to fend off and elude the police, all the while that they're trying to fight crime themselves. Why make your self-imposed mission to combat evil so much more difficult, when by simply following the rule of law, you can, largely, focus on just doing what you set out to do... fight criminals... as opposed to being in conflict with law enforcement agencies, and becoming a figure of terror for the very public you're supposedly protecting. At the end of the day, the Joker's victims are not the Batman's fault. That fault lies with the Joker. You cannot be held responsible for the actions of another.

It also wouldn't really resolve anything. The Punisher kills all of his adversaries, and gains nothing. Innocent people still end up murdered, For every criminal that the Punisher puts down, a hundred more are waiting in the wings to pick up the slack. He isn't changing anything by his actions. Yes, the people he kills can never kill again, but their deaths don't necessarily make people safer. You can make an argument stating that putting the Joker away also doesn't necessarily make people any safer, and that would be a fair point. So, it comes down to this. Are you a good man who wants to do good in the world, and through your, quite frankly, illegal actions help to shore up a damaged justice system, so, that, it works a little more often than not? Or are you a nihilist with no faith in the justice system who has absolutely no issue with being exactly the same as the men you are killing?

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By Superguy0009e

@BlackArmor said:

This

and there are heroes that kill every so often, the one I know most about is Green Arrow.

also, i think Captain America or Iron Man have sneaked in some kills every so often

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By justice teen

@Ravager4: I love your response it was so intelligent and well thought, i would love to have a conversation with you some time. the law is man made and imperfect( since villains still get free) heroes arent really apart of the law and i guess they could have immunity since their actions are meant to protect innocent lives, a killing in defense(justified) @BlackArmor: IKR.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Rumble Man said:

@BlackArmor said:

Sissies, in some countries they do but with the resurgence of human rights movements and international pressure some countries backed down, but places like china and the middle east still do. Some states in America are divided on its usage but I hope good ol' red white and blue continues its executions. Because prisons waste tax money and all they do is butthump (this they can do outside of jail anyways).

No I meant why don't they use it in comics, I live in Texas so I've seen it used more than enough in real life

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Rumble Man

@BlackArmor: Maybe the writers don't like it or that they have a no death penalty system in comics (Gotham I am looking at you and your flimsy Arkham Asylum curse excuse when they have soo many magicians in DCU)

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By justice teen

@chalkshark: well spoken, but there where faults. people would be safer just not 100% safer. also the more threats just waiting to come out just show that things will never end or get boring( not refering to you )

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By FourthDeity

@justice teen: :) Thank you you seem like a fine person yourself.A whole bunch of heroes would have been in jail if it weren't for diplomatic immunity. Villains get free because the government knows better than to go after them.I mean if I was a cop I wouldn't dare oppose joker LOL.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@BlackArmor: well in Gotham a majority of the villains are in asylums and asylums don't do the death penalty

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By justice teen

@FourthDeity: i agree hence killing him to settle the problem

AngelicPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AngelicPhoenix

light needs dark to balance everything. plus if ya kill the cool baddies who takes their place?

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DocFatalis

Define necessary.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Twentyfive

If Batman killed the Joker, he'd have nothing to do on Tuesdays. That's why.

addikhabbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soldiers and Cops kill and we consider them heroes. But it's a paradox! Once you kill, you're just like them! How can these two facts co-exist? A hero killing? Simple. I just blew your mind.

Avatar image for negativecreep94
Negativecreep94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They have high morals and are above killing. Also Batman wouldn't kill because that's the reason he became Batman. To stop killings and crime because his parents got killed. This also works for the plot cause memorable villains simply can't be killed off, and never return again.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Havenless
No Caption Provided

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By tigerkaya

Because heroes are seperated in two categories the tradional law abiding heroes and the anti heroes that beleive the end justifie the means. Me I never cared for anti heroes but they serve a purpose, so to all those wanteing the tradionalist to kill I say this stop enforcing demanding they should kill. If you want heroes to kill go read Punisher, Wolverine, Authority, Deadpool and a bunch of Black Ops team books thats were you should be reading Anti Heroes if you hate tradional super heroes.

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

because if characters like batman, superman etc killed there would be no more villains left

Web_Flotsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IRL, because it's actually more expensive to keep a criminal on death row than anywhere else and they tend to stay for years because it takes awhile to get all of it through and there are a lot of appeals and stuff. Killing people is hard.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As others have said, I think most practically because they'd run out of badguys. Even the ones that kill like wolverine still dance the same dance with the same badguys over and over. When they create a villain that sells, they aren't going to kill them, not permanently.

Now generic no-name villains could be roadkill, that's another debate point.