#1 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1271 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright if you had to pick a super hero. Wich one will you chose Sentryor Wonder Man? and why?
#2 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonderman b/c he isnt insane nor try to kill you during an emo fit

#3 Posted by Ms. Omega (4500 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
Agreed
#4 Posted by SC (13206 posts) - - Show Bio

I suppose it depends on the circumstance, and why I am picking them?  

I find Sentry to be the best deconstruction of Superman in recent years, so you can tell pretty deep, dramatic stories, Wonder Man is on the other hand, rather diverse with his story telling opportunities and his characters has evolved a great deal as well. A lot of facets to the character. Both have large egos, one is fueled by the power of a million fans (balanced out by the hate of a million) and their interpretations the other's up and won, and up, an down, down, down, popularity has cause an inconsistency in power that means some writers specifically say he is as strong as Sentry whilst others let him almost die by pumpkin bombs. Then, Simon is an actor. So perhaps his ego is largest? Both are fairly competent inventors as well. Even those he is half the age, I feel Sentry has as as many quality stories as Simon. Then again, there was writer motivation there and a lot of hype. Something that can be applied to any character. I think I'll generally chose Wonder Man so I could get an autograph. 

#5 Posted by IrishX (2415 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
 I find Sentry to be the best deconstruction of Superman in recent years
Do you know the Plutonian? Just curious.
#6 Posted by SC (13206 posts) - - Show Bio
@IrishX said:
@SC said:
 I find Sentry to be the best deconstruction of Superman in recent years
Do you know the Plutonian? Just curious.

*nods* I find him to be a really good example as well, personally, possibly as good as, possibly better than Sentry of I thought about it more considerably. An aspect about both characters I think aids both their stories, but at the same time is different is that one is being used in an established Universe which adds a distinct meta layer and the other has a Universe somewhat built around him. 
#7 Posted by IrishX (2415 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC: True.  

BTW, I go with Wonder Man. 

#8 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ms. Omega said:
@castleking said:
Agreed
that alone should be all the reason you need.

#9 Posted by Tuvokx (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Man. He deserves more credit

#10 Posted by OmegaTheDestroyer (1009 posts) - - Show Bio
Wonder Man
#11 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@OmegaTheDestroyer

that is awesome.

@Tuvokx said:
Wonder Man. He deserves more credit

i so agree with  you. he hasnt been getting it for a long while
#12 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
I suppose it depends on the circumstance, and why I am picking them?   I find Sentry to be the best deconstruction of Superman in recent years, so you can tell pretty deep, dramatic stories, Wonder Man is on the other hand, rather diverse with his story telling opportunities and his characters has evolved a great deal as well. A lot of facets to the character. Both have large egos, one is fueled by the power of a million fans (balanced out by the hate of a million) and their interpretations the other's up and won, and up, an down, down, down, popularity has cause an inconsistency in power that means some writers specifically say he is as strong as Sentry whilst others let him almost die by pumpkin bombs. Then, Simon is an actor. So perhaps his ego is largest? Both are fairly competent inventors as well. Even those he is half the age, I feel Sentry has as as many quality stories as Simon. Then again, there was writer motivation there and a lot of hype. Something that can be applied to any character. I think I'll generally chose Wonder Man so I could get an autograph. 
This.  That saved me a lot of typing...
I have to add, though, that they're both insane...  Insane individuals with Super Powers is dangerous...  So, what exactly are we picking one for?
#13 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@Timandm said:
This.  That saved me a lot of typing... I have to add, though, that they're both insane...  Insane individuals with Super Powers is dangerous...  So, what exactly are we picking one for?

One loses complete control the other has a tighter moral compass. >_>
that is like comparing a imprisoned murderer to a guy who has a job and maybe smokes weed at worst while being a mellow respectful person.
#14 Posted by Sobe Cin (599 posts) - - Show Bio

Hands down: Wonder Man. 
#15 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
@Timandm said:
This.  That saved me a lot of typing... I have to add, though, that they're both insane...  Insane individuals with Super Powers is dangerous...  So, what exactly are we picking one for?
 One loses complete control the other has a tighter moral compass. >_> that is like comparing a imprisoned murderer to a guy who has a job and maybe smokes weed at worst while being a mellow respectful person.
Well, I didn't say they were EQUALLY dangerous...
Sentry is insanely powerful... We've seen him bring down Asgard... or rather, Asgard-lite...
Wonder Man is nigh invulnerable and well over class 100 strength... He took on the AVENGERS...

So, which could do more damage to say, me, if I were standing next to  him?  Well, they could both easily rip me in half, or sixteenths, or even smaller pieces...   They could both zap me with energy beams from their eyes...  Squash me flat...etc...

I'm not familiar enough with both of them to determine WHICH is more insane than the other...  I only meant to suggest that they are both mentally unstable...  Both are unsafe...  Of course, Sentry is dead at the moment, so he's probably relatively safe to be around at the moment...  But naturally it's the Marvel Universe, so he WILL be back.

BTW, in your comparison which one is imprisoned and which one is the stoner with a job?
#16 Posted by SC (13206 posts) - - Show Bio
@Timandm said:
BTW, in your comparison which one is imprisoned and which one is the stoner with a job?

Simon Williams is Cheech. Robert Reynolds is Chong. Norrin Radd is Mork. Jennifer Walters is Mindy. Bruce Banner plays himself. 
#17 Posted by desperado_ (314 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder  Man needs to die.... 

He reminds me of Johnny Cage from Mk...  

#18 Posted by #1ElderScrollsFan (1991 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Man is more interesting as a character, in my opinion.

#20 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
@Timandm said:
 Simon Williams is Cheech. Robert Reynolds is Chong. Norrin Radd is Mork. Jennifer Walters is Mindy. Bruce Banner plays himself. 
Rediculous...  Mork flew in an egg or on bacon... DUH... and your Cheech and Chong comparison doesn't work because ethnically, they're not a good match...  Chong was 'Canadian.'  so....  LOL!
#21 Posted by Iamsam3 (102 posts) - - Show Bio
@desperado_ said:

Wonder  Man needs to die....  He reminds me of Johnny Cage from Mk...  

Wonder Man did die once.. But Marvel brought him back. Take that Johnny Cage!
#22 Posted by desperado_ (314 posts) - - Show Bio
@Iamsam3 said:
@desperado_ said:

I know.... But Johnny Cage died 3 times. Take that Wonder Man!
#23 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@Iamsam3 said:
@desperado_ said:

i think he  died more then once. iirc
#24 Posted by _Zombie_ (10454 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Man, despite knowing little about him.  Sentry used to be an attempt to make a Superman for Marvel, and it could of worked.  He used to be one of my favorites.  Now he's just some bats**t insane crybaby who's used as little more then a substitute for a nuke.  Plus, that coupled with his insane power levels makes him just plain uninteresting.

#25 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry, obviously. Well, before Bendick totally destroyed him.

#26 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry.

#27 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
#28 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Sentry.