#1 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Did Sentry really die because he wanted too or is it he just died??

This question has been bugging me.

Please help.

#2 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant:

I'm actually inclined to say the former, that is; Bob, in a last ditch effort, was somehow able to repress the Void, and in turn, give Thor the killing blow. It just does not make sense (well what does with Bendis at the helm?) that a simple lighting strike would effectively end the Sentry/Void, considering how much damage he shrugged off, prior to reverting to Bob Reynolds. Hopefully if the Sentry does come back, he'll get a new costume and more importantly, a new writer.

#3 Posted by Saren (25668 posts) - - Show Bio

It's contradictory. If you ask most people they'll say Sentry died because he wanted to die, but Void told Sentry that they couldn't die no matter how much either one of them wanted.

#4 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

It's contradictory. If you ask most people they'll say Sentry died because he wanted to die, but Void told Sentry that they couldn't die no matter how much either one of them wanted.

Do you think Sentry will be returning?

#5 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@royale_with_cheese said:

@jeanroygrant:

I'm actually inclined to say the former, that is; Bob, in a last ditch effort, was somehow able to repress the Void, and in turn, give Thor the killing blow. It just does not make sense (well what does with Bendis at the helm?) that a simple lighting strike would effectively end the Sentry/Void, considering how much damage he shrugged off, prior to reverting to Bob Reynolds. Hopefully if the Sentry does come back, he'll get a new costume and more importantly, a new writer.

I love Sentry him being my second favourite character, second to Thor.

#6 Posted by Saren (25668 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: It's a comic book, so it's not outside the realm of possibility. I'd rather he didn't though, I wasn't really a fan of the character.

#7 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@jeanroygrant:

I don't hate the Sentry (I hate how he is written), but he is farrrr from being one of my favorite characters. Thor in recent years, on the other hand, is one of my favorite characters (props to Olivier Coipel for the best costume redesign thus far in the history of comics).

#8 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@jeanroygrant: It's a comic book, so it's not outside the realm of possibility. I'd rather he didn't though, I wasn't really a fan of the character.

I see.

#9 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@jeanroygrant:

I don't hate the Sentry (I hate how he is written), but he is farrrr from being one of my favorite characters. Thor in recent years, on the other hand, is one of my favorite characters (props to Olivier Coipel for the best costume redesign thus far in the history of comics).

I know you got to love that Chains Armour

#10 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

He's not even really dead . He said himself many times (most importantly after beating molecule man) that he is immortal . He wanted to 'die' so he let Thor hurt him enough to keep his body in a death like state until ( something about a clock tower i think it was) anyway, whatever the hint was during his funeral. He will be back but it may take a few years. Being that he is so powerful I see them bringing him back during a big event with a villain that 'only he can defeat'. I'm sure Reed Richards is smart enough to bring back the dead anyway 'pis; blah blah snicker'.

#11 Posted by nickthedevil (12400 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't the void still alive in someone?

#12 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil said:

Isn't the void still alive in someone?

Idk about that.

#13 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Idk the Void is probably dead for now. Even if it does come back I think it would be a much much much weaker version. The only thing I didn't like about Sentry was the way they made the Void look like a living ink blot. It just looked weird and didn't match the rest of the art in my eyes. I would like to see the Void take on the Phoenix though ;) Good time to bring back Sentry IMO.

#14 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33336 posts) - - Show Bio
@Enosisik said:
Idk the Void is probably dead for now. Even if it does come back I think it would be a much much much weaker version. The only thing I didn't like about Sentry was the way they made the Void look like a living ink blot. It just looked weird and didn't match the rest of the art in my eyes. I would like to see the Void take on the Phoenix though ;) Good time to bring back Sentry IMO.
Well there bringing back Captain Marvel so I think that's enough super powerful dead hero resurrection 
#15 Posted by mikemaluk (62 posts) - - Show Bio

I don´t think his death made much sense...how could that zepplin bullet from iron man make such damage to sentry...and how could thor finish him even though he just couldn´t do anything to him previously. It wasn´t just very logical to me.

I´m drawing a fanart comic about sentry comeback.I made a forum thread to show the first colored page:http://www.comicvine.com/forums/artist-show-off/4/sentry-returns/656484/

If people could give some feedback, I´d apreciate. :)

#16 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5574 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikemaluk: I love the Sentry!! And you are awesome...If I could make a request..could you have him fight Gladiator or Black Bolt..r just a page..dude I'd pay. lol