Sensation Comics : Revive the title?

• 58 results
CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

Sensation Comics would be great to have back along with a Captain Marvel comic (I know he is called Shazam now, but the CM fan in me refuses to call him Shazam) and a Robin (cancel "Dark Knight" and "Batman &" and give us a book about solo Damian adventures. Lets face he'll comeback and he has a huge fan base. Dick Grayson got to star by himself as a Robin as did Tim Drake. I say give Damian a book). Maybe a Dr. Fate, Martian Manhunter, or Harley Quinn book would also be a great edition for DC.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Could be DC is waiting to see how things go with the predominantly female character titles going on at the moment at Marvel before making a move?

Wonder Woman's sales were swinging between 30 to 40K since January but it does seem to have done much better this past month (April) by hitting the 46 k mark.

I wouldn't mind a book which had her interacting with the DC Universe more.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

no. we need more batman. MORE BATMAN !!! BATMAN!!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#54  Edited By Lvenger

@lykopis said:

Could be DC is waiting to see how things go with the predominantly female character titles going on at the moment at Marvel before making a move?

Wonder Woman's sales were swinging between 30 to 40K since January but it does seem to have done much better this past month (April) by hitting the 46 k mark.

I wouldn't mind a book which had her interacting with the DC Universe more.

That's not good enough for a second solo series. It's above average granted and I'm a big fan of Azzarello's run but it's definitely not enough to hold a second solo series. In fact I don't think Wonder Woman has ever had a second solo series.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

They've taken her in lots of different directions but yeah -- no two books running at the same time that I know of (which isn't much :P).

To be fair -- I don't think the character could carry off another book on her own based on her numbers. I would have thought her being in the Justice League's book should have been enough to satiate fans (plus her brief pop-ups in other books like Aquaman) but considering how she's being portrayed in there compared to her own solo series -- it's too much of a stretch. They are entirely different characters in my mind.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Lvenger

@lykopis said:

@lvenger:

They've taken her in lots of different directions but yeah -- no two books running at the same time that I know of (which isn't much :P).

To be fair -- I don't think the character could carry off another book on her own based on her numbers. I would have thought her being in the Justice League's book should have been enough to satiate fans (plus her brief pop-ups in other books like Aquaman) but considering how she's being portrayed in there compared to her own solo series -- it's too much of a stretch. They are entirely different characters in my mind.

Power Guy told me there have been two instances she's had 2 solo ongoings. Once in the Golden Age and once in the Silver Age.

Agreed. The way she's inconsistently been portrayed so far isn't an advantage for another ongoing. Nice WW AV by the way. Where'd you find it?

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By lykopis

@lvenger:

Oh wow -- good to know about the other times Wonder Woman had two on-goings at the same time. :)

As for my avatar, I found it here by an artist named Lora Zombie. I like the other expressions too:

No Caption Provided

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Lvenger

@lykopis said:

@lvenger:

Oh wow -- good to know about the other times Wonder Woman had two on-goings at the same time. :)

As for my avatar, I found it here by an artist named Lora Zombie. I like the other expressions too:

No Caption Provided

Ha love the third one! Very emotive art style indeed!