Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Press Oblivion
No Caption Provided

I'm a long time Wonder Woman fan and while I'm enjoying the re-imagining of a lot of the DC characters I feel a little more than anxious to get the lost years of Wonder Woman's story, the bridge between Justice League and her solo title, and her relationship to Wonder Girl & Zealot. (I have to admit that I haven't read all of the Teen Titan's stuff so if it was explained there, my apologies for my ignorance.) I'm left wanting more and I think that titles like Action and Detective have given DC avenues to tell the fans more about Superman & the God Damn Batman.

With Wonder Woman's solo title so deeply steeped in the mythological, she seems to be so far removed from the DCU that her characterization in Justice League feels like a different character. Perhaps a second title would help to fill the gap where readers have questions about favorite Villains and lost supporting cast from the post crisis universe. I feel that Wonder Woman needs a foot hold in the cities and environments of the DCU with a medium focus on her Rogues gallery and experiences with saving the day. At the rate we're going this could take years to accomplish waiting for the Wonder Woman title or Justice League to unveil tangible answers. . so I pose to you this . . . Why not bring back Sensation Comics? This title doesn't have to be exclusively about Wonder Woman, every issue, but can be shared by other the Amazons like Artemis and Nubia, feature Wonder Girl in some solo adventures, feature some awesome team-up pairings, or delve into her relationship with Superman in a way that none of the other titles will allow for.

I know that Wonder Woman has been a tough sell for DC in the last couple of decades. Characters like Wonder Woman and Superman don't have the appeal of Batman and that introducing a second title for Diana won't be on DC's priority list but passionate fans of the character know that there is so much more that can be done with her and her impact on the DC universe as a whole can be much greater.

I understand that DC is field testing "New Wave" titles for the chance of new success but why not take some of that chance money and invest in a, proven, pop-culture icon, developing material and canon for the future of not only the character but the billions of dollars in multimedia potential as well.

Anyone else for this?

EDIT:

Azzerello says: Talks of another Wonder Woman Comic!

Wordballoon Podcast features Brian Azzarello in the first segment.

Azz vaguely mentions that there is talk of another Wonder Woman title . . . the Question comes up "Can Wonder Woman Support another title?"

Wonder Woman talk starts about an hour in.

http://wordballoon.blogspot.com/2012/11/download-mp3-here-on-this-episode-of_16.html

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#2  Edited By RazzaTazz

@Press Oblivion:

I would like another Wonder Woman title, but I am not sure if it could work from a financial standpoint. I am also pretty sure that Sensation would not fly with DC whose only enduring tie to golden age names is Action Comic and Detective Comics

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By moywar700

The story can be good but perhaps it wouldn't sell well.

We are getting an WW graphic novel which should be good.I don't think we're getting a second WW ongoing.There is some hope.DC tends to spin-off comics with video games or a T.V show.I think we might get another WW title if she gets a T.V show or a video game.

WW has been kinda popular.She has several incarnations for the past couple of years.She was in...

-DC v.s Mortal Kombat

-Batman Brave and the Bold

-Injustice Gods among us

-New 52

-Earth 2

-Robot Chick DC special

-DC universe

-Young Justice

-WW animiated movie

-Batman prequel(?)

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Video_Martian

YES, PLEASE.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Blood1991

I'd read it, but like stated above I'm not sure how well it would sell.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Press Oblivion

@RazzaTazz said:

@Press Oblivion:

I would like another Wonder Woman title, but I am not sure if it could work from a financial standpoint. I am also pretty sure that Sensation would not fly with DC whose only enduring tie to golden age names is Action Comic and Detective Comics

That's why I like the title "Sensation", while it doesn't have the tenure that the other titles do, it does harken back to that golden age era and has a particular historical relationship to Wonder Woman . . . Well that's how I would sell it to DC in my fantasies anyway ")

@Blood1991 said:

I know, it's just that there are so many questions and no hope for answers in less than a decade, unless the title goes biweekly.

The bottom line is sales, as it would be for any business I'm just dreaming beyond hope that DC would honor the icon that she is and see that Justice League and the Wonder Woman title (which appear to have 2 completely different depictions of Wonder Woman in it) are just not enough to fill the gap. While I like what Azzarello is doing, the longer he follows his own ambitions the less likely we'll see answers.

@mr.obvious said:

YES, PLEASE.

Awesome! You ans I can storn the DC offices tomorrow and make this happen :D

@moywar700 said:

-Batman prequel(?)

That question mark is pertinent, what do you mean Batman Prequel?

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#7  Edited By TheCannon

Yes. MAKE IT!!!!

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Video_Martian

@Press Oblivion said:

@mr.obvious said:

YES, PLEASE.

Awesome! You ans I can storn the DC offices tomorrow and make this happen :D

Haha, sounds pretty cool. I WOULD, but only if they also promised to give us a Wally West series ;)

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By krspaceT

It would be nice to have stories of Wonder Woman in the modern DCNU

Avatar image for kapitein_zeppos
kapitein_zeppos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kapitein_zeppos

I like the concept, if it expands on the WW mythos, I'd support it, even if it's the only title I'd buy.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#11  Edited By Black_Claw

If DC can give Batman six titles, then I'm sure they can give Wonder Woman two.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Press Oblivion

@Black_Claw said:

If DC can give Batman six titles, then I'm sure they can give Wonder Woman two.

My thoughts exactly . . . I'm sure they have the budget for it, they'd just have to cut back on one of the next wave titles by one. Katana is getting her own title. . . c'mon.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#13  Edited By RazzaTazz

Something which might work better is if she took over a title like DC Universe Presents and just did teamups. That is the only thing I could see viably working

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Press Oblivion

Just dreaming here. I know DC would never go for it. Shame though.

Zdaybreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Zdaybreak
@TheCannon said:

Yes. MAKE IT!!!!

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Press Oblivion

Let's entertain the idea for a moment that there is a possibility of convincing DC that there is enough interest out there to launch another Wonder Woman title.

What steps would need to be taken to turn this pipe dream into a reality?

When mentioning the expansion of this character, everyone and their mother chimes in like HIVE mentality that the book would have to SELL. OK, point noted now let's look at the information available:

Wonder Woman Sales:

No Caption Provided

September: 49,778 - #30

August :44,584 - #35

July: 45,669 - #33

June: 47,229 - #37

May: 48,750 - #35

The numbers above are estimated number of units sold and their ranking in the top 300 of each month in 2012 for Wonder Woman. Frankenstein Agent Of Shade and Grifter both came in well under 20,000. It's common practice for the publisher to cancel titles that aren't holding above 20k. Historically Wonder Woman titles have not sold as much as her current incarnation (around 20-25k) but DC has always maintained her title out of obligation to the pop-culture icon that she is. With talks of a new TV show and possible feature film linked to the potential Justice League Block Buster, and her 75th anniversary coming up in 2016 there might be a lot more interest in an expansion title than most folks might have hope for.

What would you need to keep the title above cancellation waters for the future? The ingredients for the success of the current title are, no doubt, the creative team. Azzarello and Chang have been a comic creating dynamo in this newest incarnation of Wonder Woman yet we cant ask them to do it twice but we can look at the formula and try to recreate the results. This means we need a bang-up creative team with a solid 5 year plan (with a focus on filling the blanks that the new 52 have made), a pair that the comic fans will come out for on a monthly basis.

While a good creative team isn't always the salvation of a comic series with the proper push at launch and some dedication from the fans, this could be more feasible than we think.

So the next question is inception..... how do we (Wonder Woman Fans) get the ball rolling in DC's direction and plant the seed, spark the fire, turn on the light switch . . . insert your metaphor here. . . .Do we petition? Do we raid the DC offices? Do we tackle Didio? What is the best way to launch that first salvo? The numbers above are saying that the fans are supporting the product and I think that DC is ballsy enough to take the chance on one of their icons if they are ballsy enough to try Combat G.I. comics.

Your thoughts.

SayaOtonashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SayaOtonashi

It could be alt universe in which it takes places

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By gokuwarrior

@Press Oblivion:wonder woman could sell much more,and i'm taling about worlwide sales,she has the potential,but DC hasn't the balls,she is a god like warrior,with her mythologyher prrsonality,development and iconic statu,she could be much more,she could have epic adventures with epic fights where she can show all her power,situations where sh struggles with problems like if she was a normal human,develop her supporting characters,put her in different situations to show her different sides,she has the potential to be much more successful,but DC and writters don't have the balls to take it to the next level,because they still have problems to handle a beautiful,strong,smart,independent,peace loving and kind woman,sad but true.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By gokuwarrior

@moywar700:wonder woman could sell much more,and i'm taling about worlwide sales,she has the potential,but DC hasn't the balls,she is a god like warrior,with her mythologyher prrsonality,development and iconic statu,she could be much more,she could have epic adventures with epic fights where she can show all her power,situations where sh struggles with problems like if she was a normal human,develop her supporting characters,put her in different situations to show her different sides,she has the potential to be much more successful,but DC and writters don't have the balls to take it to the next level,because they still have problems to handle a beautiful,strong,smart,independent,peace loving and kind woman,sad but true.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Press Oblivion

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

I totally already started a blog about this

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/jonny_anonymous/sensational-comics-wonder-woman-donna-troy-book/87-77188/

Sorry dude, I ddin't look before I started this thread. Feel free to ask the Moderator to join the threads.

@gokuwarrior said:

@Press Oblivion:wonder woman could sell much more,and i'm taling about worlwide sales,she has the potential,but DC hasn't the balls,she is a god like warrior,with her mythologyher prrsonality,development and iconic statu,she could be much more,she could have epic adventures with epic fights where she can show all her power,situations where sh struggles with problems like if she was a normal human,develop her supporting characters,put her in different situations to show her different sides,she has the potential to be much more successful,but DC and writters don't have the balls to take it to the next level,because they still have problems to handle a beautiful,strong,smart,independent,peace loving and kind woman,sad but true.

Yes they do have the balls. Perhaps they don't hear the 5 of us yelling loud enough.

The premise here shouldn't be criticizing DC for their guts, but resolving the question of how to convince DC to make this title happen.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By gokuwarrior

@Press Oblivion: no they don't have the balls,that's why it won't happen any time soon,they never promoted wonder woman as much as superman,batman,even green lanter who has many movies,videogames and more,wonder woman is supposed to be part of the trinity,and what does she have?,a live action show from 33 years ago,one comic per month,only one event dedicated to her,one animated movie and a canceled TV show,that's everything that the most iconic female character has,and when it comes to comics,they treat her like shit many times,they made her power and feats inconsistent many times,they have used her as the punching bag many times,while superman and batman do the important job,and they have used her villans like the clowns of comics a lot of times,letting street level characters humiliate them like if they were nothing,wow DC has done so much for her,please,obiously they don't have the balls,or they just don't care about her at all.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By gokuwarrior

@RazzaTazz:wonder woman could sell much more,and i'm talking about worlwide sales,she has the potential,but DC hasn't the balls,she is a god like warrior,with her mythologyher prrsonality,development and iconic statu,she could be much more,she could have epic adventures with epic fights where she can show all her power,situations where she struggles with problems like if she was a normal human,develop her supporting characters,put her in different situations to show her different sides,she has the potential to be much more successful,but DC and the writers don't have the balls to take it to the next level,because they still have problems to handle a character like her,beautiful,strong,smart,independent,peace loving and kind woman,sad but true.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Press Oblivion

@gokuwarrior said:

@Press Oblivion: no they don't have the balls,that's why it won't happen any time soon,they never promoted wonder woman as much as superman,batman,even green lanter who has many movies,videogames and more,wonder woman is supposed to be part of the trinity,and what does she have?,a live action show from 33 years ago,one comic per month,only one event dedicated to her,one animated movie and a canceled TV show,that's everything that the most iconic female character has,and when it comes to comics,they treat her like shit many times,they made her power and feats inconsistent many times,they have used her as the punching bag many times,while superman and batman do the important job,and they have used her villans like the clowns of comics a lot of times,letting street level characters humiliate them like if they were nothing,wow DC has done so much for her,please,obiously they don't have the balls,or they just don't care about her at all.

You're very passionate about Wonder Woman, that much is obvious and you are correct in your comparisons to Superman and Batman and how much they have been given by DC. She is a character with tremendous potential and perhaps she could sell more but where is the resolve push for more activity from DC? My question to you is what are you going to do about it? You can make your argument over and over again on a plethora of message boards that DC doesn't read, to a million people that don't have a say in the direction of the property.

Her solo title sells nearly 50k units per month. I think that's merit enough to start another title but I'm no one in the DC company and my single opinion doesn't affect the future of the character. That question isn't just for you, it's for all of the fans of Wonder Woman that want what you and I want. We have to come together and tell the publisher that we want more.

A multitude of Wonder Woman fans have a problem. How do we resolve it? Let's focus on that.

Talk to the Co-Publishers

The number one way to get the message to DC is to talk to the people that are running the show. Both Dan Didio and Jim Lee use social media to correspond to the public about all sorts of things, using facebook, twitter, instagram, what ever. They have to be tackled everyday about the same thing to get the message through.

Talk to the Editors

These guys have the ear of the publisher and a successful title in Wonder Woman to back them up. If I had their email I would say email them but snail mail may be just as effective for getting their attention. Assistant Editors are just as good as editors in this matter as well.

Talk to the Creators

Appeal to your favorite creators of comics and see if they would be willing to pitch ideas for starting a new story. I've heard several times that Ethan VanSciver has been trying to get "Something Wonder Womany" off the ground for years. I doubt he's the only one who has been dying to get a hold of the character

Inspire the fandom

As I've mention above, we all have to come together to make this notion a movement.

With combined pressure from all sides, fans, creative, editorial, and what ever else to drive momentous pressure from all sides, Wonder Woman fans can get more. I'm sure that there are more ways to get the message to DC so if you have any use them to get the ball rolling.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By gokuwarrior

@Press Oblivion: i don't know if i'm very passionate,i'm just telling the truth,some of you say,why can't she get another title,why can't she has the spotlight in the same level that superman,batman,why they don't promote her more,and you don't think about the real reasons why,i told why,it's not about creativity,not about fans,or sells,i'm pretty sure they know that they could gain more money with her if they promote her more,cos that's what they care about,they wouldn't bother if the character doesn't give them money,they know she can sell more,but they don't know how to do it,because most comic readers are males,and even though wonder woman has many men in her fan base,DC seems to think that being a strong woman,without sexual content like catwoman,makes it way harder for them to give her the plasce that she deserves,because she is an strong,beautiful,independent compassionate and smart woman and a powerful and badass warrior ast the same time,and comic world is ruled by men,so let a woman be as important as superman or batman,let a woman wear the pants of comic,seems hard for them,even now in 2012,wonder woman has way better treatment than any otther female,but she still falls short compared to some male characters,and those are the reasons why.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Press Oblivion

@gokuwarrior said:

you don't think about the real reasons why,i told why,it's not about creativity,not about fans,or sells

I see . . . .

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

#27  Edited By krspaceT

Action, Detective and Sensation......erm did the Flash ever a title like this?

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By gokuwarrior

@Press Oblivion: i just hope that you understand that i'm a wonder woman fan,but being a woman in a world ruled by men is bad for her,she is limited,that could chance of course,if DC promotes her more,give her more time on the spotlight,make her villans more relevant outside her title,but they don't do it,i hope that with the new 52,she got more promotion and recognotion,she deserves it,because she paid the way for all the female characters.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Press Oblivion

@krspaceT said:

Do you think that all of the members of the Justice League should have an ancillary title like that? What would you title a comic like that for the remaining members of the big six?

@gokuwarrior: You do go on don't you?

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SmashBrawler

@krspaceT said:

Flash Comics?

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Or35ti

People always argue that another Wonder Woman book wouldn't sell but look at all the other books DC is publishing especially recently. Katana, Vibe, Talon, Sword and Sorcery, etc.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#32  Edited By fodigg

@Blood1991 said:

Agreed.

I do like the idea of WW having her own "Action" or "Detective" title. I feel like that would make her a more equal part of the trinity.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By gokuwarrior

@Press Oblivion: what do you mean?.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Press Oblivion

@Or35ti said:

People always argue that another Wonder Woman book wouldn't sell but look at all the other books DC is publishing especially recently. Katana, Vibe, Talon, Sword and Sorcery, etc.

That's totally what I'm driving at. Not the selling part, I think it would sell just as well as her regular book within 10k units.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Press Oblivion
starrk_coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By starrk_coyote

@Press Oblivion said:

No Caption Provided

I'm a long time Wonder Woman fan and while I'm enjoying the re-imagining of a lot of the DC characters I feel a little more than anxious to get the lost years of Wonder Woman's story, the bridge between Justice League and her solo title, and her relationship to Wonder Girl & Zealot. (I have to admit that I haven't read all of the Teen Titan's stuff so if it was explained there, my apologies for my ignorance.) I'm left wanting more and I think that titles like Action and Detective have given DC avenues to tell the fans more about Superman & the God Damn Batman.

With Wonder Woman's solo title so deeply steeped in the mythological, she seems to be so far removed from the DCU that her characterization in Justice League feels like a different character. Perhaps a second title would help to fill the gap where readers have questions about favorite Villains and lost supporting cast from the post crisis universe. I feel that Wonder Woman needs a foot hold in the cities and environments of the DCU with a medium focus on her Rogues gallery and experiences with saving the day. At the rate we're going this could take years to accomplish to waiting for the Wonder Woman title or Justice League to unveil tangible answers. . so I pose to you this . . . Why not bring back Sensation Comics? This title doesn't have to be exclusively about Wonder Woman, every issue, but can be shared by other the Amazons like Artemis and Nubia, feature Wonder Girl in some solo adventures, feature some awesome team-up pairings, or delve into her relationship with Superman in a way that none of the other titles will allow for.

I know that Wonder Woman has been a tough sell for DC in the last couple of decades. Characters like Wonder Woman and Superman don't have the appeal of Batman and that introducing a second title for Diana won't be on DC's priority list but passionate fans of the character know that there is so much more that can be done with her and her impact on the DC universe as a whole can be much greater.

I understand that DC is field testing "New Wave" titles for the chance of new success but why not take some of that chance money and invest in a, proven, pop-culture icon, developing material and canon for the future of not only the character but the billions of dollars in multimedia potential as well.

Anyone else for this?

No Caption Provided
Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Press Oblivion

I know that there are 4 other threads like this here . . . the more the merrier i say.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By Blood1991

@Press Oblivion said:

I know that there are 4 other threads like this here . . . the more the merrier i say.

I agree if we raze enough hell we may get one lol. I'd love a well done Sensation comics.

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39  Edited By cloudzackvincent

i wonder if the creators check the comic book forums from time to time

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Press Oblivion
Skewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Skewer

Fans to DC- revive the title! End message.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By jphulk26

@RazzaTazz: I think they could start a sensation cmics at the back of a more popular DC comic, like Bird of Prey. The way Shazaam is in Justice League. Just a collection of stories building up interest with lots of cliff hangers.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Press Oblivion

I'm not totally satisfied with that idea but if DC is willing to do something like that, I'll take what I can get :)

StarKiller809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#44  Edited By StarKiller809

I'm sure there are more people asking for another Wonder Woman title then Vibe... whatever Geoff wants I suppose. 

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Press Oblivion

I'm getting the feeling that this isn't going to happen just by overwhelming apathy from Wonder Woman fans alone. Everywhere I pose this question the response is "yeah but will it sell?" or "who's going to buy it?". It's very disheartening.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Press Oblivion

I Still want a Second Wonder Woman title. . . .

Goddessa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Goddessa

@Press Oblivion said:

I'm getting the feeling that this isn't going to happen just by overwhelming apathy from Wonder Woman fans alone. Everywhere I pose this question the response is "yeah but will it sell?" or "who's going to buy it?". It's very disheartening.

You got a buyer here in Down Under :)

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By jphulk26

@Press Oblivion:

@Goddessa said:

@Press Oblivion said:

You got a buyer here in Down Under :)

It depends how its marketed. I think if CW actually do do this WW TV show, we may see a second title to coincide with the show. Hopefully it will be closer to the original origin and we´ll have somewhat of our old WW back. So lets hope its good enough to air and it gets picked up.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Press Oblivion

So here are some thoughts on Wonder Woman 16:

So I've never written a review here before so I'll try to go with the Comic Vine style and etiquette.

The Art

No Caption Provided

While I'm not a huge fan of Cliff Chaing's art, it has grown on me after 16 issues and he is a strong story teller with panels and pages that are easy to read and provide fluid information about the elements of who, what, when and where without leaving the reader guessing.

Where I think Chaing is limited is in his character design. In the image attached here these ice creatures are lacking in intimidation factor. The only thing that they really have going for them is their size. People have likened this title's story to that of the horror genre rather than superhero but the simplicity of Chaing's art and story telling tend to blur that designation for me because nothing he does is actually scary, neither in appearance or action.

The Good

I like the portrayal of Wonder Woman in this issue, she's strong and decisive but most of all, she's not afraid to acknowledge when she's wrong. There's a little scene here where she's trying to convince brother Milan to help her in the quest of Zola' missing child while brandishing two swords. Lennox mentions the etiquette of holding a weapon while requesting aid and Diana's response is "Thank You". For me that was very humble of her and indicative of the character of Wonder Woman that I always thought she should be. There is a harmony that Wonder Woman, more than any other character, should exude and I think that this scene does that well.

Despite my growing ire for this "Zola's Baby" story arch we get some definitive answers that will hopefully lead to the advancement and end of all of this Zola business. So I'm looking forward to the next issue, which was big improvement from that last.

The Bad

There may be too much going on at this time. Perhaps there is a little negative bias on my part because I am very done with the whole Zola's Baby story that has been the foundation of this title since issue 1, but with the addition of so many characters and the distant subplot of the First Born there isn't a lot of room for Wonder Woman and the over all focus of her character.

Wonder Woman makes a flippant remark in this issue about Hera "I told you that she would come in handy." This really rubbed me the wrong way as Hera is responsible for a great tragedy in Wonder Woman's life, the loss of the Amazon People. I concluded that she was keeping Hera around to undo what was done and restore the Amazon women to their original forms, to return her family to her. . . .perhaps I'm reading too much into this but that line seems to undermine the graveness of this reality.

The cover is actually quite accurate for the contents of this title, which has been hit and miss for a majority of it's run so far. My problem is actually with the drawing and not the contents. Chaing has given Wonder Woman the facial proportions of the Hulk and mandible of Superman. She looks terrible here. With declining sales and limited mass appeal, Wonder Woman needs better than this to achieve growth.

This is NOT A GOOD JUMPING ON POINT FOR NEW READERS! For those of you looking to get into what's going on with Wonder Woman, please do yourself a favor and start from issue1. This story is the plaguing pinnacle of decompression, a story telling format that has deterred a lot of readers of comics in the past and this title thus far is a fair example of why.

The Verdict

Over all this was an enjoyable read. If you have been keeping up with what's been going on with this title we get a little bit of everything and the story does advance in a way that compels me to want to see what's going to happen next issue. Compared to the impossibly slow pace of last issue, not much more action is achieved (with exception to the First Born subplot) but the pacing was much more fluent.

This is why we need another Wonder Woman Comic . . . This just isn't feeding into Wonder Woman's peripheral universe of characters.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still want this and I think Wonder Woman needs another title now more than ever.