• 84 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

If you feel like there's been an overdose of SUPERIOR titles recently, it's because Marvel has deemed July "Superior-Spider Month." Pretty much anyone and everyone surrounding the Spider-family books were present except for Dan Slott, Ryan Stegman and Cullen Bunn (which pains me because I'm a huge VENOM fan). But fret not, Dan Slott did phone in to answer a few questions later in the panel.

No Caption Provided

* I'll upload the new images when they become available to me

• In case you haven't been following solicitations, Superior Spider-Man #17-19 sees the return of Spider-Man 2099.
  • The #17 variant by JG Jones is phenomenal. Seriously, it's amazing.
  • Black Cat returns in issue #20. They say this will be a “very big” issue – bigger than #698.
  • Regarding Superior Foes: We saw a few pages from an upcoming issue and it included a very familiar face: The Punisher.
  • Christopher Yost on Superior Spider-Man Team-Up: taking everything that works about Avenging Spider-Man and bringing it to the next level. It’s “the fun book.”
  • Superior Carnage: Kevin Shinick says he really loves putting the spotlight on the villains -- to see them make these poor decisions. He wants to show Carnage "like we’ve never seen before and really mean it." A lot of the Marvel Universe will be brought into this book as well.
  • Scarlet Spider: Kraven wants something very specific from Scarlet Spider and we’re going to figure out what it is (death, I assume).
  • Superior Spider-Man #22 kicks off“Darkest Hours.” This will be the first time Agent Venom and Superior Spider-Man face off. Leads to something “pretty massive” in the book.
  • Slott chimed in via phone and says they worked really hard to keep the two characters apart in order to build up to this and there will be a lot of friction between the two.
  • As expected, we will see more of the Lizard and Green Goblin's return will be "big."
  • Fan question:“Will Superior remain a jerk and unrelatable?” Slott says Ock is relatable because he’s the underdog and seeing the traditional hero always win isn’t fun.
  • Fan question: “What made you settle on Ock being the one to defeat Parker?” Slott says their origin timeline is so similar. He states if Pete never felt responsible for Uncle Ben’s death, he could have turned out like Ock.
  • Fan question: “Will the symbiote want to attach to Spider-Man and realize it’s not Peter Parker?” Panel response: "That would be crazy, wouldn’t it?!"
  • Fan question: "Will we see the return of Peter Parker’s ghost or consciousness?" Panel response: “No! How clear can we make that?!”

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By daredevil21134

Sigh

hyenascar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

more Otto, less Parker

Ando123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Otto rules¡ What a great series are Venom , Scarlet SPider , and of course Superior Spiderman

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

lovin the new suit it's a combination of some of my favorites, just too bad within a year otto is gonna be gone.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter will be back next year, just in time for TASM 2.

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was thinking what they said about the symbiote figuring out its not parker.

RyanCaskey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh.

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I firmly believe this was road they should never had went down.That being said I want to see where this goes because it is interesting to see how Otto goes about becoming a better Spider-Man (in his eyes) and how he evades others from finding out his secret.

So the further this goes I find it very interesting for example the aftermath of the Smythe Execution as I did not see that coming and just think it is awesome the hole is getting dug deeper for Doc

I just wish they produced a title for Parker so I can get my fix, sort of like the Untold Tales of Spider-Man was back in the day.

Trevel8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Why can't you guys just record the panel's seriously!

Denn979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just really want to see Peter back by Christmas.

Smurfboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Smurfboy

I can't believe Superior Spider-Man is already reaching like #20 by the end of summer. And it's not even a year yet. *jaw dropped* Doesn't he get like bi-weekly issue coming out ever since January? I wish all other comic books are the same. Getting an issue a month seems to take forever to wait!

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renchamp said:

I love the idea of Superior sticking around a while. The concept is not even close to being stale.

QFT

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like I'm in a Twilight Zone episode, finding myself continuously confused and exhausted by how more and more people are being won over by what is clearly a horrendous and misbegotten idea sparked only by the desire to create shock value.

RyanCaskey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like I'm in a Twilight Zone episode, finding myself continuously confused and exhausted by how more and more people are being won over by what is clearly a horrendous and misbegotten idea sparked only by the desire to create shock value.

I agree. I want Spider-Man back.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

Fan question: “Will Superior remain a jerk and unrelatable?” Slott says Ock is relatable

I do not know whether to laugh or cry. Or scream.

Yes...that's it...

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Hahaha "Ock Is relatable" It's a bit concerning that Slott doesn't seem to know the meaning of the word "underdog" that or he hasn't been reading SSM and he only writes the book while having a memory blackouts.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#18  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

The symbiote reattaches itself to Ock and realizes it's not Peter....would that really be ridiculous?

HollowPrince65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like SSM but....I mean....Peter Parker is a staple...I do want him back and I hope eventually he does because he is such a classic character. Itd be like if BRuce Wayne would never be Batman or if Clark wasn't superman. I know the stories are great and fun but....idk...I really want Peter Parker as I knew him back and face the facts that Ock was right....

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#20 k4tzm4n  Moderator

The symbiote reattaches itself to Ock and realizes it's not Peter....would that really be ridiculous?

They meant crazy as in really cool/good, not far-fetched.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

@k4tzm4n said:

@ultrastarkiller said:

They meant crazy as in really cool/good, not far-fetched.

Indeed

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh they might as well sticking with Otto as Spider-Man PP was killed as character when OMD happen even though his appearance in SW 2 was pretty out of character too.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm enjoying Otto as Superior Spider-Man. The guy is doing things Pete never could or would do and majority of it is working out for him. The guys got his own island, that's definitely a big plus in my book, and soon henchman and probably giant robot fighters too

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find it hilarious that many thing Otto will stay as the new Spider-Man. But like Dick Grayson as Batman Bruce eventually returned and so to will Parker and I will laugh at you fools in thinking he wouldn't returned with Superior gone the true Spider-Man fans will take over.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_: I was thinking the opposite. Like they'll kept Otto around so that between Ultimate and Superior, TASM2 will be the only place a fan can get they're Amazing fix

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By danhimself

I really can't wait to see Otto interact with Kaine and Flash...I really REALLY can't wait for Miguel to show up!

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

believe it or not, even when Peter does come back, I want Otto to stay a hero. I wouldn't mind him a Cain like figure. Why make him the Doc Ock again.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see little purpose in having two anti hero Spider-Mans its redundant.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've not been as interested in Spider-Man as I have been reading Superior. At the same time I've never hated "true" Spider-Man fans ever in my life. Seriously if most of them weren't such spiteful pricks Slott might actually have the nerve to show up at more cons. I'm honestly dreading the day Peter Parker returns because it will mark the day that I once again stop reading Spider-Man.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DrellAssassin

Forget the naysayers, this book is so awesome and has so much room to grow. Peter's been doing his thing for so long it's nice to have something fresh. People complain about the status quo, and then when it's shaken up, they complain again. And to all the people that think Peter is coming back within a year... don't count on it. They're launching three new Superior comics this month. Face it, they're in for the long haul, and I couldn't be more excited.

EscGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By EscGamer

I'm loving the series so far. Every read I'm getting something new. I haven't been this into Spider-Man in a while. I pretty much stopped reading a few issues after him and MJ hitched and then jumped back on when The Gauntlet happened and then Spider-Island and beyond. Great series, really fresh SSM is. I know the one who is gonna push Otto over the edge is the Goblin King. He's practically Spidey's Joker, always on him and attacking him on a deep personal level. I don't think there hasn't been an attack from Gobby (big or small) that hasn't hit Spidey where it hurts. I think he knows it's ock under the mask too. Anyway looking forward to this series future

OtchiNiTenshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By OtchiNiTenshi

I knew I wouldn't enjoy reading the panel information, yet like some sort of amnesia patient when it comes to Marvel and my favorite character, I keep coming back to get an update on the drek that is being pushed as 'good literature'.

If you enjoy the book, good for you.

I will not now, nor ever, read Slott's writings. He's proven incapable of handling even his own stories. Doc Ock is really a hero? Ends of the Earth. You wrote that. Doc Ock 'isn't accustomed to killing'? Last few comics, and EVERYTHING you wrote with Doc Ock disproves that. Everything Slott's done since taking over Spider-Man has been to disparage Peter Parker, and destroy anything good about Doc Ock as a character. (Seriously. Defend a sick and delusional man who is dying attempt to commit planetary genocide. I'll wait. It wasn't even a unique idea. Iron Age. SSDD.)

I peeked into this panel information to see what was up. I had suspected since I saw 'Superior Carnage' that we'd be shoved with this 'superior' stuff for longer than the passing fad of it's rapidly dwindling purchase numbers per issue. I had -hoped- to see some truly interesting questions from Fans directed at Dan Slott, and I wanted to see if he had the fortitude of spine and iron of stomach to answer them to fan's faces.

I think it says everything I could imagine that he -literally- 'phoned it in'.

whatisryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk everything the Marvel peeps are saying is consistent with Dock Ock here for the long haul. The book is in the top 10 every month, why would they change it? I figure they will use the "Peter Parker: Spider Man" book for SM2 in the same mold that "Avengers Assemble" was used. Just another comic made specifically for the movie fans meanwhile allowing for Slott to continue his SSM. I definitely miss Peter Parker's antics and cheesy jokes (Especially in Avengers) but it is what it is.

blackkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@ando123: Are you serious? You like to read about heroes not being heroes I suppose. Well, to each their own. God I hate superior spider-man, the entire concept just makes me ill. It's saying hey, it's okay to be a villain, kill the hero and take his place, what a wonder roll model we have for our children.

Avatar image for dantetheredknight
DanteTheRedKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Do not kill Scarlet Spider! He's sooo cool!

Scantenii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The sooner Peter comes back the better...

dmaggot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I'm not really sure I see Ock as the underdog in the Superior Spider-Man book, but then again I haven't read many of them past the first few. I just don't enjoy reading a character who is such a giant dick, constantly. Maybe I'll pick it up when Spider-Man 2099 shows up just to see what's up with that, but I really hope they bring Peter back sooner rather than later.

vPuik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was there and it was a fun. Sounds like an action packed rest of the year. I'm pretty excited about the secret agent spidey GN.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its not surprising the Superior fans still seem to cling to the idea of Otto becoming the permanent Spider-Man. Wake up already this but a temporary change in the status quo to shake thing up Peter will return regardless of your revolt of him with him Superior fans will leave the title hating the character with trash comments and the true fans will stay and everything will return back to the usual status quo.

Don_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to admit, that I liked the idea of putting a villain in the shoes of the hero. The basic concept is more than interesting. But not as a permanent change. Nice, fun gimmick for a year or two, then you change it back. But there are many things that bother me about this Superior Spider-Man situation. First is, that it was a very disrespectful way to kill off Peter. After decades, he deserved to go out with a bang. The second is that I actually liked Slott's work on Amazing. He actually made Peter live up to his potential far better than before. He had a great job, one that helped him being a better hero, his hero life helped to come up with ideas for his job. He wasn't constantly broke and became a respected hero, not just inside the hero community, but the general public accepted him as well. It was a big, mature change for the character. Then Superior came along. Since the beginning, I can't shake the feeling, that everything that happens in Superior is just a way to slowly destroy everything Peter built up in the past years, so when he's brought back, hes back to square one. Broke, jobless, unappreciated hero, the same he was for like 40 years or so.

My third problem is the depiction of the character. In Superior Otto is a giant bag of dicks. In other books, he's more or less a combination of Otto and Peter, usually with more focus on Peter. It's just annoying, but nothing we haven't seen before when a character is in like 5 or more books with just as many writers.

And clearly Slott doesn't know the meaning of the words underdog and relatable. Someone please send him a dictionary, wherever he's hiding.

Degalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Degalon

@renchamp:

I really hope that's sarcasm.

This cliche old "Body snatching" thing got old months ago. Moreso because there's no real reason (or WAY) that it could have gone on this long, considering how many other Spider Doubles have been around over the years, and how Otto doesn't even bother TRYING to actually act like Spidey or Peter. But terrible writing means that nobody really noticed that "Hey, this isn't the real Spider-Man, no matter HOW you look at him"

For the record, I'm actually with Ock turning over a new leaf (again) and being a hero. But the fact that he did it by bodysnatching Spidey and usurping his entire life just undermines any heroics he might do. He's not an "underdog", he's not "relatable", he's certainly not "heroic". He's a sick perversion of Spider-Man. He's literally just Doctor Octopus wearing Spider-Man's skin as a costume, and I'm sickened by the writers and panelists trying to act like that's totally okay.

Welp, luckily all I have to do is wait for another writer to decide to bring Peter back and kick Ock out so this idiotic mess is over with. Until Ock gets his comeuppance for doing what is probably the sickest thing he's EVER done, I have nothing but disgust for the writers.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funny how their reaction to questions regarding Parker's ghost or consciousness is such a unanimously resounding NO....as if they are trying to intentionally lead us down the primrose path.

_Genesis_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they keep Ock The writers are doing a great job.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

superior=Shit

Ock is relatable? Ok, i see, I mean i've always been an arrogant smart ass who kills people. oh wait....

QFT. It just shows how lost Slott is in this fan fiction he's writing that he can't see what he's doing to the Spider-Man universe as a whole. That is, he's leaving it in much worse place than when he started out.

Red_Lion1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I miss Parker but at the same time I'm really enjoying Ock as Spider-Man. Keep it up.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Fan question:“Will Superior remain a jerk and unrelatable?” Slott says Ock is relatable because he’s the underdog and seeing the traditional hero always win isn’t fun.
  • Fan question: “What made you settle on Ock being the one to defeat Parker?” Slott says their origin timeline is so similar. He states if Pete never felt responsible for Uncle Ben’s death, he could have turned out like Ock.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

I miss Pete. Regarding that symbiote thing, they should steal the idea.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

When ever Peter comes back he needs to keep that costume

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers