Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#51  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@sinestro_gl: I too wonder about Diggle's introduction into the New 52 GA comic. Jax and Naomi sort of just appeared at the beginning. Then they brought in Fyff later. There are plenty of ways they could bring Diggle in as well, but hopefully with a different approach than they took with Fyff.

@jorgevy: If that is the case, based on the news of the Suicide Squad, my guess would be Amanda Waller. She did appear in the Green Lantern movie portrayed by Angela Bassett. And up until that movie and the New 52 she was physically quite "big".

@bigboi100000: Can you give me some context here. I can only guess what you're trying to say. Is that the name of the character Summer Glau will be playing? Name does not sound familiar.

Discuss =) Jon_Anon's Green Arrow Thread - Green Arrow - Comic Vine

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Michael Jai White Bronze Tiger? Hell Yea!!!!!!!!

This is what i call perfect casting people

Avatar image for randomsuperuser
randomsuperuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kilowog52: Summer Glau will be playing Isabel Rochev who has it in for the Queen family and is looking to take control of their company.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

CITY OF HEROES - Season 2

Loading Video...
saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Season 2! Season 2! Can't wait to see it!

bigboi100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@sinestro_gl: I too wonder about Diggle's introduction into the New 52 GA comic. Jax and Naomi sort of just appeared at the beginning. Then they brought in Fyff later. There are plenty of ways they could bring Diggle in as well, but hopefully with a different approach than they took with Fyff.

@jorgevy: If that is the case, based on the news of the Suicide Squad, my guess would be Amanda Waller. She did appear in the Green Lantern movie portrayed by Angela Bassett. And up until that movie and the New 52 she was physically quite "big".

@bigboi100000: Can you give me some context here. I can only guess what you're trying to say. Is that the name of the character Summer Glau will be playing? Name does not sound familiar.

Yes, that is the name. A Pre New 52 Green Arrow villain

bigboi100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@kilowog52 said:

Discuss =) Jon_Anon's Green Arrow Thread - Green Arrow - Comic Vine

As a few others have mentioned upstream, I think the supposed toxicitity of the character has less to do with the character herself than her connection to Chuck Dixon. Chuck Dixon had a very public falling out with Didio and so DC are unwilling to use his characters and concepts. Stephanie Brown, Helena Bertinelli, Oracle and Bludhaven are all things he created or had a hand in developing into their iconic statuses and are all missing from the New 52. Tim Drake has been reduced to less than a shell of himself leading to the jokes about Tim Drake being a witness protection code name. Bane is the only Dixon character to remain arguably unscathed in the New52.

As for Cassandra Cain and her most recent appearances, those were in the Gates Of Gotham mini series, one of the last issues of Red Robin, and in Batman Incorporated #6, from the pre-Flashpoint volume, where she was set up as the Hong Kong Batman Inc representative, a role she seems to no longer have. In Batwing #10, Batwing went to Hong Kong on Inc business and had absolutely no interaction with or even mention of Cass.

Morrison definitely has more pull than most other creators, but he still doesn't have enough to get to use two characters who played a big role in his Batman Inc setup prior to the New 52.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I'm just psyched to see Canary finally! I still need to catch up on the second half of the first season sadly.

OmegaAgent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally Bronze Tiger. I've been waiting for a minute. He's suppose to have a claw weapon, this could be super cool. To mesh the modern day ninja with BT's already stylized classic profile, I can't wait. I wonder if they're going to give him spec ops weapons as well?

And this should have been found in a Bronze Tiger news update.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poor. Poor. Oliver Queen. Bronze will break him.

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By kilowog52

After looking up the name Isabel Rochev in the wiki on this website, I realized that I was indeed familiar with the character, just didn't remember her ever being given a real name or her threat ever being defeated. I believe I collected that whole Brightest Day Green Arrow series. I remember Ollie was banished from Star City and was living as a fugitive (for killing Prometheus) in the star-shaped forest that the life Entity grew for Swamp Thing in the area that was devastated by Prometheus' device in Cry for Justice. I remember he had some new love interest who worked in a soup kitchen or something and that he had teamed up with a guy calling himself Sir Lancelot. I remember him confronting Rochev, who revealed that she had had an affair with Ollie's father when she was younger and lived in the U.S.S.R. And then she had some lady assassin fight Green Arrow, who barely got away. However, I can't remember that plotline being resolved. I do however remember some tie in with the main Brightest Day series at the end as well as Lancelot realizing who he really was. But was the whole 'The Queen' plotline ever resolved?

Anyway, some website I got to somehow said Rochev in the TV series will be a high-ranking executive with Stellmoor Industries. Isn't that the company that took over Queen's in the current New 52 Green Arrow comics by Lemire? Does that name mean anything pre-New 52?

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@kilowog52: Amanda Waller was on Green Lantern??? I never saw that! was it a deleted scene?