Screwattack screws up Goku vs Superman?

• 113 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hart7668

Screwattack did a poor job? They were biased? See for yourselves:

For this video, 15:42-31:09 for the "Goku vs Superman" reactionary reaction.

So, as far as I'm concerned, it is WELL established that Superman can beat Goku.

dtschemmel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By dtschemmel

Morals on Superman wins. Morals off Goku wins.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By hart7668

@dtschemmel: The point made was that Superman outclasses Goku so badly, it doesn't matter HOW bloodlusted Goku became, he could never defeat Superman.

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By FalconPuuunch

How many times do we need to see this? HOW MANY TIMES?!

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By SUNMAN

@hart7668: of course they are biased most people are. I find it hilarious that they said they researched this like these were real characters

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some nerds make a youtube video about Goku Vs Superman and they get over 9000 threads about it.

TO TEH BAT-TUBE!

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Pokergeist

@hart7668 said:

@dtschemmel: The point made was that Superman outclasses Goku so badly, it doesn't matter HOW bloodlusted Goku became, he could never defeat Superman.

Wow gu their is hundreds of threads on here and they all make Superman Fanboys look bad.

Alot of the research (suppose research) on Goku was done wrong. Screw Attack also took a Composite Superman. This means all his feats from Movies, Cartoons, and verious Incarnations (Some with huge stats differences and Powers) as Superman Feats. Goku However was Nerfed.

So read any thread on the battle forum and realize it was very bias match.

Princess Peach beat Zelda!?

Link Beats Cloud from FF7?!

BIAS Matches. This one was one too. P!ss Poor research and use of numbers as well all the highest feats from Cannon and Non Cannon Supermans.

So don't make yourself look bad by taking this Video as Bible lol.

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course Americans want an American made character to win.

If this video were made in Japan, China, Korea, Russia, Iran, Iraq, India and Afghanistan, they would of made it were Goku wins.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pokergeist

I just finished watching their Vid here. It was so full of **** at the end. They said we gave Goku Super Sayain 4 to Goku as to not undersell him.

This was the problem with the match. They used NON CANNON Feats for Both sides. This is BS. Superman has Non Cannon Feats and different forms (like Silver Age) that would Spank Galactus or Phantom Stranger.

That was the problem and why people are Raging. If we took simple Pre Crises Supes Goku would had a shot at Super Sayain 3. If we took New 52 Superman Goku would have stomped at Super Sayain 2.

Taking Movie and Cartoons as well mixing Pre 52 and Pre Crisis superman Feats as well All Star Super Man is BS. I am surprise they did not mix in Superman Prime 1 Million lol.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Lvenger

Yeah Screw Attack's video was poorly researched and based on flimsy reasoning. I've seen several blogs and posts which debunk ScrewAttack's work with ease. Having said that I do still think the Post Crisis/Pre Flashpoint Superman with no added versions like All Star or animated Coldcast's 15 suns statement factored in can beat Goku. Including GT too so as not to leave any stone unturned. But that's just my verdict. ScrewAttacks' video was far from the be all and end all of Superman vs Goku debates that much is clear.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By z3ro180

Do dear caramel flavered Holy Ghost why did you make this thread this whole screw attack did this and that for goku and that and this for superman was done finished and now...NOW after almost three mounths of this subject being dead and buried why did you bring this up.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Bruxae

U mad cause Goku lost?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pokergeist

@Lvenger said:

Yeah Screw Attack's video was poorly researched and based on flimsy reasoning. I've seen several blogs and posts which debunk ScrewAttack's work with ease. Having said that I do still think the Post Crisis/Pre Flashpoint Superman with no added versions like All Star or animated Coldcast's 15 suns statement factored in can beat Goku. Including GT too so as not to leave any stone unturned. But that's just my verdict. ScrewAttacks' video was far from the be all and end all of Superman vs Goku debates that much is clear.

I agree it was all aout the versions. Superman Prime 1 Mill would wipe the floor of any Goku. However after rewatching the Video I found out why they screwed up so bad in numbers. The Version of Goku they used was Sayain Saga.

They took Base Level stats of Sayain saga Goku and added the SS Multiplyers. alot of their math was base around 40 tons on 10x Earth Gravity.

What they should have done was Frieza Saga where Goku was 40 tons in 200x Earth Gravity. Then the it would have been accurate and closer in over all Math matching to the Composit Superman.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Its all BS.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By JJ62

So, the DBZ fanboys are mad cuz Goku lost? lol..

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
My goodness, just let it go,  It's been months.
AnimeVice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AnimeVice

@CadenceV2: You noticed how they didn't use Golden Age Superman. He's the cannon Superman. The original. So when fans say that current Superman is cannon, it's actually not.

The actual battle is right here to judge.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By evilvegeta74

Dedication to screw attack!

AnimeVice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AnimeVice

@CadenceV2: Correct. All Superman re-created after the Golden Age were all done by fans hired into DC to make Superman more powerful. And due to the different fans, they will not agree to how a certain writer changes Superman from the Original Golden Age. There are over a few thousand different writers and co-writers for Superman who all of them are fans from the original one writer. The writer who created Superman to be:

1. Faster than a speeding bullet
  2. More powerful than a locomotive
  3. Can leap tall buildings with a single bound
  4. Look! it's a bird, it's a plane, It's Superman!

The word "leap" is bold and underlined because the original Superman can not fly.

Superman was written by over a thousand writers who can not agree the power set of Superman and are inconsistent with each other, while Goku is only written by one (that is cannon).

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By Rumble Man

@AnimeVice:

to me a fair battle would involve superman during the time which DBZ took place, which would be in the 90's or the bryne era where both characters are reasonably at the peak before ending/transitioning to a new stage.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pokergeist

@AnimeVice: To be Fair I belive his Powers increased alot till after issue 40 or so and then Superman was a all diffrent superman all together.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lvenger

@CadenceV2: Hmm very good research. I do hope someone who's actually done the research more thoroughly learns from the lesson of Death Battle's Superman vs Goku video

@AnimeVice: Seriously? That's your criticism about the battle? The version of Superman used? With all due respect I'm not understanding where you're coming from. GA Superman would make an unfair fight since Goku would easily beat Golden Age Superman. And since Sigel and Shuster sold the rights of Superman to the publisher DC was founded upon, Superman has become the flagship DC character we know today. In all honesty, DC have done more to define Superman than the original 2 have. I fail to see how the different versions of Superman amounts to being a serious problem. All one needs to do is define which version of Superman should be used. The most logical choice is the Pre Flashpoint Superman ie the version from 1986-2011. That's it, your problem is solved.

Avatar image for mypasswordis1234
mypasswordis1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mypasswordis1234

@CadenceV2: The Golden Superman was an overwank too in the screwattack video, idk why do you think he could beat Future Goku(who absorbed the dragon balls). He barely could recreate his wife. The only thing he has done is he created a dimension. Consider that even Dende's dragon ball can wish back the entire population of Earth in a second from the heaven and hell, Goku could do more things than Superman. Buu broke out of a dimension, Goku broke out too in base form... his power would enable to wish a dimension as well as an universe. Dende's dragon ball easily can create planet....

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#23  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@The Stegman said:

My goodness, just let it go, It's been months.

Amen

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've seen more accurate videos than ScrewAttack.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Pokergeist

@mypasswordis1234: I never knew Goku absorb the dragon Balls. I assume this is the crappy and inconsistent GT then. I stick with the official cannon of DBZ.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By NeonGameWave

Screw Attack is very biased, Goku would win but in terms of the Death Battle it was made for Superman to win. Their calculations were off and they used non canon material, the Superman that should of been used is Post Crisis, All Star Superman is non canon and Silver Age was retconned. It should of been SSJ3 Goku vs Post Crisis Superman and Goku would win, by current standard it should of been New 52 but Goku would demolish that version of Superman.

mypasswordis1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mypasswordis1234

@CadenceV2 said:

@mypasswordis1234: I never knew Goku absorb the dragon Balls. I assume this is the crappy and inconsistent GT then. I stick with the official cannon of DBZ.

If you didn't even watched it I don't think you have the right to call it crappy, only inconsistent.

Also I thought we talk about the screwattack video. They told something like "If someone think we should use the last Goku after the 100 years time gap, then we should use the future Superman too who is basically a god"(supposing that Goku is nothing to him). Which is a bs too. But nevermind.

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Tacos_Kickass

We totally need more superman vs goku threads, I know its new and fresh and hasnt been done before but we need brave leaders to ask the tough questions.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

So people are b!tching about this, but not about Wonder Woman losing to Rogue?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lvenger

@DarkKnightDetective: I disagree with that one too. That analysis was really rubbish. WW wouldn't be so affected by Rogue's powers that she couldn't pull off a win. And Link vs Cloud was incorrect as well

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@Lvenger: Let me guess, Link won.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lvenger

@DarkKnightDetective: They based Link winning on a gauntlet that lifted 1000 tons supposedly. And that was based on some shoddy calculation. And lifting strength does not = striking power.

ArticulateT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ArticulateT

While I agree with the verdict, I think it's no secret that the pseudo-science behind Death Battle isn't the best. Some battles I agree with, some I don't, but that's par for the course with anyone (The Zelda vs Peach battle I think was terribly done, for example).

My suggestion would not only be to let this incident go, but to let the Superman vs Goku fight go. In my eyes, it's been done to death and doesn't need to be discussed anymore.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SUNMAN

I mean all comic nerds try to justify why who should beat who, end of the day it tends to be bupkis, but when people get all high and mighty and try to throw in a lot of research on comic and manga characters and try to attribute it as gospel as if that isn't subjective enough.

Short of DC and Akira Toriyama collaborating equally on the battle there is no clear outcome. Also I thought the rationale used in a lot of the screw attack battles is pretty wonky they just throw a lt of info at you and half of it doesn't seem totally relevant to how a fight between said characters would go down.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SUNMAN

@DarkKnightDetective said:

So people are b!tching about this, but not about Wonder Woman losing to Rogue?

That was hilarious. I mean I understood the logic, but taken into account how these characters have been handled I couldn't see the battle playing out that way.

I'm not someone who makes a new thread every time I disagree with someone on the inter-webs.

Did you see the Batman vs Spider-Man fight lol. I just find them funny

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

How many dupes can you make of one battle before all of them get locked?

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#37  Edited By ImmortalOne

We seriously do not need another one of these.

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ImmortalOne

@AnimeVice said:

@CadenceV2: You noticed how they didn't use Golden Age Superman. He's the cannon Superman. The original. So when fans say that current Superman is cannon, it's actually not.

The actual battle is right here to judge.

Golden Age Superman is not the canon Superman because he's the original, I'm not sure where you got that from.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39  Edited By MrDirector786
Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#40  Edited By Hazlenaut

As Superman said to Captain Marvel “The Fight is over son”. They made the battle entertainment purposes. They said before that their numbers are meaningless since both characters are likely to break that limit that is established. Their most important line was this:

“What do you put a man who can break any limits against another with no limits in the first place. Well one still has limits to give it all.” Wiz

When you fools learn to stop whining and start listening for the key words in a fight you might learn something. Most of the people of Screwattack prefers Goku. They looked at many forums and calculated Goku’s speed. Does knowing your character not as strong as you thought make your time with him/her meaningless? Do you only follow the most powerful character and don’t care about anyone else? I hope most of you are not that petty but that explains Superman was considered the weakest character for while in the power ratings at this site because someone was not able to handle the truth after seeing it.You may not like but their point is more solid than yours.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By hart7668

I love this site. No shame in telling it like it is. I am quite humbled by the reactions.

May I get some links to the discussions that debunk screwattack? I have yet to see them. Not questioning their validity, I just wanted to see the ones you all had in mind.

For all of you asking "This again? Give it a rest!", forgive me. I did not realize there were so many threads out there complaining about this (and nor will I ever bring this up again. EVER) . I never really looked either though. I was simply asking the question,"Was screwattack really screwing Goku over?" Personally I don't think so.

Neither do I believe that they were biased against Goku. It was already stated that at least Chad does NOT like Superman and prefered Goku over him, or at least characters like Goku. Not only this, but whenever there was a question of "how high is this stat?" they gave Goku the benefit of the doubt (even if their calculations are wrong, that was the thought process behind their motives). I do believe they worked the better part of two and a half months (if not longer) to research this from every angle (especially considering they missed their Dec. 21st deadline by, what, two weeks?).

No, I am not mad Goku lost. I was originally surprised, but I am not a fanboy that "clings to his guns and religion" so to speak. If I am shown to be wrong, then I accept it fully.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Mr_Ingenuity said:

How many dupes can you make of one battle before all of them get locked?

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BlackWind

@Bruxae said:

U mad cause Goku lost?

They'll never get over it, trust me.

Avatar image for thevoiceofreason
TheVoiceOfReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TheVoiceOfReason

They should have done base Goku vs base Superman.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#45  Edited By GunGunW

The one argument that makes me roll my eyes is that Superman won because it was made in America. The creator admitted he doesn't even like Superman where as he is a Goku fan. L_L

mypasswordis1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By mypasswordis1234

@GunGunW: Very trustful words from someone who said he researched for months. Anyway it doesn't have relevance who does he like, they obviously care about the fans, the visitors. They just lead the stupid people with this speech who can't think rational.

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By KingOfAsh

@GunGunW said:

The one argument that makes me roll my eyes is that Superman won because it was made in America. The creator admitted he doesn't even like Superman where as he is a Goku fan. L_L

Though I usually say Superman would win, that argument is beyond stupid

Binski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Binski

@BlackWind said:

@Bruxae said:

U mad cause Goku lost?

They'll never get over it, trust me.

Dnavrkaejya18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Dnavrkaejya18
trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why the hell did you bump this?

Power Levels aren't linear unlike actual stats, Roshi moonbusted with a PL of 139 (I might be wrong but I'm sure it's 100 something)

If you proportion that to the farmer's PL of 5 theoretically the Farmer should be around small building busting levels.

Anyway I see your that and I reply with my this.

http://www.screwattack.com/news/final-analysis-superman-and-goku-w-power-levels