• 53 results
#1 Edited by ccraft (5068 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys sign this petition if you want to see Scott Adkins play Batman in the up coming Superman/Batman film.

http://www.change.org/petitions/warner-bros-dc-comics-make-scott-adkins-the-next-batman

If Scott Adkins is on your top 5 list of who you want to play Batman please sign the petition.

Leave a comment to why you want Adkins to be Batman, or if you want to see someone else.

In the video it says Tyler Hoechlin from teen wolf is being considered for Batman, which I find ridiculous if it's true..

#2 Posted by Wolverine08 (38837 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott can do it. WB, give him the chance.

#3 Posted by MonsterStomp (16112 posts) - - Show Bio

I still question if he can pull of a billionaire that gets a lot of publicity..

#4 Edited by ccraft (5068 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: TDK Trilogy didn't really show that, I'm sure he can if they did it.

Anyways the guy is famous, I'm sure the guy had paparazzi follow him before.

Also if you guys don't mind using #AdkinsForBatman for twitter or Facebook. Write a message to @ZackSnyder

#AdkinsForBatman @ZackSnyder

#5 Posted by MonsterStomp (16112 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: Has Scott even expressed interest in doing Batman?

#6 Posted by ccraft (5068 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: yes, under the comments of the video I posted it said this

UPDATE:

Wow! This certainly blew up! Even the REAL Scott Adkins shared my video on both his official Facebook AND his official Twitter! That's such an honor! But the fight's not over yet! Keep sharing the hashtag as listed above! We, the fans, can make a change!

#7 Posted by MonsterStomp (16112 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by ccraft (5068 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: I'm gonna message Zack Snyder #AdkinsForBatman everyday lol

I hope Snyder knows Adkins wants to be Batman, that would be cool. Better choice than Tyler Hoechlin.

#9 Posted by MonsterStomp (16112 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7593 posts) - - Show Bio

A petition for Scott Adkins for Batman?

Yes, I'm signing it!

#11 Posted by ccraft (5068 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7593 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: Well, then this needs to be bumped.

We must not let teen wolf ruin the Batman!

#13 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8737 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm down, give the guy a shot. Worst case scenario, have him do all the fight scenes for the actor playing him.

#14 Edited by ccraft (5068 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie: That would be the worst thing ever :l

My sister likes teen wolf and she doesn't even want him to play Batman.

I'm down, give the guy a shot. Worst case scenario, have him do all the fight scenes for the actor playing him.

Him doing the stuns would be cool, but worst case scenario he isn't in it at all!! :(

#15 Posted by Fallschirmjager (15263 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want to point out (not to spite your efforts or anything)...

But given the fact that WB announced Bats/Supes movie for 2015, and them wanting to start filming in spring of 2014 - I am guessing the following

• The script is probably close to done all ready. Maybe not the final draft, but at least a first or 2nd draft of the script.
  • They probably all ready know who they want to play Batman. Remember - whoever they pick is probably going to have to spend up to 6 months (like Cavill did) bulking up for the role which would bring us to Feburary of 2014. Given that time frame...they probably all ready know who the guy is. Or at least have it narrowed down to few guys.

So yeah. Good luck to your petition and everything...but imo its quite likely they all ready have Batman casted.

#16 Posted by ccraft (5068 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: It's not my petition, anyways your probably right, they might have already pick their Batman. I doubt this petition will do anything, but thats not the point. I signed to show my support for Scott Adkins to play Batman. I really do hope they pick Adkins.

#17 Posted by GlassTrotter (23 posts) - - Show Bio

No one like some jensen ackles as bats?

#18 Edited by ccraft (5068 posts) - - Show Bio

@glasstrotter: Some people do, I don't see it though. Anyways it's been rumored that DC is longing for an older Batman so Josh Brolin might be cast. As long as he bulks up I'm okay with it.

#19 Edited by Pr0metheus (4964 posts) - - Show Bio

Still want Karl Urban..

#20 Posted by dagmar_merrill (6804 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure.

#21 Posted by randomsuperuser (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't see why Batman needs to be more old experienced though. I really want Adkins to play Batman! He would be the most complete Batman in the history of Batman films.

#22 Posted by dbatdog (532 posts) - - Show Bio

hire Christian Bale, he's 40 next year, plus he has an actual experience being a Batman......come to think about it, this is really making me sad :(

#23 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

It's 2013 and people still think petitions on the internet work.

#24 Posted by KingRobbStark (165 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123: lol

@dbatdog said:

hire Christian Bale, he's 40 next year, plus he has an actual experience being a Batman......come to think about it, this is really making me sad :(

NO! Fuck Christian Bale.

#25 Edited by ccraft (5068 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123: It's really just to show your support for Adkins, and that the individual whose signed the petition wants him to be Batman. There's nothing wrong with that. You know the petition has gotten almost double signatures within the past 3 days. I doubt it will get to 10,000 because Adkins isn't that well known, but if more and more people share this link and get it out there to the masses, more people will know why Adkins should have the role of Batman. Scott Adkins himself even tweeted the link and posted it on Facebook.

#26 Posted by MonsterStomp (16112 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft said:

@glasstrotter:

Some people do, I don't see it though. Anyways it's been rumored that DC is longing for an older Batman so Josh Brolin might be cast. As long as he bulks up I'm okay with it.

He looks freaking awesome in the Bat-Suit! And that is how the bat suit should look.

#27 Edited by Lvenger (18399 posts) - - Show Bio

Hate to be the party pooper but petitions never work. Like at all. Not on issues such as this to be certain.

#28 Posted by ccraft (5068 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: dudes! we are just showing our support for Adkins being Batman, some petitions do work if a lot of people sign it or if it gets a lot of attention. Just like this petition Make Dredd a Sequel Karl Urban won't shut up about it :P

This petition want do anything but get peoples attention, imo anyways.

#29 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6147 posts) - - Show Bio

What is he in?

#30 Posted by Oscuro (730 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse: Expendables 2, Undisputed 2 and 3, Ninja, Metal Hurlant chronicles are some that feature him as either a lead or a prominent role. he has been in other films as a henchmen and whatnot. The man is truly legit

#31 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19938 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft said:

@glasstrotter:

Some people do, I don't see it though. Anyways it's been rumored that DC is longing for an older Batman so Josh Brolin might be cast. As long as he bulks up I'm okay with it.

He looks freaking awesome in the Bat-Suit! And that is how the bat suit should look.

Needs more yellow.

#32 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

ahahhahahahahahha. no.

#33 Posted by ccraft (5068 posts) - - Show Bio

@oscuro said:

@rulerofthisuniverse: Expendables 2, Undisputed 2 and 3, Ninja, Metal Hurlant chronicles are some that feature him as either a lead or a prominent role. he has been in other films as a henchmen and whatnot. The man is truly legit

The Gringo and Universal Soldier also, I haven't seen it yet, I'm about to watch Universal Soldier now

#34 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6147 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: @oscuro: Sorry, haven't seen any of those. But he looks the part so if he can act, sure.

Also, I got neither of those notifications. Weird.

#35 Posted by ccraft (5068 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: @oscuro: Sorry, haven't seen any of those. But he looks the part so if he can act, sure.

Also, I got neither of those notifications. Weird.

Yeah a lot of people have the notion that if your a MA actor, you can't act. I don't think they've seen any of his movies, his a good actor imo, he hasn't in much BIG movies like Bale, but he's been in a few like Expendables 2 and his had a lot of movies were he was the lead. In that movie he fought Statham it was pretty cool.

#36 Posted by MonsterStomp (16112 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: I haven't seen yellow on Batman in years.

@ccraft said:

but he's been in a few like Expendables 2 and his had a lot of movies were he was the lead. In that movie he fought Statham it was pretty cool.

He wasn't anything special in Expendables 2. We just know he was a ruthless dude any actor should be able to pull off.

#37 Posted by Lvenger (18399 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: Feel free to petition but need I remind you of the failed comic book petitions in the past? Like the one to save Young Justice and Green Lantern TAS? Or what about a petition for a new Wonder Woman series? All were woefully ignored. The decision as to who is the next Batman is in Warner Bros' hands, not ours. Which is a shame really.

#38 Posted by Z3RO180 (6324 posts) - - Show Bio

Who ?

#39 Posted by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio

The guy can't act at all. So I say no.

#40 Posted by cfrehse (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

like the guy. He could def skip the six months of training to get in shape lol

#41 Edited by ccraft (5068 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: I'm just showing my support, I know petitions don't work most of the time, but it does help getting the word out to new people.

@vortex13 said:

The guy can't act at all. So I say no.

have you seen any of his movie? just curious.

#42 Posted by ccraft (5068 posts) - - Show Bio

@cfrehse said:

like the guy. He could def skip the six months of training to get in shape lol

ikr, have your read his bio? hes pretty much batman lol, he was robbed when he was 13 teen an made promise to himself that he wouldn't let that happen again! :P

#43 Edited by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: Expendables 2. Granted that movie sucked in a lot of ways.

#44 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19938 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: It would still need it to be more comic-book-y. I don't want an entire Black/Grey suit like in the Nolan Batman series.

#45 Edited by csantilli27 (181 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

@ccraft said:

@glasstrotter:

Needs more yellow.

have the belt be the same color from The Dark Knight Trilogy and I'm sold on the costume

#46 Edited by End_Boss (725 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Scott Adkins is a martial artist and bodybuilder, not an actor (no, being in a film or two does not count).

#47 Posted by ccraft (5068 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13 said:

@ccraft: Expendables 2. Granted that movie sucked in a lot of ways.

you don't got to Expendables thinking your going to get a good story, at least I didn't. I went to see it for the action. 1st one was better though.

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: I haven't seen yellow on Batman in years.

@ccraft said:

but he's been in a few like Expendables 2 and his had a lot of movies were he was the lead. In that movie he fought Statham it was pretty cool.

He wasn't anything special in Expendables 2. We just know he was a ruthless dude any actor should be able to pull off.

Yeah I know, but it was cool seeing him in the same movie with Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Willis, Van Damme and Statham.

#48 Posted by MonsterStomp (16112 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: It was cool seeing Statham kick his ass because he could best Statham at blade mastery. NO ONE BESTS STATHAM AT BLADES!

#49 Posted by ccraft (5068 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: lol yeah that was an awesome, especially how Adkins died.

#50 Edited by MonsterStomp (16112 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: I saw that coming from ages away lol. When ever a helicopters propeller is spinning and people are fighting around it, someone is gonna die badly.