Scientifically Speaking, Magneto could solo the Justice League

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

This is an atom. An atom is a collection of protons, neutrons, and electrons, they make up every piece of matter that exists. You, the ground beneath you, the clothes you have on, the computer, phone, or other device you are using to respond to this right now. Atoms make up every piece of tangible matter in the universe.

Now, there is one simple fact of atoms that is very important here, the one thing that holds them together is magnetism. It holds the atom together, binds it, without it, the atom would simply split apart in random directions, as would all the atoms around it, remove magnetism and anything made up of atoms would break apart and dissolve into its most basic components. This would apply to anyone, no matter how strong you are, no matter how durable you are, no matter how fast you are, without magnetism, you would fall apart at the atomic level.

Now here's where things get interesting, say the Justice League's morals are on, they aren't going to blitz him because that's not in their nature with their morals on, even if they did, give him a sew seconds of prep time and he'll surround himself in a field so none of the super-fast members like Flash or Superman could touch him. He would simply need to turn off the magnetism in their body, or weaken it enough that they would simply fall apart into atoms. Nothing can stop it, even if you can resist being manipulated at a molecular level, or an atomic level, unless you can specifically negate Magneto's abilities, you would fall apart into atoms. This means Green Lantern, Flash, Superman, Cyborg, Martian Manhunter, and yes, even Batman would be disintegrated. All of them would poof into nothing if Magneto did this. Only beings with enough pure power to keep their forms together such as say, Captain Atom could survive, and that's not even a guarantee. Or if you could deflect magnetism in some way, but since that power is so specialized and rarely used, highly unlikely.

So Magneto's enemies better hope he never picks up a textbook on how atoms work, because if he does, they're going to be so screwed.

No Caption Provided

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow....

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Do atoms have neck feats though?

starrware

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Science.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This is question...... will determine everything.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@cgoodness said:

This is question...... will determine everything.

No Caption Provided

Nevermind they lack neck feats

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

Do you mean the original 7 JL? Then yes, he could (this is ASSUMING Flash or Superman don't blitz the crap out of him, or MMH doesn't mind attack, or GL doesn't have a counter to his powers). This is assuming he can control atoms on the atomic level at will without trouble, and he is at full power. IIRC, it takes a great amount of effort for him to lift large objects, and the same applies to objects as tiny as atoms.

ALL OF THE JL? Not a chance, even with his immense power.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Doesn't the DC universe have Doctor Polaris? A guy with the same powers as Magneto? A guy the league and other heroes have beaten up before?

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: If you disagree, prove it, with SCIENCE.

@petey_is_spidey: Actually, Magneto has consistently manipulated things on a molecular level, individual molecules of Adamantium are almost easy for him to manipulate, molecules are simply a series of atoms, so even if it did it to individual atoms it wouldn't take much more effort on his part, and he wouldn't need to, he'd just need to send out a wave of power and shut them down.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magnetos powers are versatile and have great potential in science but there's no way he can beat the entire league on his own or even solo some of them.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could? Probably. Would? Not unless he has reaction time faster than Flash.

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MaZeRaIII

Magento definitely needs to read this thread.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: If you disagree, prove it, with SCIENCE.

@petey_is_spidey: Actually, Magneto has consistently manipulated things on a molecular level, individual molecules of Adamantium are almost easy for him to manipulate, molecules are simply a series of atoms, so even if it did it to individual atoms it wouldn't take much more effort on his part, and he wouldn't need to, he'd just need to send out a wave of power and shut them down.

Glad to know that. I wasn't aware of how easily he could manipulate individual molecules. I could see him beating a morals on JL. Morals off though, different story...

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mazeraiii: @magento

@scouterv: Morals on Flash isn't blitzing him faster than Magneto can break them apart, or at least bring up his shield made of pure magnetism.

@petey_is_spidey: Oh most certainly, he'd be annihilated in less than a second.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dan12456

Considering he's never done this in the marvel universe I don't get why you'd make a thread saying he could do it to the most powerful team in the DC universe. Seems like a weird bait thread.

Insertnewname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Insertnewname

If he has the force to split atoms he must have crazy strength.. Any feats to suggest he could pull off that trick?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

SMH No just no.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey: Oh most certainly, he'd be annihilated in less than a second.

Isn't what holds atoms together magnetic AND strong force? Would magneto even be able to completely disintegrated them? Sure, he'd be able to weaken them tremendously by weakening their atomic bonds, but would that be enough to beat them?

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey: From what I understand the Strong Force is what holds the protons, electrons, and neutrons together. Whereas the atom is held together by electromagnetism. I've read more than one scientific study on magnetism and they all pretty much say without magnetism, atoms could not be created, or hold themselves together.

@iamnot: Oh no, splitting atoms is something different entirely, you see how in the picture the individual parts of the atom aren't fused, but they're stuck together, that's magnetism keeping them together, without magnetism, they fall apart.

@dan12456: He's done everything that'd be required of doing so, he's manipulated the molecules of Adamantium, manipulating atoms isn't much of a step down since molecules are just a bunch of atoms bonded together.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace: Yes, just scroll up and I already pointed out what proves he does.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace: In order to manipulate Adamantium you need to be able to manipulate it on a molecular level, if he can do that, Magneto should be able to manipulate things on an atomic level. It's not that big of a jump.

roaris87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By roaris87

I'm no expert on Magneto, or science even, so this might be horribly wrong, but I always thought Magneto had power over metal, not specifically magnetism. Since he is able to control non magnetic metals as well.

Insertnewname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conner_wolf: hmm ok shit. Well.. then I am not certain what will happen. Yea it seems that he could take then out doe I agree if my doubts of something else happening don't apply.. :) :D

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace: I'm not saying he can break down an atom. You don't have to talk down to me, I know the difference between molecules and atoms. I'm saying that manipulating Adamantium proves he can manipulate something on the scale of an atom, it wouldn't be that much more difficult and he doesn't take an insane amount of strain to manipulate adamantium. Atoms themselves already have a magnetic field, all he'd have to do is suppress it and they'd fall apart. It's scientifically valid.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roaris87: He has control over the entire electromagnetic spectrum more specifically, everything from light to infrared, to magnetism of course.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I disagree with it affecting Batman.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lmao

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Just because Magneto claims to be the 'Master of Magnetism' doesn't mean he has the power to do everything. More specifically, I don't recall seeing or hearing of Mags being able to break molecules apart and turn them into atoms, otherwise he would simply be a kind of reality warper on the same line as Firestorm. As such, I dont think this situation would actually work, because Mags hasn't been shown to be able to turn magnetism off (like when he levetates something, he doesn't turn magnetism off, he just makes a stronger magnetic point above the object he wants to move, otherwise it would just be blasted into space since there was nothing gluing it to the Earth thats going something like 600.000mph through space...also it would make him unable to further affect it).

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never seen so much DC hate on this site. This must be a new low.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@ashrym said:
@conner_wolf said:

@ecstaticgrace: In order to manipulate Adamantium you need to be able to manipulate it on a molecular level, if he can do that, Magneto should be able to manipulate things on an atomic level. It's not that big of a jump.

It's a huge jump. The protons and neutrons are bound by strong force while the electrons orbitals are part of electrostatic force. What you are describing requires individual focus on each atom simultaneously and well beyond what Magneto has shown, while manipulating metals is different because metal exists in a sea of free floating electrons. Those are two different beasts. I think the potential exists for what you describe but it's well beyond Magneto.

going with Ashrym here. Pretty nice schooling. Was gonna say the same.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: The scans below should answer your questions. Also, he wouldn't be breaking molecules down into atoms, he would simply be suppressing the magnetism of atoms, thus there would be nothing holding them together. Imagine a brick building, Magneto is pouring something on the building the causes the mortar to dissolve, the building collapses.

And he can suppress a magnetic field, there's no reason he shouldn't be able to.

@ashrym: It's not that big of a jump at all. Especially since he's proven he can manipulate things on an atomic level before.

No Caption Provided

"But he needed to amp himself"-I hear you cry, except he only needed to do that in order to enhance his perception and map out all of the atoms in Colossus' body. Fine retouchings and fixing someone's entire broken body, realigning molecules and atoms, this also takes much more precision than simple "Poof no more magnetism in your entire body".

Also, proof Magneto is also capable of ripping people apart quite easily.

No Caption Provided

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never seen so much DC hate on this site. This must be a new low.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Could he do it to The Avengers? (Including Thor?) Superman's Kryptonian structure is quite different on an atomic level than ordinary humans. I know in the old DC comics that's why Flash could vibrate through Superman, his structure was too dense. I'm not going to pretend to be a molecular biologist, but using "comic-science" where the rules are often thrown out in favor of fantasy type science. I'm thinking Magneto could do that to some members of the JLA, but not the entire team. I mean could he break up Superman and Flash simultaneously?

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

meanwhile batman is making toast with popo

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manwhohaseverything: Hulk, Hyperion, and a lot of others, yes. Thor, no, his molecules are special, and with Mjolnir he could counter Magneto's magnetism. Iron Man would also be able to resist it because his armor actually has anti-magnetism capabilities. The Kryptonian's physical structure does not change the fact atoms are held together by magnetism, and without that magnetism, the atoms would fall apart.

And theoretically? Yes, he could, AOE is a beautiful thing.

@ashrym: I almost forgot, you are correct about the Strong force, but without the electrons orbiting the nucleus, the effect would still be the same.

@chimeroid: Refer to my above post.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By conner_wolf

@dan12456: Refer to my above post, I showed off a scan since that's all ComicVine seems to care about, no logic, no science, no facts. And it's not a huge leap, it's about as big of a leap as saying someone can destroy a planet with one punch with ease, therefore they could destroy a slightly bigger planet with similar strain. ComicVine's notion of "If it's even one degree harder it's an impossible leap that you have to prove" is cancerous and idiotic, defying all logic and reason.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was with you until you got to Batman... please.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym: heavy sigh

You are being illogical. The fact Colossus is metal is not the point, the point is he is manipulating atoms. You aren't giving me science, you're giving me denial, much like everyone else on this site I show you a scan and you try to divert attention away from the facts

Fact: Magneto can manipulate atoms

Fact: Atoms have magnetic fields

Fact: Magneto can manipulate magnetic fields.

Logical Conclusion: Magneto could manipulate the magnetic field of atoms, thus suppressing them and causing the atoms to fall apart, done deal. That's the science and facts behind it.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@manwhohaseverything: Hulk, Hyperion, and a lot of others, yes. Thor, no, his molecules are special, and with Mjolnir he could counter Magneto's magnetism. Iron Man would also be able to resist it because his armor actually has anti-magnetism capabilities. The Kryptonian's physical structure does not change the fact atoms are held together by magnetism, and without that magnetism, the atoms would fall apart.

And theoretically? Yes, he could, AOE is a beautiful thing.

@ashrym: I almost forgot, you are correct about the Strong force, but without the electrons orbiting the nucleus, the effect would still be the same.

@chimeroid: Refer to my above post.

Thor's molecules are "special"? You mean his aren't held together by magnetism? If it's because he's of Diety heritage, than wouldn't the same hold true for Wonder Woman?

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manwhohaseverything: Thor's molecules have specifically been pointed out to be different from mortal ones, and are unable to be manipulated by most normal means, whether it involves actual physical changes, or it involves removing all kinetic energy from them, his molecules are unique and seem to be unaffected by everything. Then again this is ComicVine, where if you can resist energy with a frequency of 0.002, you need feats for a frequency of 0.003.