#1 Posted by goodmoviesbad (98 posts) - - Show Bio

US schools are encouraging parents to monitor their children, to supress their imagination and prevent reading comic-books: http://goodmoviesbadmovies.com/2013/05/23/schools-want-to-ban-imagination-and-comic-books/

#2 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

This is nothing new, schools have been stifling imagination since the concept of school was invented and comic books have pretty much been a go to scape goat for parents too lazy to raise their own children.

#3 Posted by Aiden Cross (15513 posts) - - Show Bio

Good luck with that :p

Kids minds are compromised of imagination, it should be encouraged because that's where great minds come from ;)

#4 Posted by AweSam (7103 posts) - - Show Bio

Children are the future. Unless we stop them now.

#5 Posted by Pyrogram (32259 posts) - - Show Bio

Luckily in my college I was just told to help arrange the comics and order some, so England ftw :p

#6 Edited by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio

Children are going to be what they are, children.

Stifling their imagination and believing you can stop them from being hurt is a pipe dream.

#7 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

So the link you posted is pretty much your own blog, where you cite absolutely no other sources on this story.

#8 Posted by Veshark (8523 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm no childcare expert, but I use to wrestle and fight with friends as a kid, and I turned out alright. Physical play and reenacting scenes from entertainment are a big part of childhood, and are fine as long as there's restraint and the recognition that it's fictional. Some parents argue that superheroes are bad role models because they rely on fighting to resolve arguments, but well, that's poppycock as far as I'm concerned.

#9 Posted by Loki9876 (2981 posts) - - Show Bio

Waow that's the worst idea ever.

#10 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoa

Whoa

Whoa

Someone needs to get shot

them legislators

#11 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2100 posts) - - Show Bio

Good luck with that :p

Kids minds are compromised of imagination, it should be encouraged because that's where great minds come from ;)

this.

#12 Edited by akbogert (3150 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, because one school has a terrible idea and sent a letter home, now "US schools are committed to stifling imaginations?"

One preschool, and now we're discussing the aims of the entire nation's education system?

Really?