Scariest Comic Book Character Ever?

• 67 results
DeathGorath444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In the spirit of Halloween I wanted to know who was the scariest, creepiest, evil villain you ever read or laid eyes on in comics?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#2  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
The Face of Terror
The Face of Terror

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@war_killer: I predict that about 90% of the comments will be this. :P

DeathGorath444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/31666/1146324-red_skull_6.jpg

The Face Of No Remorse. Quite Scary too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Havenless

@battle_forum_junkie:

I don't understand the general fear of clowns. I've always seen the Joker as a bit of a joke character. He's interesting because there's nothing scary about him, it's like a fat guy in a prom dress, he's just goofy. And then he's got a handgun? *pop* dead. Lingering pain is scary. Undefinable things are scary. Like this:

No Caption Provided

If I saw that charging at me from down the street, I would lose my mind.

If I saw the Joker running at me with a handgun, I'd think, *Sigh* "Here we go..."

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#7  Edited By Joygirl

Theoretically, Scarecrow or Sinestro. Realistically, Alex Merkel.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 the_stegman  Moderator

King shark....he's a shark!

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RisingBean

Bullseye. That is one evil dude.

Sabretooth, Red Skull and Joker too.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I wouldn't want to meet Sabretooth or Bullseye in an ally.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The lack of Carnage in this thread blows my mind.

Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@havenless: It's not so much the appearance as the fact that he wil beat you to death the whole time laughing his head off with a smile plasterd on his face. Also, have read Killing Joke? The guy is seriously demented. How he just casually made jokes right after what he did to Barbara creeps me out.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Carnage and I'm going to even say Red Skull

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Red Skull or Carnage > Joker.

That's not taking anything away from Joker. I just think Carnage is a much more menacing version of him.

As for Red Skull? The guy is arguably one of the most evily intented characters in comic history.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Scarecrow should be numero uno. He literally makes your worse fear pop into reality.

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

The Corinthian, Dream Stone-empowered Doctor Destiny, Zombie Mr. Fantastic, Carnage, White Martians, Kryb, Low.

Zombie Mr. Fantastic takes the cake though.

Zmasonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Squirrel Girl. How long were you waitin for someone to say that lol

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Blackdog2009

The Demon (he is from Hell, need I say more?)

The Joker (you around him, you a goner)

Killer Croc (he's a canniballistic man/gator!)

Scarecrow (this guy...damn, he gets off on scaring you to DEATH! nuff said)

Ultron (f$&@ck if I'm gonna be around him)

Gorilla Grodd (nothing need be said)

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By QueenCorp15

Probly any creature from a spawn comic even the clown is scary as sh&t

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By evilvegeta74
Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mega_spidey01

scarecrow or the carnage.

Obtrusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In general probably batman, if you were coming at it from the other side it would be terrifying.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Red Skull or Professor Pyg, some of their thoughts are terrifying.

Also:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Joker seems like a bundle of fun now, eh?

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: Like the Joker they're too silly looking to be scary.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joker invented the horror clown cliché we see nowadays.

I'd vote Scarecrow.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@havenless: It's not so much the appearance as the fact that he wil beat you to death the whole time laughing his head off with a smile plasterd on his face. Also, have read Killing Joke? The guy is seriously demented. How he just casually made jokes right after what he did to Barbara creeps me out.

Getting beaten to death isn't fun, but the makeup and jokes doesn't make it any more scary to me.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@joygirl said:

Theoretically, Scarecrow or Sinestro. Realistically, Alex Merkel.

This.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

The only thing scary about symbiotes is the fact they're sad, 90s ideas that haven't died out yet. That in itself is pretty terrifying.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jake_fury: Strongly disagree with you there but that might be biased on my part due to symbiotes being my favorite comic book heroes/villains. They haven't "died out" Marvel just pisses everyone off with their stupid choices for symbiotes.

Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By evilvegeta74
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Then there's always this guy, there nothing worse than a guy with a 48,502 kill count whom's non-super human. Frank's been walking around the Marvel Universe with characters like Thor, Hulk, Ironman etc...... ! Now that being said would you be thrilled to see this guy at your doorstep or down the street eye balling you from a distance in the night!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LimboBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carnage? scarecrow? Joker?

These guys are most definitely not scary, unless you started reading comics when you were five. well at least I don't see any other explanation.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarecrow's fear gas would make Carnage appear in a hallucination, so arguably if Carnage is the scariest thing for you guys, Scarecrow could make him appear, plus other villains like The Joker.

I can't see myself being afraid of a clown at all! The fear toxin could possibly make anything happen, I agree. Now when it comes to the question of me running into the Scarecrow, I'd be hard pressed to say he's a scary individual. I'm not in to needles, I admit that though! Deadpool's face is far more scary than the appearance of Joker and Scarecrow, until he starts talking!

Avatar image for marionettegeist
Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Marionettegeist

@limbobot said:

These guys are most definitely not scary, unless you started reading comics when you were five. well at least I don't see any other explanation.

No one in a comic is actually scary to the reader. But imagine if Carnage was real and running towards you, he's an actual alien monster you'd have to be a moron to not be afraid of him. Scarecrow literally gases you and makes you experience your greatest fear so he honestly should win by default, because no matter what you're afraid of if Scarecrow gases you you'll see it. Joker could be considered scary in the same way that any insane man who holds a knife to your throat, blows up buildings and kills hundreds of people at a time just because he finds it funny is scary. Also the op says creepy and evil in addition to scary, and Joker's got that down.

LimboBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363 said:

@limbobot said:

No one in a comic is actually scary to the reader. But imagine if Carnage was real and running towards you, he's an actual alien monster you'd have to be a moron to not be afraid of him. Scarecrow literally gases you and makes you experience your greatest fear so he honestly should win by default, because no matter what you're afraid of if Scarecrow gases you you'll see it. Joker could be considered scary in the same way that any insane man who holds a knife to your throat, blows up buildings and kills hundreds of people at a time just because he finds it funny is scary. Also the op says creepy and evil in addition to scary, and Joker's got that down.

then The OP should state that these villains are only scary if we encounter them in real life, i was under the impression that this was about villains who scared us while reading comics.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On Earth Scarecrow

Galactus for the universe

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Death- shes the actual reason you might be scared of any of these characters

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

No Caption Provided

The Violater?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

Scarecrow's fear gas would make Carnage appear in a hallucination, so arguably if Carnage is the scariest thing for you guys, Scarecrow could make him appear, plus other villains like The Joker.

I can't see myself being afraid of a clown at all! The fear toxin could possibly make anything happen, I agree. Now when it comes to the question of me running into the Scarecrow, I'd be hard pressed to say he's a scary individual. I'm not in to needles, I admit that though! Deadpool's face is far more scary than the appearance of Joker and Scarecrow, until he starts talking!

Eh. With his costume I would probably be freaked out for a bit, but not scared of him.

Avatar image for marionettegeist
Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Marionettegeist

@limbobot said:

@dctv3363 said:

@limbobot said:

then The OP should state that these villains are only scary if we encounter them in real life, i was under the impression that this was about villains who scared us while reading comics.

Well like I said I don't really think any character in a comic is actually scary when you're reading the comic, so I just assumed that the op meant that. I don't actually know for sure though, but a few people seem to be using the idea of encountering them in real life in their answers.

@joshmightbe

Death- shes the actual reason you might be scared of any of these characters

What about horrible, horrible torture that doesn't kill you itself but goes on for the rest of your natural life?

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363 said:

@limbobot said:

Joker has a actual kill count of somewhere between 132- 140 actual kills,some unaccounted for according to DCU, don't give him that credit! The Emporer Joker kills don't count! Like I said I'd be more afraid of a guy( Frank Castle) that has killed 48,502 people. Not afraid of the clown.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

No Caption Provided

Jayso4201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

How about (sticking with the Halloween theme)

No Caption Provided

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363 said:

@limbobot said:

Joker has a actual kill count of somewhere between 132- 140 actual kills,some unaccounted for according to DCU, don't give him that credit! The Emporer Joker kills don't count! Like I said I'd be more afraid of a guy( Frank Castle) that has killed 48,502 people. Not afraid of the clown.

48,000? There's a reason I picked Galactus and Thanos ;)

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:
@evilvegeta74 said:

@dctv3363 said:

@limbobot said:

48,000? There's a reason I picked Galactus and Thanos ;)

Good point there!