• 66 results
#1 Posted by DeathGorath444 (850 posts) - - Show Bio

In the spirit of Halloween I wanted to know who was the scariest, creepiest, evil villain you ever read or laid eyes on in comics?

#2 Edited by War Killer (19869 posts) - - Show Bio
The Face of Terror

#3 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7501 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer: I predict that about 90% of the comments will be this. :P

#4 Posted by DeathGorath444 (850 posts) - - Show Bio

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/31666/1146324-red_skull_6.jpg

The Face Of No Remorse. Quite Scary too.

#5 Posted by Xwraith (14695 posts) - - Show Bio

#6 Edited by Havenless (1303 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie:

I don't understand the general fear of clowns. I've always seen the Joker as a bit of a joke character. He's interesting because there's nothing scary about him, it's like a fat guy in a prom dress, he's just goofy. And then he's got a handgun? *pop* dead. Lingering pain is scary. Undefinable things are scary. Like this:

If I saw that charging at me from down the street, I would lose my mind.

If I saw the Joker running at me with a handgun, I'd think, *Sigh* "Here we go..."

#7 Edited by Joygirl (18169 posts) - - Show Bio

Theoretically, Scarecrow or Sinestro. Realistically, Alex Merkel.

#8 Posted by The Stegman (22801 posts) - - Show Bio

King shark....he's a shark!

#9 Edited by RisingBean (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

Bullseye. That is one evil dude.

Sabretooth, Red Skull and Joker too.

#10 Posted by Wolverine08 (38208 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't want to meet Sabretooth or Bullseye in an ally.

#11 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

The lack of Carnage in this thread blows my mind.

#12 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7501 posts) - - Show Bio

@havenless: It's not so much the appearance as the fact that he wil beat you to death the whole time laughing his head off with a smile plasterd on his face. Also, have read Killing Joke? The guy is seriously demented. How he just casually made jokes right after what he did to Barbara creeps me out.

#13 Posted by Spideysense44 (2773 posts) - - Show Bio

Carnage and I'm going to even say Red Skull

#14 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Skull or Carnage > Joker.

That's not taking anything away from Joker. I just think Carnage is a much more menacing version of him.

As for Red Skull? The guy is arguably one of the most evily intented characters in comic history.

#15 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19892 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarecrow should be numero uno. He literally makes your worse fear pop into reality.

#16 Posted by mightyrearranger (1431 posts) - - Show Bio

The Corinthian, Dream Stone-empowered Doctor Destiny, Zombie Mr. Fantastic, Carnage, White Martians, Kryb, Low.

Zombie Mr. Fantastic takes the cake though.

#17 Posted by Zmasonite (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

Squirrel Girl. How long were you waitin for someone to say that lol

#18 Edited by Blackdog2009 (1810 posts) - - Show Bio

The Demon (he is from Hell, need I say more?)

The Joker (you around him, you a goner)

Killer Croc (he's a canniballistic man/gator!)

Scarecrow (this guy...damn, he gets off on scaring you to DEATH! nuff said)

Ultron (f$&@ck if I'm gonna be around him)

Gorilla Grodd (nothing need be said)

#19 Edited by QueenCorp15 (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

Probly any creature from a spawn comic even the clown is scary as sh&t

#20 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Edited by GeekBait (777 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's one pretty evil dude.

#22 Edited by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

scarecrow or the carnage.

#23 Posted by Obtrusive (1640 posts) - - Show Bio

In general probably batman, if you were coming at it from the other side it would be terrifying.

#24 Posted by MaccyD (3401 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Red Skull or Professor Pyg, some of their thoughts are terrifying.

Also:

Joker seems like a bundle of fun now, eh?

#25 Posted by Ostyo (6379 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd: Like the Joker they're too silly looking to be scary.

#26 Posted by MonsterStomp (15343 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker invented the horror clown cliché we see nowadays.

I'd vote Scarecrow.

#27 Posted by hyiena (1790 posts) - - Show Bio

#28 Posted by Havenless (1303 posts) - - Show Bio

@havenless: It's not so much the appearance as the fact that he wil beat you to death the whole time laughing his head off with a smile plasterd on his face. Also, have read Killing Joke? The guy is seriously demented. How he just casually made jokes right after what he did to Barbara creeps me out.

Getting beaten to death isn't fun, but the makeup and jokes doesn't make it any more scary to me.

#30 Posted by Jake Fury (18064 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

Theoretically, Scarecrow or Sinestro. Realistically, Alex Merkel.

This.

#31 Posted by Jake Fury (18064 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing scary about symbiotes is the fact they're sad, 90s ideas that haven't died out yet. That in itself is pretty terrifying.

#32 Posted by OreoAssassin (3990 posts) - - Show Bio

@jake_fury: Strongly disagree with you there but that might be biased on my part due to symbiotes being my favorite comic book heroes/villains. They haven't "died out" Marvel just pisses everyone off with their stupid choices for symbiotes.

#33 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7501 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

Then there's always this guy, there nothing worse than a guy with a 48,502 kill count whom's non-super human. Frank's been walking around the Marvel Universe with characters like Thor, Hulk, Ironman etc...... ! Now that being said would you be thrilled to see this guy at your doorstep or down the street eye balling you from a distance in the night!

#36 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19892 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by LimboBot (116 posts) - - Show Bio

Carnage? scarecrow? Joker?

These guys are most definitely not scary, unless you started reading comics when you were five. well at least I don't see any other explanation.

#38 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarecrow's fear gas would make Carnage appear in a hallucination, so arguably if Carnage is the scariest thing for you guys, Scarecrow could make him appear, plus other villains like The Joker.

I can't see myself being afraid of a clown at all! The fear toxin could possibly make anything happen, I agree. Now when it comes to the question of me running into the Scarecrow, I'd be hard pressed to say he's a scary individual. I'm not in to needles, I admit that though! Deadpool's face is far more scary than the appearance of Joker and Scarecrow, until he starts talking!

#39 Edited by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@limbobot said:

These guys are most definitely not scary, unless you started reading comics when you were five. well at least I don't see any other explanation.

No one in a comic is actually scary to the reader. But imagine if Carnage was real and running towards you, he's an actual alien monster you'd have to be a moron to not be afraid of him. Scarecrow literally gases you and makes you experience your greatest fear so he honestly should win by default, because no matter what you're afraid of if Scarecrow gases you you'll see it. Joker could be considered scary in the same way that any insane man who holds a knife to your throat, blows up buildings and kills hundreds of people at a time just because he finds it funny is scary. Also the op says creepy and evil in addition to scary, and Joker's got that down.

#40 Posted by LimboBot (116 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363 said:

@limbobot said:

No one in a comic is actually scary to the reader. But imagine if Carnage was real and running towards you, he's an actual alien monster you'd have to be a moron to not be afraid of him. Scarecrow literally gases you and makes you experience your greatest fear so he honestly should win by default, because no matter what you're afraid of if Scarecrow gases you you'll see it. Joker could be considered scary in the same way that any insane man who holds a knife to your throat, blows up buildings and kills hundreds of people at a time just because he finds it funny is scary. Also the op says creepy and evil in addition to scary, and Joker's got that down.

then The OP should state that these villains are only scary if we encounter them in real life, i was under the impression that this was about villains who scared us while reading comics.

#41 Posted by kgb725 (5517 posts) - - Show Bio

On Earth Scarecrow

Galactus for the universe

#42 Posted by joshmightbe (24487 posts) - - Show Bio

Death- shes the actual reason you might be scared of any of these characters

#43 Posted by hyiena (1790 posts) - - Show Bio

The Violater?

#44 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19892 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

Scarecrow's fear gas would make Carnage appear in a hallucination, so arguably if Carnage is the scariest thing for you guys, Scarecrow could make him appear, plus other villains like The Joker.

I can't see myself being afraid of a clown at all! The fear toxin could possibly make anything happen, I agree. Now when it comes to the question of me running into the Scarecrow, I'd be hard pressed to say he's a scary individual. I'm not in to needles, I admit that though! Deadpool's face is far more scary than the appearance of Joker and Scarecrow, until he starts talking!

Eh. With his costume I would probably be freaked out for a bit, but not scared of him.

#45 Edited by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@limbobot said:

@dctv3363 said:

@limbobot said:

then The OP should state that these villains are only scary if we encounter them in real life, i was under the impression that this was about villains who scared us while reading comics.

Well like I said I don't really think any character in a comic is actually scary when you're reading the comic, so I just assumed that the op meant that. I don't actually know for sure though, but a few people seem to be using the idea of encountering them in real life in their answers.

@joshmightbe

Death- shes the actual reason you might be scared of any of these characters

What about horrible, horrible torture that doesn't kill you itself but goes on for the rest of your natural life?

#46 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363 said:

@limbobot said:

Joker has a actual kill count of somewhere between 132- 140 actual kills,some unaccounted for according to DCU, don't give him that credit! The Emporer Joker kills don't count! Like I said I'd be more afraid of a guy( Frank Castle) that has killed 48,502 people. Not afraid of the clown.

#47 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32236 posts) - - Show Bio

#48 Posted by Jayso4201 (594 posts) - - Show Bio

How about (sticking with the Halloween theme)

#49 Posted by MaccyD (3401 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363 said:

@limbobot said:

Joker has a actual kill count of somewhere between 132- 140 actual kills,some unaccounted for according to DCU, don't give him that credit! The Emporer Joker kills don't count! Like I said I'd be more afraid of a guy( Frank Castle) that has killed 48,502 people. Not afraid of the clown.

48,000? There's a reason I picked Galactus and Thanos ;)

#50 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd said:
@evilvegeta74 said:

@dctv3363 said:

@limbobot said:

48,000? There's a reason I picked Galactus and Thanos ;)

Good point there!