Sam Claflin to Play Aquaman?

ReviloIsFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ReviloIsFree

So I recently saw 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire' and as mentioned by everyone, it was certainly a step-up from the first one. One character in particular struck a chord, The guy that played the Finnick dude was desperately hinting to me, and alot of people other people, that he bares the type of character Aquaman is.

Think about it.

• I remember someone mentioning his skill speciality in the film was that he's a great swimmer.
  • Dat Trident Doe.
  • Beach Blonde Hair
  • Perfect physique.
  • He appeared to be wearing clothing with fish scales during the tribute ceremony.

So....Does this mean the victor of one of the Hunger Games is in fact the famed seaman *sniggers* (pronounce that how you will).

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Fallschirmjager

No.

Acting ability > anything else.

I haven't seen Hunger Games yet, but everything else he's been is terrible.

Having the same hair color is literally the worst reason to cast anybody as a character. Not only is hair color irrelevant, its also easily changed.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By youknowwhattodo

I don't think so, we (I'm including myself here) have this bad tendency to see an actor look a certain way and we go "look...they're perfect for so..and..so", Jaime Alexander is the most recent example.

Aquaman is more than just a good looking guy dressed in scales, he is not a masked vigilante, he is not an alien, he is the King of Atlantis, more so than any other DC character, the actor who portrays him needs to sell us on the idea that Aquaman has enough of a presence to not only rule over Atlantis but also vie for the leader of the Justice League. Sam Clafin, was good in Catching Fire, but I don't think that his portrayal would show Aquaman as the king that he is.

I say that Daniel Craig would be the best choice, because he has the physique and the presence to dominate any scene he is in, and that is what Aquaman deserves.

ReviloIsFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: No I meant were the crew behind the film trying to use his character as a sort of easter egg to say he's Aquaman.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: No I meant were the crew behind the film trying to use his character as a sort of easter egg to say he's Aquaman.

Hunger Games is disturbed by Lionsgate.

Aquaman being a DC property would be Warner Brothers.

So they weren't doing that.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I thoroughly enjoyed his performance in Catching Fire.

He'd be pretty fantastic for the role, his fits it in the looks department and his skill fighting with the Trident was a blast to watch.

I'd be 100% for it.

ReviloIsFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: I think he'd do a pretty good job, although he might be too young for the role.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@reviloisfree: Maybe, but I think he could play a decent Young Arthur, like the N52 version, he doesn't seem all that old to me.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reviloisfree: I thought the same. He looks too young for Aquaman.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Fallschirmjager

So I just saw Hunger Games and I have to say I don't see him as Aquaman at all based on this performance

His character was very charming and a bit of a goofball. Even charismatic at times.

Arthur is more stoic and serious. He also has a noble and commanding presence and I didn't get that at all from Claflin.

Not to say he can't do any of that, I'm just saying based of this performance I see no reason why he should be Arthur. Looks are the last thing I care about.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SilverPool

God, no.