#1 Edited by AustinHasten (218 posts) - - Show Bio

I've just finished this massive finale, and I've got to admit I need a change of pants. Nothing has ever been so monumental. Who else has read it, and what did you think?

#2 Edited by Cap10nate (2299 posts) - - Show Bio

@austinhasten: I haven't gotten there yet. I bought the entire Alan Moore run a while back an read the first 48 issues or so. I really started losing interest towards the end and haven't felt the desire to even finish the run. I loved the first part of run but felt it went downhill after the siege of Gotham and the subsequent trip to space.

EDIT: I just realized that issue 50 was that final battle with all the mystics. I thought you were talking about the final issue of Moore's run for a minute. It was a good issue and I really enjoyed that whole arc.

#3 Posted by Billy Batson (58026 posts) - - Show Bio

Moore's Swamp Thing was the first full run that I ever read and I love it.

BB

#4 Posted by AustinHasten (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@austinhasten: I haven't gotten there yet. I bought the entire Alan Moore run a while back an read the first 48 issues or so. I really started losing interest towards the end and haven't felt the desire to even finish the run. I loved the first part of run but felt it went downhill after the siege of Gotham and the subsequent trip to space.

EDIT: I just realized that issue 50 was that final battle with all the mystics. I thought you were talking about the final issue of Moore's run for a minute. It was a good issue and I really enjoyed that whole arc.

The scale of the entire thing was freaking incredible. Superman is fighting a guy named Lex, while Swamp Thing is fighting... Evil itself.

#5 Posted by Billy Batson (58026 posts) - - Show Bio

Moore's Swamp Thing was the first full run that I ever read and I love it.

BB

No, make that American comic book run, maybe? I'm not sure anymore...

BB