RUMOR: Joe Manganiello close on signing as Deathstroke?

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By vinomonster

Joblo and Cinemablend both reported that Joe Manganiello is close on signing as Deathstroke for Suicide Squad movie. Are we gonna Slade in DCCM?

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exclusive-suicide-squad-casting-rumors-with-ed-harris-gary-sinise-more-103?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Joe-Manganiello-Probably-Suicide-Squad-Get-Details-70258.html

Any thoughts?

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

about to read the links.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I can see him playing a really good Slade. Makes it even better is that he resembles Manu Bennet from Arrow in a lot of ways.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i cant see him as slade. ive only ever seen him be funny

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh not a fan. Also casting someone who could be Manu Bennett's body double is kinda weird.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By zaied

Not sure if he'll be in Suicide Squad, but I definitely think we'll see Deathstroke in the DCCU.

As for Manganiello, he's at least the perfect stature for someone like Deathstroke.

Ren_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

On one hand...yes - I'll never say no to seeing Manganiello in a role, and this seems like one he could be particularly adept in.

But on the other hand...Stephen Lang as Deathstroke, please and thank you.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

He wouldn't be my choice for Deathstroke though I do want him to play a superhero

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 the_stegman  Moderator

Sure, why not. I just want 2016 to come so we can stop speculating and get to the goods.

Bluefox170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ren_: Lang is far too old. 62 in fact. Even now it'd be a stretch. I know where you're coming from though because he used to be my top pick for awhile. He just wouldn't be able to reprise the role effectively. He'd play a supporting role in suicide squad and we would have to retire the cinematic version of the character or re-cast almost immediately. Same goes for Ron Perlman (64) who really isn't more than a voice when it comes to Slade. Joe Mangianello (34) has staying power. If Deathstroke shoots up in popularity after SS Manganiello can return for multiple films down the road and has more than enough time to establish a household name in the DCCU.

FilmCutting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m not sure I see the story here because they repeat the same news again. http://filmcutting.com/suicide-squad-joe-manganiello-rumored-to-play-deathstroke/

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YES YES YES YES GIVE US DEATHSTROKE!!!!!

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting. I wonder how they'll make him any different from Arrow

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Lang is way too old guys, Manganiello is a great way to go, he'd kill it, just look at the size of that guy.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15  Edited By Claymore1998

YaY I am just happy we might get to see Slade in the movie. Not too fussed know who plays him as long as his character is similar to that of comics

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shazam117: Rumor is he's supposed to start off as Pre-Deathstroke before he had all the enhanced abilities

Avatar image for sirbaronobeefdip
SirBaronOBeefdip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please god dont f**k it up like they did every other live action Deathstroke "cough*Arrow and smallville*cough*

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ren_: he's too old. Joe Manganiello actually looks like Slade.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

http://www.thewrap.com/joe-manganiello-exiting-ryan-murphys-scream-queens-nashvilles-oliver-hudson-in/

“True Blood” star drops out of series regular role on the Fox anthology series due to scheduling conflicts

Joe Manganiello has dropped out of Fox’s “Scream Queens.” As he exits, “Nashville” star Oliver Hudson has been cast in a lead male role, TheWrap has learned.

The “True Blood” star was cast in a series regular role on the Ryan Murphy anthology series in January, but an individual close to the show told TheWrap that he has decided to leave prior to production due to scheduling conflicts with “Scream Queens” shooting dates as it moves into series production and his commitments to promoting his summer feature film “Magic Mike XXL” internationally.

It has also been reported that he’s leaving to clear up scheduling conflicts between the Fox series and “Suicide Squad,” in which he’s being considered for the role of Deathstroke.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That what we need, more 52 in the Suicide Squad movie.

Also, people seriously loves to cast actors for being huge and muscular, nothing else matter about playing this type of roles... because that cant back fire.

Also the rumors point the next thing about Mistah Jay.

Jared Leto's Clown Prince of Crime is supposedly going to be muscular from working out in prison. His skin will also reportedly be bleached white; he will not simply be wearing makeup like Heath Ledger's Joker.

According to Latino-Review, this film's Joker is "lean & scarred but his suit does have broad shoulders. Joker works out in his cell like an inmate when he is interrogated by Amanda Waller. He's doing hand stand push ups so it makes sense that Jared Leto said he is putting on weight."

No Caption Provided

They add that "Joker has a lot of scenes with HUGO STRANGE! He's the psychiatrist at the prison & seems to be a part of the story yet I heard nothing of casting or mention of a single casting choice. Hugo Strange has quite a few interactions with the Joker & Harley Quinn. It's not the regular security. It's internal one on one thing."

Hugo Strange, The Joker, Lex Luthor and Deathstroke... This sound like either Ayer or WB believes that having as much as they can its a good idea (Against all evidence) or that all this rumors are coming out of people buttex.

When Jason Todd being in the movie rumors hit the Internet, people will know they either lost their mind.