Rumor: Ben Kingsley’s “Secret Marvel Project” Is a New One-Shot Short Film. REAL Man

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By AllStarSuperman

Last week, Ben Kingsley got the attention of Marvel fans everywhere when he revealed he’d filmed a “secret project” for the studio. Kingsley had seemingly finished his role as the Mandarin in Iron Man 3, but this new information brought up a plethora of possibilities regarding the character. Studio President Kevin Feige wouldn’t comment on the quote, but basically acknowledged Kingsley had filmed something.

Well now, the Marvel masters at Latino-Review claim to have information on the “secret project.” First of all, it’s a One-Shot. That’s the non-spoiler. For more spoiler-filled information that’ll make your head spin, read below.

The rest of the post contained spoilers for Iron Man 3 as well as this potential One-Shot.

According to Latino Review, Kingsley will reappear at Trevor, the actor who played The Mandarin in Iron Man 3. However, the real Mandarin – you read that right – the real Mandarin is mad at the ruse created by Trevor and Killian and wants to set the record straight. If Latino Review‘s sources are true, Marvel is about to add a real Mandarin to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

When and where would this One-Shot appear? The next slot would likely be the Thor: The Dark World Blu-ray, but that’s just an educated guess.

Another question would be the reason for this swerve. Some fans (this one included) were a bit upset at how Shane Black handled the Mandarin in Iron Man 3. Time and time again, Marvel people assured us this Mandarin wasn’t like the one in the comics. There were no mystical powers. The film then, of course, took that one step further making Guy Pearce’s character “The Mandarin.” Well, bringing in a “real” Mandarin could placate those fans, and also start to tease toward Phase 3 where mystical characters — like Doctor Strange — are going to begin appearing.

The previous Marvel one shots: The Consultant, Item 47 and Agent Carter, have so far been more of a tease towards TV shows than movies. Maybe this “secret project” is finally bucking that trend.

Do you think this sounds plausible? When and where would a real Mandarin reappear? Iron Man 4? Avengers 3? Doctor Strange?

Source:

http://www.slashfilm.com/rumor-ben-kingsleys-secret-marvel-project-is-a-new-one-shot-short-film/

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By oceanmaster21

same here

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

bump

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Latino Review is like, the least reliable source on CBMs.

Maybe this short film has a twist - it's a full-on movie! Maybe the character of the Mandarin has a twist - he's actually an actual mandarin orange! Maybe the twist has a twist and it's a straight line!

........I should go to sleep now.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This might just be a way to calm down all the fans that flipped out over the Mandarin being fake.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By MakkyD

Since Iron Man won't be getting a film in the next phase, what's the point of establishing the "real" Mandarin? Maybe for the Doc Strange film but tbh most people would prefer one of Strange's own villains like Baron Mordo or Dormannu. Would Mandarin be a big enough threat for an Avengers film then? Would they delay Thanos again after the tease? Maybe a more long-term or subtle route such as TV show or a possible future Iron Man film (With either Rhodey or a recontracted RDJ?).

Course, this is all depending on the rumour being true which should be interesting if it is.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7 rogueshadow  Moderator

Meh. Let the pathetic attempt at the Mandarin die.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Tyrus

I can't believe they're doing this... I mean, I was shocked at the twist but it wasn't as big-a deal as everyone made it out to be. I don't mind them adding a real Mandarin to the MCU, but it's a little too late for that if there aren't going to be any more Iron Man films and if this is only a one-shot...

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus said:

I can't believe they're doing this... I mean, I was shocked at the twist but it wasn't as big-a deal as everyone made it out to be. I don't mind them adding a real Mandarin to the MCU, but it's a little too late for that if there aren't going to be any more Iron Man films and if this is only a one-shot...

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RisingBean

I'd like to see a fix. Be nice to get a legit Mandarin if they make IM4.