Rogue: Smartest MARVEL character... EVER?

infonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By infonation

Since Rogue can absorb powers AND memories from people, doesn't that mean she's a fountain of knowledge?if she can remember all the information she's gotten from all the people she's touched over the years then that means she has knowledge of someone's fighting skills AND any other knowledge they might have accumulated over the years! scince, scorcery, you name it Rogue probably knows it! I know she usually only TEMPORARILY takes someone's PHYSICAL abilities, but does the same rule apply to her when it comes to MENTAL abilities? I'm not so sure... What do YOU think?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Gambit1024

I was under the impression that as she takes in more memories, the older ones get wiped out. I'm probably wrong, though.

Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Enosisik

Yeah over time they erase..... Even if she absorbs the information it doesn't mean she us capable of putting it to use. For example can read a physics book gain and understand the information but that doesn't mean I can walk into a lab and do the experiments on my own.... The same goes for fighting . Some ppl become master martial artist but couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag because they are unable to translate that knowldge into a practical physical use.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By evilvegeta74

Wouldn't all the absorbtion make her mentally unstable, hence the reason she got along with the Sentry?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

I know plenty of really stupid people with great memories

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Kallarkz

@joshmightbe said:

I know plenty of really stupid people with great memories

rofl!

Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Enosisik

In an old issue of ' What If' Proff X becomes Juggernaut and used his mental powers to read the thoughts of the smartest ppl in the world . He used that to build a gun that could turn super powered beings into normal humans. Thats what I always pictured the powerful telepathics as being capable of but again even with them they still need the ability to put it to use.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lykopis

@evilvegeta74: oh man --- lol -- you are killing me!