#1 Edited by k4tzm4n (36444 posts) - - Show Bio

Robert Liefeld's mouth is apparently a weapon of mass destruction - or at least his Twitter account is. Earlier this week, the writer-artist accounced he's leaving DC comics, and in the process, managed to insult a lot of people at the publisher. Prior to that, he called the teams that have worked on Deadpool "D-List." But apparently, the man isn't even close to done. Targeting the success of Batman's titles, Rob tweeted "It's not you. It never has been. It's Batman." Scott Snyder (who has had a stellar run on Batman so far) decided to message Rob privately, but I guess Robert wanted to turn it into a public mess.

Scott fired back to the "pretentious" remark, typing "Nice! Your Twitter feeds the best thing you've written all year :-)"

Isn't it great social networking can be used for such lovely conversations? I already know the answer 99% of you will have, but who do you think is in the wrong here? And, while Rob clearly showed a lack of common courtesy, did he bring up a legitimate point surrounding The Dark Knight?

Follow Scott on Twitter: @Ssnyder1835
Follow Rob on Twitter: @robertliefeld'

UPDATE:

*read from bottom to top*

Lol. And you can put that in your pouch and keep it for later :-)

Scott Snyder Ssnyder1835
Credit where it's due, brother :-) and that's all I'll say on that. Ah, comics.
robertliefeld robertliefeld
my sales went up on those books Ssnyder1835 sorry bud.
Scott Snyder Ssnyder1835
Aw, I'll give you credit Rob! :) Batman might sell inspite of me andGregCapullo as u say, but deathstroke & Hawkman failed because of you!

Rob posted the DM:
Staff
#2 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Rob Liefeld, always keeping it oh so classy.

#3 Edited by k4tzm4n (36444 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Rob Liefeld, always keeping it oh so classy.

Scott owned him with a quite a burn, though. The smiley is just icing on the "owned cake."

Staff
#4 Posted by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

Just leave with your dignity Liefeld..... the scraps of it that are remaining at the very least.

#5 Posted by Billy Batson (57784 posts) - - Show Bio
Scott fired back to the "pretentious" remark, typing "Nice! Your Twitter feeds the best thing you've written all year :-)"

BB

#6 Posted by Lvenger (18425 posts) - - Show Bio

This makes me hate Liefield even more. Not only has he screwed over the New 52, but he insults one of the best, if not the best thing about the New 52? I am definitely not going to watch Bloodstrike or pay attention to the garbage Liefield says or writes anymore.

#7 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7588 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO... Oh Liefeld, you suck.

#8 Edited by Billy Batson (57784 posts) - - Show Bio

BB

#9 Posted by Dernman (14763 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson said:

BB

Bwhahahahaaha! That's especially true for Deathstroke. He ruined a really good book.
#10 Posted by k4tzm4n (36444 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: Updated with Scott firing back :D

Staff
#11 Posted by Jake Fury (18157 posts) - - Show Bio

While I certainly wouldn't give every issue of Snyder's Batman 5 stars like this website likes to do what I've read has been pretty solid stuff. I don't think he's an all time great Bat writer quite yet either.

Liefeld is being pretty juvenile and quite frankly just trying to keep himself in the spotlight.

#12 Posted by Billy Batson (57784 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman:

He continued after that^^
BB

#13 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, I am amused right now.

#14 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32849 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson

Damit I was beaten to it
#15 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Its you're Rob not your.

#16 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow.

#17 Posted by BushidoBlack (116 posts) - - Show Bio

Hilarious. I would love to see the DM's Snyder sent Liefeld before all this blow up.

#18 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19938 posts) - - Show Bio

Rob Rob Rob....

@Jake Fury said:

While I certainly wouldn't give every issue of Snyder's Batman 5 stars like this website likes to do what I've read has been pretty solid stuff. I don't think he's an all time great Bat writer quite yet either.

Liefeld is being pretty juvenile and quite frankly just trying to keep himself in the spotlight.

He certainly is juvenile. This is really immature for him to do this.

"Be water my friend"

#19 Posted by Billy Batson (57784 posts) - - Show Bio
Lamest comeback ever?

BB

#20 Posted by k4tzm4n (36444 posts) - - Show Bio

@gravitypress said:

Its you're Rob not your.

Glad someone else spotted that. Kind of ironic coming from a writer, too.

@BushidoBlack said:

Hilarious. I would love to see the DM's Snyder sent Liefeld before all this blow up.

Rob claims he'll make them public "if he needs to."

I assume people were tweeting him, claiming he took Snyder's remark out of context.

Staff
#21 Posted by Dernman (14763 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if he's doing this just for the publicity.

#22 Posted by Lvenger (18425 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha I love Scott Snyder even more now for his excellent rebuttals to Liefield's juvenile comments.

#23 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

Rob is pretty much the consummate stereotypical man-child. He has the maturity level of a fifteen year old. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that's what he were doing.

#24 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

After reading this combined with the trash he was talking about Tom Brevoort and Brian Smith, I'm starting to become very disappointed in the man I still support :/ Yes Mercy, I know you probably will read this too so you can start to smile when it seems I'm starting to think about falling off the Liefeld bandwagon. And maybe its just me but Snyder didn't exactly show class there by firing back. Now I know essentially Liefeld started it with his statements before, but still, be the bigger person and turn the other cheek, no? I don't know, the more I read into these the more I start to think that there's ALOT of childishness in the realm of comic book writers and artists.

#25 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32849 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to follow Liefeld on twitter but he blocked me after he had a go at Inferiorego over that review  

#26 Posted by DarthShap (875 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not Snyder's biggest fan but come on! He ten times the writer Liefeld is, to say the least. How delusional is this guy?

#27 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio

Snyder attempted to handle it privately through DM, as Rob himself has shown. It's Liefeld who wanted to be an attention whore and make a spectacle out of it. I don't blame Snyder for firing back after attempting to address it peacefully and privately blew up in his face like that.

#28 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4692 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott Snyder, respect. I tweeted Rob something beautiful.

#29 Posted by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

Fellow DC writer's are rallying behind Snyder.....

Feel like a spectator at a boxing match *place your bets*

#30 Posted by k4tzm4n (36444 posts) - - Show Bio

Updated w/ Rob posting the direct messages.

Staff
#31 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Not only is Rob Liefeld a poor writer and miserable artist, he's a douche too.

#32 Posted by B'Town (2336 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fuchsia_Nightingale said:

Wow.

Yep. Wow is exactly what I said when I read the feeds.

My opinion is - it isn't a proud moment for either of them.

Childish, arrogant and asinine 8 year olds.

#33 Posted by SavageDragon (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

This is...amusing yes but also dumb. I think Scott shoulda taken the high road ya know? Just stop while your ahead and dont talk sh** over twitter. The whole thing is pretty juvenile and I would expect it from a group of NFL players or something not these guys.

#34 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@B'Town: Have they ever heard of a phone lol :P

#35 Posted by B'Town (2336 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedheadedAtrocitus:

I agree Snyder was also childish in his comebacks as well. It sounded to me as if Snyder was not just responding but intending to provoke a scene. Neither of them are behaving as adults.

(This coming from me - who believes Snyder is THE Creator ROCK STAR of this generation)

Hey Mercy, I think the two, need a wise and fair Mod. to help them take it down a few hundred notches. :D

#36 Edited by sesquipedalophobe (4692 posts) - - Show Bio

@SavageDragon said:

This is...amusing yes but also dumb. I think Scott shoulda taken the high road ya know? Just stop while your ahead and dont talk sh** over twitter. The whole thing is pretty juvenile and I would expect it from a group of NFL players or something not these guys.

They're writers, not heads of state.

I'm rather surprised there are so many fans of Liefeld.

#37 Posted by DarthShap (875 posts) - - Show Bio

@Adnan said:

@DarthShap said:

I am not Snyder's biggest fan but come on! He ten times the writer Liefeld is, to say the least. How delusional is this guy?

I think part of what he's saying is that people are buying Batman becuase it's Batman, not because of Snyder's writing. There probably is some truth to that, Batman: The Dark Knight was selling loads per month before Gregg Hurwitz came onboard, and the writing in that was terrible. He's definitely going overboard with the comments though, Batman didn't become a critically acclaimed title because it's Batman, it's because of Snyder's writing (and the art, yeah) Liefeld is acting juvenile but at the very least there seems to be some sort of context to this personal attack on Snyder that we're not being told about.

Of course, there is some truth to it. A lot of people do buy bat-titles because of how strong the bat-universe is, not necessarily for the quality of said books. Having said that, Liefeld really should not be talking about quality in the writing and the pencils with Snyder and Capullo as his go-to examples.

Also, we now have the context and I really do not see why Liefeld posted it seeing that it does not exactly make him look good.

#38 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

and they say Comic Books aren't aimed at children...

#39 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5183 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson

BB

I love this. Why take the high road when you can put the smack down on a jackass like Rob "Pouches" Liefeld? He deserved it for being an ass.
#40 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4692 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: I honestly don't get how what Snyder had said infuriated Liefeld (in private). On a related note, was Liefeld told to leave DC or was this his decision?

#41 Edited by borges (65 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if Liefeld was already high-strung before he reached the vistas of public condemnation; at this juncture, he comes across as very sour, almost innately so. 

#42 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL This is the first time I've heard anyone call him Robert.

And yes, I know that is totally not the point here...

#43 Posted by Suprman (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do I have the feeling that if by some miracle Liefeld was behind a popular Batman series he would claim it was popular because of his creative genius? Liefeld is acting like a huge jerk because His work isn't as popular, Synder isn't perfect with his batman work but he is a great Batman writer. Liefeld needs to learn to have more respect for his coworkers.

#44 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32849 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n: The DM is not showing up
#45 Posted by Suprman (442 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

He probably is.

#46 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8420 posts) - - Show Bio

Liefeld Owned! Finally

#47 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow! Read the DM's and it proves that Leifield is an immature prick who exploded on Scott for no reason at all.

Good on you Rob.

#48 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

What is it with this dude? Is it Liefeld's time of the month?

#49 Edited by sesquipedalophobe (4692 posts) - - Show Bio

#50 Posted by Dernman (14763 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh Snyder has nothing to apologize for.