#1 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (20856 posts) - - Show Bio

Leave the fact that his art is indeed terrible, because if we focus too much in it we will get lost bitching about it. What is your opinion on his writing skills?

#2 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Sub-par at best. Horrible dialog and a habit of rehashing the same characters and ideas.

#3 Posted by judasnixon (6229 posts) - - Show Bio

I find his writing worse than his art. Oh man now I have to look for funny scans of his writing......

#4 Posted by JediXMan (29679 posts) - - Show Bio

Not very good, unoriginal concepts, horrible dialogue.

I really see no redeeming qualities to the guy as an artist in the industry - and by "artist," I'm covering both bases.

#5 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

At his very best, it can be somewhat decent.

#6 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Talent should have been in Quotations. Like "talent".

#7 Posted by Xwraith (15632 posts) - - Show Bio

He actually named a character "Seymour Butts." I don't think I need to say anything else.

#8 Posted by batkevin74 (10428 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dragonborn_CT: I would like to lock this thread so people stop talking about him!

#9 Posted by Inverno (13061 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xwraith said:

He actually named a character "Seymour Butts." I don't think I need to say anything else.

LMAO.

#10 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5360 posts) - - Show Bio

He lost me the moment he wrote Lobo being held prisoner in Colorado.

#11 Posted by wimble23 (168 posts) - - Show Bio

Well every title he has worked on New-52 has now been cancelled so that should speak for itself.

#12 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

His writing is moderately better than his art.

Surprisingly, if you listen to some of the interviews with him, he doesn't seem like such a bad guy. Of course, that's him in a controlled environment, but I don't have any issue with him as a person.