Revolutionary War not making any sense?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By danhimself

Just read the first issue...I was confused the whole time....am I going to be confused for the rest of the run unless I read the Mys-Tech Wars? Has anyone read the Mys-Tech Wars? This issue was the first time I had even heard of it

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Revolutionary War is a comic series I'm guessing? Which company and run?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hart7668: Marvel...run? Revolutionary War is the name of the book it just came out this week

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hart7668 said:

Revolutionary War is a comic series I'm guessing? Which company and run?

Marvel. and it's a revamp of the British superheroes.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*looks on Google*

oh. Whoops. My B

:P

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By silent_bomber

I could follow what was going on alright, but I have a little familiarity with some of the characters.

I thought it was ok, liked most of the artwork, was surprised at how little occured though, lots of exposition.

Usually these "Alpha" issues really set-up the story and throw you in, this didn't.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: What didn't you understand?

just didn't know who most of the characters were and they kind of acted like we should have known who they were

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@jonny_anonymous said:

just didn't know who most of the characters were and they kind of acted like we should have known who they were

It explains who everybody is

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By silent_bomber

@danhimself said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

You're not going to know many of the characters, most of these guys only appeared in Marvel comics for like a year or two before disappearing off the face of the Earth and never being mentioned again.

I think the Mystech Wars even had an ending where all Marvel characters forgot it had happened so that Marvel US didn't have to worry about ever referencing it again.

Just jump in and see where the ride goes, I'd imagine the comic will explain the important info.

All you really need to know is that there was an evil corporation called Mystech who worked for Mephisto, and there were a bunch of UK characters who fought them and won years previously.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

You're not going to know many of the characters, most of these guys only appeared in Marvel comics for like a year or two before disappearing off the face of the Earth and never being mentioned again.

I think the Mystech Wars even had an ending where all Marvel characters forgot it had happened so that Marvel US didn't have to worry about ever referencing it again.

Just jump in and see where the ride goes, I'd imagine the comic will explain the important info.

All you really need to know is that there was an evil corporation called Mystech who worked for Mephisto, and there were a bunch of UK characters who fought them and won years ago.

Also, there's going to be a lot of magic bulls*** as opposed to Marvel's usual preference of science bulls*** for a change.

catfightfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By catfightfan

Personally, I never thought the Revolutionary War itself ever made much sense. The U.S. would have received it's independence eventually and it is not like the Colonists were being threatened in any real way.