REVIEW: Secret Wars Infinity Gauntlet #1 (SPOILERS AHEAD YO!)

MetaComix2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By MetaComix2

I finally got a chance to take a break from my extraordinarily busy schedule of doing absolutely nothing ( in my free time of course, I do have a job) to read Infinity Gauntlet number one, and I have to say, it wasn't at all what I expected.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying it was bad. In fact, it was actually quite good. There's plenty of action, some good character development, and all that jazz, but I did have some gripes.

In my video review I give a complete break down of the issue, with LOTS of spoilers, so don't watch if you haven't read it yet, and what I thought Gerry Duggan did right and what he did wrong.

Check it out! What did you think of the issue?

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was already pretty obvious from the previews that IG wouldn't be just a rehash of the original IG.

It's nice to know it's worth picking up from the shelf.

MetaComix2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinikettu: Yeah it's definitely worth picking up, although I wasn't crazy about the pacing. Looking forward to what they're going to do with it though.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sinikettu

@metacomix2: I wonder what's happened to Sam Alexander... He hasn't appeared in SW so far but at least we still get Nova corps existing in some form.

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I reckon thanos will assemble the gauntlet and since battleworld is the last universe the gauntlet will be stronger or equal to doom and the thors will show up and thanos will beat them. Then he will go rampaging across battleworld and beat doom then the universe will begin stabilising. Then everything but thanos and doom and all the importnat people will fade to white and stan lee will show up. He'll say "I have enough" snap his fingers then universe will begin appearing then there will be a narration by stan which is saying " As one door closes another opens and we begin again". then we get all issue ones of everything.

MetaComix2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chazz85: That's an interesting theory/prediction. It's seems the gauntlet and Thanos are probably the only ones who can do anything to stop Doom, but then again, who knows.

I like this theory though, including the Stan Lee part. That'd be cool to work that in.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metacomix2: I don't know, judging by the preview of SW #3 it seems that despite his flaws Doom might be the one holding the 'reality' from being completely unravelled. So offing him might not be as easy as it seems.

MetaComix2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinikettu: I can't wait to find out how in the world he managed to become "god" and do all this in the first place. I hope that's something they go back and explore in detail.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metacomix2: I've been wondering about the same thing. There's also a decent chance that Doom isn't "our Doom of 616" at all but one of his counterparts from other multiverses.