REVIEW: Deadpool's Secret Wars #1-- Pass the Chimichangas!!

MetaComix2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By MetaComix2

So I finally had a chance to sit down and scope out some of the Secret Wars tie-ins that came out last week, and it was a pretty mixed bag.

Some of what came out was excellent and got me super excited for the event, while others were lame, boring, pointless, and basically me flushing $4 down a porcelain Marvel toilet bowl.

Fortunately, one of the better ones that came out was Deadpool's Secret Wars #1, which was pretty much the best thing I read this week.

The kicker to this "tie-in" is that it isn't actually connected to the current Secret Wars event, but to the original that took place in the 1980s.

Check out my video review for a full breakdown of the issue, and see why I loved it, and why I think you should toss some dollars Marvel's way by picking this comic up!

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but deadpool sucks

MetaComix2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider-manwins Thank you for your most excellent contribution to the discussion about this issue. I'm sure I can safely speak for the majority of folks here in saying your comment truly enriched our lives. I bet your mom would be so proud.

#ChangingTheWorld

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@spider-manwins Thank you for your most excellent contribution to the discussion about this issue. I'm sure I can safely speak for the majority of folks here in saying your comment truly enriched our lives. I bet your mom would be so proud.

#ChangingTheWorld

#rekt

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider-manwins: he still blew spidermans head off

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedandyman: i did mess him up rather badly, but not enough fot it to be a rekt

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MetaComix2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider-manwins I think it's absolutely adorable how hard you keep trying. I kinda feel like I'm watching Rudy only with some squirt troll in the lead role, trying to do his darnedest to prove he's the bees knees. Maybe, just maybe, if you take a page from the Little Engine That Could and keep chanting "I think I can," you'll magically transform into a real boy.

Thank you for giving me an opportunity to exercise my sarcasm muscle a bit. Of course, I mean all of this in jest, totally just kidding.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread has been derailed, unfortunately. ):

MetaComix2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh Well, let's fix that. Did you read this issue? What did you think? I'm pretty much done feeding the troll. It was a good bit of fun, but I'm all for getting back on topic.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metacomix2: I've been reading Secret Wars II for the past couple of weeks. Once I've finished that I'll head over to the current Secret Wars.

MetaComix2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MetaComix2

@mysticmedivh I've actually not read the original Secret Wars stuff. Trying to get through the first one, but man, some of the dialogue is painful to read. I try to appreciate old school comics, but sometimes the conversations are kind of hard to get through. How's Secret Wars II?

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metacomix2: If you didn't like the first one then chances are you won't like the second one either.

MetaComix2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh I like the story and the concept, just think some of the dialogue is a bit hammy lol. Cheesy. That sort of thing. A lot of older stuff is like that, I just try to power through it though because there are a lot of great stories from back in the day that are worth reading. I'm attempting to acquire a taste for the cheesier dialogue and learn to appreciate it for what it is.

MetaComix2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider-manwins I seriously want you to know I'm just messing around man lol. You're totally entitled to your opinion and the subsequent sarcasm was just being goofy. I don't take myself THAT seriously.

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metacomix2: ok

I have nothing to contribute to this thread, so I'm out

all I can say is, SPIDER-MAN rules muahahahah

Ok bye

MetaComix2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MetaComix2

@spider-manwins haha....nice.....i can't argue man, I'm a huge Spider-Man fan too. Is he better than Deadpool? Hmm haha we'll save that discussion for another day!