No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

No Caption Provided
We danced, we kissed, we schmoozed and we had a fantastic time at the live party yesterday- but now it's over. Yeah, I'm pretty sad about it too. Did you get to see our shenanigans, or did you miss the amazing-ness that was Whiskey Media's Big Live LIVE Show: Live? Well, if you missed the show yesterday, you will be able to catch all of the archived footage over at Justin.tv, which Norm pointed out over at Tested.com. That's right! relive over 8 glorious hours of Whiskey Media entertainment! Watch Will and Norm test out their HD glasses and weight loss suits, Jean Baudin rock the 11 string bass, Jeff school everybody in Dance Central and Rock Band 3, live preview theater and much more! A big thanks to everyone who watched the show and the many of you who signed up for membership at Whiskey Media- we promise you won't be disappointed. So now, without further ado, check out the archived footage below. 

Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four   
OldManDuncan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By OldManDuncan

Awesome, thanks for posting it.

CaptainUseless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By CaptainUseless
@Duncan said:
" Awesome, thanks for posting it. "
Yeah the show was great. :)
Nick-SV(ril)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Nick-SV(ril)

man, that was f'n awesome. I was just in time when the whole thing started, so glad about it. congrats to those who won those CV contests. looks like I'm not that fast typing in the end

Avatar image for emerald_dragonfly_deleteme
Emerald Dragonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Emerald Dragonfly

I want more... Will there be more?

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Magian

It was very nice. You did a great job.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By No_Name_
@Emerald Dragonfly said:
" I want more... Will there be more? "
There may be more live segments available to those that subscribe for a membership.
Nick-SV(ril)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nick-SV(ril)
@Babs said:

"There may be more live segments available to those that subscribe for a membership. "

One of the few times I'm actually happy to give away money, and all I get is troubleshot. Stupid card. I hope I get it all sorted out by Monday
Avatar image for mr_hulk_smashin__
Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Can you guys keep the chat feature?

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By No_Name_
@Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! said:
" Can you guys keep the chat feature? "
Chat will be available for live segments.
Ry Fryy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Ry Fryy

I watched as much as I could (which was a few hours worth) and I really enjoyed it.  It's not easy to keep people entertained that long, especially with short attention spans.

24 hour live show next, right?

hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hdorman1

cool

Sergotron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sergotron

I love it, Gman had a few one too many. Babs looks a bit annoyed at him, lol.

darthfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By darthfoo

show rocked, check it out if you haven't already.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Bestostero

I got to see the last couple of hours, but I kept getting lagged out so boo...

will definitely watch some of the stuff i missed, hopefully nothing was edited, hope i didnt miss any wardrobe malfunctions or f bombs and trips and falls and what not, live stuff is fun :)

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By No_Name_
@Ry Fryy said:
"  24 hour live show next, right? "
Look at that, a comedian!
mrlogical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16  Edited By mrlogical

About 10 minutes into the show things went crazy for me at work, and by the time I finally got home, the show had just ended.  I was very sad.  But now I guess I can watch the show this weekend.  Yay!

HumanTorch101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By HumanTorch101

I really enjoyed what I saw of what I watched, which was about the first two hours.  Gonna watch the rest of it over the next couple days.

Avatar image for ironspidy_rooney
IronSpidy-Rooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By IronSpidy-Rooney

what was it about 

srsbsns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By srsbsns

It was AMAZING.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hamz

A great live show and an oddly weird but highly entertaining stream of the block party. 

MichaelBach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MichaelBach

Great show, I hope the Friday Live show will be something like this just condensed in to 1 hour of action.

Avatar image for eisforextinction
EisforExtinction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By EisforExtinction

I need Jeff signing Rilo Kiley as a ring tone.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SlightConfuse

cant wait for more. Also if we one something yesterday should we pm you with information

Sanj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Sanj

Wight loss suits are pretty cool, but I hear weight loss suits are even better! -.^ 

Was an awesome event, can't wait for the Friday Live Show!
jeff4moso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jeff4moso

truly stupendous show.  Babs was looking good!

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

great now what ever I missed I can see. 

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#27  Edited By jakob187

The Big Live Live Show Live was awesome...but the after party was where it was at!  LONG LIVE THE RORIE!!! 

Sad that Tony never got to dance.

wondercock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By wondercock

the big live show sucks i will never pay

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#30  Edited By Mercy_
@jakob187 said:
" The Big Live Live Show Live was awesome...but the after party was where it was at!  LONG LIVE THE RORIE!!!  Sad that Tony never got to dance. "
^Yes. :P
DanP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DanP

Dude how can you not love Matt "sexual dinosaur" Rorie? Plus the actual show was real sweet. Also I kinda won something to be determined at a later date so like all in all a kick ass day. Glad I was off from work.  

btw Thing > Hawkeye, despite James Robinson's fantastic description of Ben's mutilation. I mean come on clearly he could blink faster than Clint could draw two arrows and fire them into his eyes. Obviously ridiculous. :D

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#32  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

What a ridiculous day/night.

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By No_name_here

Being part of Whiskey's WRESTLEMANIA was an incomparable experience. Too bad you all didn't get to see most of the big brawl we had during Comic Vine news. I put Ethan in a backbreaker and Rorie dumped a huge pile of Twinkies on him. 

couzinit99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34  Edited By couzinit99

i'm so sad i missed it :( hopefully there'll be another one soon!

ConayR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ConayR

Hard to believe it's 8h long. It's incredible how fast the time flies when you're having fun. :)

Avatar image for eisforextinction
EisforExtinction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By EisforExtinction

So did anyone get more awesome that Will and Matt Rorie off camera?

Avatar image for the_velvet_rabbit
The Velvet Rabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dance central will forever taunt me in my fantasies and haunt me in my nightmares :)

KingSolomon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By KingSolomon

It was pretty cool, specially the 11 string guitar.
HCARyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By HCARyan

I'm going to go ahead an give some critique, and this is going to sound harsh but it's only because I want the show to improve. Concerning the Big Live Live Show Live, and the Whiskey Media happy hour I keep finding the Comic Vine segments poorly done and embarrassing. That's not to say Matt Rorie and Norm Chan don't have their moments, but they have really good chemistry with their co-hosts. In fact, I was sold on Tested because their antics just worked so well (and maybe part of that is Norm's complete lack of shame, but he really is starting to grow on me). Comic Vine's contribution is just dry in comparison.

So what's the problem? I would say it doesn't connect to people not into comic books. Let me preface that by saying I'm not really into comic books, I don't go out of my way to buy them, but I do appreciate them as art. In particular I find the Sandman series by Neil Gaiman absolutely stunning. That's not to say comics need to be held up to some standard, I can also respect some campy manga or Pearls before Swine for being what it is. So maybe there's your first problem, there's a barrier of entry to the majority of comics covered by Comic Vine (Marval and DC superheroes) that your typical Whiskey Media member just isn't going to be receptive to.

How can this be solved? I'd like to go back to Tested for a moment, and their first segment on the BLLSL. They took apart a PS3, and while that might be interesting to some people, to most it was dry and boring -- I didn't have much hope for them to be honest. What they do on their next segment, as seen on  tv, is something everyone can relate to. And they killed with it, I've read quite a few comments from people about how that bit sold them on Tested. Comic Vine needs to take a similar approach, like I mentioned before there's more out there than just super hero comics. There are Sunday newspaper comics, political cartoons, web comics, graphic novels, etc. I know a lot of these are niche, and I wouldn't expect equal coverage to superhero comics, but even giantbomb quicklooks the occasional Russian PC first person shooter, or acknowledges the existence of DSIware.

I'm no producer, so I can really only give vague suggestions, but the one thing I would keep in mind is that there can be anything interesting about any piece of media -- a viewer just needs to know why. A picture of Hulk in space is boring. Knowing that Hulk was lunched into space in an effort to get rid of him because he kept breaking everything because he keeps getting stronger because he keeps getting pissed off starts to get interesting. I wouldn't assume your audience automatically knows everything because I would bet most of us non Comic Vine people do not. This once gain lowers that barrier of entry, and if you can do that people will be more receptive.

There is one major problem with everything, and it's not Comic Vine's fault: comics are static, they don't gracefully transition into video media. I would just stop doing the Comic Theater. If a plot or dialog is ridiculous then a reader is going to have to discover that for themselves, when you try to force it in with goofy voices  it just ruins whatever humor might be there. You can make anything sound bad by reading it with a goofy voice. If a piece of text is particularly good, then it should be quotable on it's own. If a piece of art is particularly interesting then shoot it and let the viewer appreciate it. I think a good exercise to relate all this: imagine you're on QVC, and you're trying to sell a comic book -- how would you present this?

Finally, comic book character battles are terrible. You wasted two guys in awesome suits with this. I wanted to know what was up with those guys, what do they do with comics, what kind of industry stories do they have to tell. If I want character battles I'll to a gamefaqs poll. It's obvious you guys like comics, but when you try to force a bit like this it's not doing anyone any favors. Why not just be enthusiastic and critical, and talk to people like you normally would?

Please don't take any of this personally, I just think you guys can do better, especially when you're surrounded by all the other talent at Whiskey Media.
 tldr: Comic Vine Live is bad, make it better.