Recommended Comic Books( ongoing/Finished)

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Hey I've been on this comic book grind so help me out and recommend me some comics!!!

Comics I'm reading now

• Venom
  • Spawn
  • Batman
  • Batwing
  • Ten grand
  • Superior Spider-Man
  • Deadpool
  • Savage Wolverine
  • Wolverine Max
  • Superboy
  • LOLS

Also can you give me the closest/best jumping on point thanks.

GLJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

You should read Guardians of the Galaxy. Great book thus far and they're only on issue 5. The new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ongoing is pretty awesome too. Let's see...Wake is good. Green Lantern has been awesome. How do you like Batman so far?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

You seem like a very similar reader to me actually. Having said that, I think anything Valiant would be right up your alley. I don't think any of them are boy scouts, and that doesn't seem to be what you're into. I'd recommend:

Bloodshot - Definitely seems up your alley. Look him up. Bloodshot Volume 1 +

Archer and Armstrong - Bit of humour, some dark themes, and all around some great stories. Again, just get Volume 1 +

Shadowman - He's AWESOME, and I definitely think you'll take a liking to him. He's written by Justin Jordan, who also created Luther Strode, so if you want some of the same great writing, this is where you should look. Volume 1 and up. Not all the Valiant trades are out yet, but you can still get back issues if you decide to

Eternal Warrior - Debuts September 14th. If you decide you like the look of Valiant check this out. Eternal Warrior is Armstrongs brother. He's also due to be featured in a team book called "unity", but I'll let you know more about that.

Ninjak (Classic) Valiant Masters [Hardcover] - You don't get much cooler than nineties Ninjak. He's a mix of Batman and James Bond, but also a ninja. I actually ordered his whole classic run online. Check him out.

Unity - A team book that's coming out in November. It'll feature Eternal Warrior and Ninjak, teaming up with two others to take on X-O Manowar. I'm psyched for it.

Then there others such as Quantum & Woody (just came out), Harbinger, X-O Manowar, Bloodshot and H.A.R.D corps. Harbinger Wars was an event that ended recently so look out for that coming out in TPB.

So yeah, I can't recommend Valiant enough. If you take a look at even one of these stories I'll be happy.

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gljedi said:

You should read Guardians of the Galaxy. Great book thus far and they're only on issue 5. The new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ongoing is pretty awesome too. Let's see...Wake is good. Green Lantern has been awesome. How do you like Batman so far?

Batman has been awesome especially with Zero Year and thanks for the recommendations.

GLJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

captain America marvel now series. issue 10 comes out next week ending the first story arc so you can jump on after that.

superman unchained, issue 3 is out next week so you can find 1 and 2

tmnt. start with 21. city fall just started there

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You seem like a very similar reader to me actually. Having said that, I think anything Valiant would be right up your alley. I don't think any of them are boy scouts, and that doesn't seem to be what you're into. I'd recommend:

Archer and Armstrong - Bit of humour, some dark themes, and all around some great stories. Again, just get Volume 1 +

Shadowman - He's AWESOME, and I definitely think you'll take a liking to him. He's written by Justin Jordan, who also created Luther Strode, so if you want some of the same great writing, this is where you should look. Volume 1 and up. Not all the Valiant trades are out yet, but you can still get back issues if you decide to

Eternal Warrior - Debuts September 14th. If you decide you like the look of Valiant check this out. Eternal Warrior is Armstrongs brother. He's also due to be featured in a team book called "unity", but I'll let you know more about that.

Ninjak (Classic) Valiant Masters [Hardcover] - You don't get much cooler than nineties Ninjak. He's a mix of Batman and James Bond, but also a ninja. I actually ordered his whole classic run online. Check him out.

Unity - A team book that's coming out in November. It'll feature Eternal Warrior and Ninjak, teaming up with two others to take on X-O Manowar. I'm psyched for it.

Then there others such as Quantum & Woody (just came out), Harbinger, X-O Manowar, Bloodshot and H.A.R.D corps. Harbinger Wars was an event that ended recently so look out for that coming out in TPB.

So yeah, I can't recommend Valiant enough. If you take a look at even one of these stories I'll be happy.

Thanks. I've heard alot of good thinks about Valiant.I'll definitely check out Shadowman.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@i_like_swords: I think Ninjak is having an upcoming ongoing as well :)

ThorBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor god of thunder has been epic! Last issue of the first arc comes out Wednesday so maybe pick it up next month and buy the trade later. I also recommend uncanny avengers really good classic marvel stuff with a great lineup of heroes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@infamous_wolf:

@gljedi said:

I also recommend this. I've been collecting Guardians, it's great.

@maccyd said:

@i_like_swords: I think Ninjak is having an upcoming ongoing as well :)

He is! I don't know when, but he is.

tec79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uncanny Avengers

Uncanny X-Force (Remender)

Green Arrow (#17-ongoing) Jeff Lemire

Wonder Women (Azzarello)

Dare Devil (Waid)

Lazarus (Rucka)

Detective Comics (#12-ongoing) Layman

Batman/Superman (Pak)

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

In addition to Valiant (Harbinger and X-O Manowar are my favorites), I would recommend Fury Max. It is a 13 issue series that just ended and was a great story following him and all the wars he was in.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

This; trust me, every Valiant book is amazing.

Daredevilnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Green Arrow starting with issue #17 and Daredevil

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks everyone for the recommendations.

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump