#1 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27712 posts) - - Show Bio

Team books, solos, events anything but no DC and Marvel books.

I repeat recommend me some good cosmic comics but NO DC and Marvel books, thanks.

#2 Posted by Billy Batson (56986 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27712 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson: I'v seen that about but never knew it was a cosmic book, what's it about?

#4 Posted by Billy Batson (56986 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous:

It's a Kirby-esque series by Casey and Scioli. More info about it in the volume page and on wikipedia :p
BB

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27712 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson: cool I shall check it out

#6 Posted by Billy Batson (56986 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Tell me your thoughts when you have.
BB

#7 Posted by MatKrenz (1224 posts) - - Show Bio

Annihilation by Abnett, Lobdell, Giffen, Grillo-Marxuach and Furman.

Not all of the mini-series are amazing ( the Ronan one is the weakest) and it's the start of Abnett and Lanning Nova and Guardians of the Galaxy series thats influencing the production of the movie.

#8 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27712 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

BB

yea will do, anything else?

#9 Posted by Billy Batson (56986 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Billy Batson said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

BB

Prophet?
BB

#10 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27712 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Billy Batson said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

BB

Prophet?
BB

Is that Liefelds thing?

#11 Posted by Billy Batson (56986 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Billy Batson said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Billy Batson said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

BB

Prophet?
BB

Is that Liefelds thing?

They only thing that Liefeld did on the new series was a variant for the first issue. Craham and co. made it into one of the best new series last year.
Funnily enough there's plenty of people who can write great stories with Liefeld's characters except for Liefeld himself.
BB

#12 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27712 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Billy Batson said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Billy Batson said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

BB

Prophet?
BB

Is that Liefelds thing?

They only thing that Liefeld did on the new series was a variant for the first issue. Craham and co. made it into one of the best new series last year.
Funnily enough there's plenty of people who can write great stories with Liefeld's characters except for Liefeld himself.
BB

ha that's anther one on the list then

#13 Posted by JakeN7 (5455 posts) - - Show Bio

@MatKrenz said:

Not all of the mini-series are amazing ( the Ronan one is the weakest) and it's the start of Abnett and Lanning Nova and Guardians of the Galaxy series thats influencing the production of the movie.

He asked for no Marvel. I would of recommended the same thing.

@Jonny_Anonymous: I don't know if you play video games at all, but I'm a huge Mass Effect fanboy (as you can probably tell by my username) and I thought Dark Horse's Mass Effect comics were pretty cool. There are 4 volumes in TPB. However, if you haven't ever played Mass Effect, or read any of the books, or know nothing about the universe, I would steer clear. The comics were really just for fans of the series. If you're interested though, the writer of Mass Effect (Mac Walters from 2 and 3 not Drew Karpyshyn from the first game) also wrote the comics.

BTW: How was Threshold? It looks interesting. Seems kind of like DC's version of Guardians of the Galaxy. Speaking of which, are you planning on reading that starting next month? I don't think I'd be able to stop myself from comparing the two...

#14 Posted by Icarusflies (12248 posts) - - Show Bio

Saga

#15 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27712 posts) - - Show Bio

@JakeN7 said:

@MatKrenz said:

@Jonny_Anonymous: I don't know if you play video games at all, but I'm a huge Mass Effect fanboy (as you can probably tell by my username) and I thought Dark Horse's Mass Effect comics were pretty cool. There are 4 volumes in TPB. However, if you haven't ever played Mass Effect, or read any of the books, or know nothing about the universe, I would steer clear. The comics were really just for fans of the series. If you're interested though, the writer of Mass Effect (Mac Walters from 2 and 3 not Drew Karpyshyn from the first game) also wrote the comics.

BTW: How was Threshold? It looks interesting. Seems kind of like DC's version of Guardians of the Galaxy. Speaking of which, are you planning on reading that starting next month? I don't think I'd be able to stop myself from comparing the two...

Yea the reason I said no Marvel/DC is because I'v already read most of them.

The funny thing about Mass Effect is I actually have all the games yet I'v only played some of the first one, it's not that I don't like it in fact it's pretty awesome it's just that I wan't to play them all in sequence and there all pretty huge games and other games keep getting in the way however I will get back to them soon.

Threshold is pretty good but it's not really like GotG because it's not a team book, it's more like an anthology in that it bounces around different characters doing different stuff. I will check out Guardians of the Galaxy but nothing I'v heard about it looks promising with it being set on earth and Iron Man being on the team.

@Icarusflies: Yea got that covered, amazing stuff

#16 Posted by ReVamp (22860 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies said:

Saga

Echoed.

#17 Posted by JakeN7 (5455 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@JakeN7 said:

@MatKrenz said:

The funny thing about Mass Effect is I actually have all the games yet I'v only played some of the first one, it's not that I don't like it in fact it's pretty awesome it's just that I wan't to play them all in sequence and there all pretty huge games and other games keep getting in the way however I will get back to them soon.

Oh that's terrific! Mass Effect is my favorite video game franchise of all time. In fact, as I write this, a beautifully detailed Garrus Vakarian figure from Square Enix's Play Arts Kai line is guarding my bookshelf. I would definitely encourage you to get back to them when you can. Don't worry if you get frustrated with the first game's clunky gameplay, because the sequels improve upon it massively and the 3rd-person action-RPG combat system of the 2nd and 3rd games can't be beat. One of the draws of the series is the immersion and investment in the universe and characters of the game so playing them back to back is definitely a smart move. Make sure you hold onto your saves so you can import them into the subsequent games, and getting most of the DLC isn't a bad idea either. In any case I would avoid downloading ME3's Extended Cut until you've experienced the original ending (it's not as bad as the internet would have you believe, but it did leave me feeling incredibly empty) so you can see the differences between the two. Now I'm going to take this opportunity to brag a little. I have over 1000 Gamerscore, on Mass Effect 1 and have beaten it approximately 6 different times across 3 different characters. I have all but 1 achievement on Mass Effect 2 which is worth 1280 Gamerscore, and have beaten it 4 different times across 2 different characters. I have all the achievements on Mass Effect 3 which is worth 1300 Gamerscore, and I've beaten it 5 different times across 2 different characters (not to mention all the books, comics, toys, memorabilia, etc. that I have as well) Yeah, I'm a certified super-fanatic. Okay I'm done bragging.

Threshold is pretty good but it's not really like GotG because it's not a team book, it's more like an anthology in that it bounces around different characters doing different stuff. I will check out Guardians of the Galaxy but nothing I'v heard about it looks promising with it being set on earth and Iron Man being on the team.

Cool beans. I might have to check it out. I'm already reading Green Lantern and Green Lantern: New Guardians, so a DC cosmic book that isn't completely a Lantern Corps title would be a nice change of pace (I also love me some Larfleeze.) Yeah, I had heard that about GoTG. It's kinda disappointing but I'm going to give it a fair shot.

#18 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27712 posts) - - Show Bio

@JakeN7 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@JakeN7 said:

@MatKrenz said:

Oh that's terrific! Mass Effect is my favorite video game franchise of all time. In fact, as I write this, a beautifully detailed Garrus Vakarian figure from Square Enix's Play Arts Kai line is guarding my bookshelf. I would definitely encourage you to get back to them when you can. Don't worry if you get frustrated with the first game's clunky gameplay, because the sequels improve upon it massively and the 3rd-person action-RPG combat system of the 2nd and 3rd games can't be beat. One of the draws of the series is the immersion and investment in the universe and characters of the game so playing them back to back is definitely a smart move. Make sure you hold onto your saves so you can import them into the subsequent games, and getting most of the DLC isn't a bad idea either. In any case I would avoid downloading ME3's Extended Cut until you've experienced the original ending (it's not as bad as the internet would have you believe, but it did leave me feeling incredibly empty) so you can see the differences between the two. Now I'm going to take this opportunity to brag a little. I have over 1000 Gamerscore, on Mass Effect 1 and have beaten it approximately 6 different times across 3 different characters. I have all but 1 achievement on Mass Effect 2 which is worth 1280 Gamerscore, and have beaten it 4 different times across 2 different characters. I have all the achievements on Mass Effect 3 which is worth 1300 Gamerscore, and I've beaten it 5 different times across 2 different characters (not to mention all the books, comics, toys, memorabilia, etc. that I have as well) Yeah, I'm a certified super-fanatic. Okay I'm done bragging.

Cool beans. I might have to check it out. I'm already reading Green Lantern and Green Lantern: New Guardians, so a DC cosmic book that isn't completely a Lantern Corps title would be a nice change of pace (I also love me some Larfleeze.) Yeah, I had heard that about GoTG. It's kinda disappointing but I'm going to give it a fair shot.

You'v just put me in the notion to load up my ME 1 save :) For ME 3 I had planned on doing what Brad did over at Giant Bomb, if you spend any time over there you'll know that Brad is a ME superfan as well but he waited till all the DLC was out before he played it so when everybody was freaking out about the ending (amazingly I still have not had that spoiled) he was like "What are you talking about? This is great".

Yea I can't wait to see L.E.G.I.O.N and the Omega Men turn up in Threshold.

#19 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies said:

Saga

This

#20 Posted by JakeN7 (5455 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@JakeN7 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@JakeN7 said:

@MatKrenz said:

You'v just put me in the notion to load up my ME 1 save :) For ME 3 I had planned on doing what Brad did over at Giant Bomb, if you spend any time over there you'll know that Brad is a ME superfan as well but he waited till all the DLC was out before he played it so when everybody was freaking out about the ending (amazingly I still have not had that spoiled) he was like "What are you talking about? This is great".

Yea I can't wait to see L.E.G.I.O.N and the Omega Men turn up in Threshold.

Awesome! I doubt you'll regret it. No, I hadn't heard about that. That's hilarious, Brad sounds like a smart dude (I couldn't help myself from playing it the second it was in my hands, but I didn't mind going back and playing through the DLC. You can do most of it post game anyways because the game creates a save for you right before the last mission.) You're incredibly lucky to not have it spoiled. That reminds me of my friend who watched The Sixth Sense completely oblivious to the ending. It blew my mind!

#21 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27712 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: @guttridgeb: Like I said, I already read that.

@JakeN7: Yea but I have a long way to go before I get to that, I'm only at the Thorian in ME1

#22 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: Sorry, I missed that :)

#23 Posted by ReVamp (22860 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: To be fair, you said it 3 minutes before I posted =/. lol.

I really don't know though. The ME comics got me thinking of Halo Comics? Maybe Warhammer 40k?

I mean there's Invincible, if that counts, but you've already read that.

Does it have to be an American Comic though?

#24 Posted by JakeN7 (5455 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: That's true. But, In ME you usually get to choose what missions you want do. There is no concrete order, therefore, I don't really know how far you are. :)

Is your character Paragon or Rengade? That will definitely affect how the mission plays out in terms of strategy.

#25 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27712 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: That's cool, it's a very good comic :)

@ReVamp: I'v never tried any Halo comics, I enjoy playing the games but the fiction doesn't really grab me for some reason. W40K Is cool but I can't fight there comics anywhere also I don't think it feels very sci fi, it's more like gothic fantasy in space :-\ nope doesn't have to be American.

@JakeN7: Oh duh lol, well I did a couple missions before but this is the first boss type battle I'v had. So far he's a paragon but I haven't decided if I'll stick with that.

#26 Posted by JakeN7 (5455 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@JakeN7: Oh duh lol, well I did a couple missions before but this is the first boss type battle I'v had. So far he's a paragon but I haven't decided if I'll stick with that.

If this is your main character I would stick with Paragon. In ME2 and even more so in 3 it becomes increasingly heartbreaking to be an adamant Renegade. Even though most choices aren't so black and white, your characters journey will be full of preventable tragedies. If you like Wrex at all, I would make sure you pick one way or the other before too long. You also need to have at least 8 points in either the Charm or the Renegade skills. Also make sure and save the mission on Virmire for last so you have more time to accumulate Charm/Intimidate and Paragon/Renegade points. This choice is one of the biggest in the game and will carry over very prominently in the next 2 games. You probably have no idea what I'm talking about at this point but it'll make sense eventually. Good luck!

#27 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27712 posts) - - Show Bio

@JakeN7: ok thanks for the advice :)

#28 Posted by TheAcidSkull (16023 posts) - - Show Bio

hack/slash

The Walking Dead

Indestructible Hulk

Daredevil by mark Waid( ok this one was just to annoy you :P)

Thor : God of Thunder( it's good so far, but won't last probably)

#29 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27712 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull: lol I just wan't cosmic comics duder

#30 Posted by TheAcidSkull (16023 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@TheAcidSkull: lol I just wan't cosmic comics duder

Lol, well thats all i have for now. although i did forget to mention deadpool! really awesome title!

#31 Posted by Onemoreposter (3574 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: Fear Agent by Rick Remender. It's freaking brilliant and just not stop fun. It's 32 issues long, but it's not a cancelled run. It's a completely self contained story and you'll see how things from the beginning come full circle in the end. I'm always surprised how few people have read this. All the important stuff is collected in TPB, but the individual issues aren't hard to find if that's a route you prefer.

#32 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27712 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter said:

@Jonny_Anonymous: Fear Agent by Rick Remender. It's freaking brilliant and just not stop fun. It's 32 issues long, but it's not a cancelled run. It's a completely self contained story and you'll see how things from the beginning come full circle in the end. I'm always surprised how few people have read this. All the important stuff is collected in TPB, but the individual issues aren't hard to find if that's a route you prefer.

whoa now that looks awesome, it's from Dark Horse? I usually only read Conan/Hellboy from them

#33 Posted by Onemoreposter (3574 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

whoa now that looks awesome

It is.

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

it's from Dark Horse?

Sort of. It was originally published by Image for the first 11 issues and then it switched to Dark Horse for the rest of the run. Dark Horse publishes all the trades (Including the ones collecting the issues originally published by Image) as well.

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

I usually only read Conan/Hellboy from them

Dark Horse does have their moments. Frank Miller has done some great work over there including 300 and Sin City. They also have an overwhelming output of Star Wars mags. Off the top of my Star Wars: Legacy was pretty awesome (and cosmic, you might want to check that out). Beyond that they do alot of books based on television and movie properties like Terminator and Buffy. Much to be said for ol' Dark Horse.

#34 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27712 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter: cool, I shall check it out

#35 Posted by GundamHeavyarms (701 posts) - - Show Bio

You might want to try The Hypernaturals by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning. Its a boom title and i've heard good things about it. I'm waiting for the trade to come out before I read it myself but Im sure I like it. The first one comes out in april and the second one in august.

#36 Edited by CampodelViolin (168 posts) - - Show Bio

The Saga of the Metabarons aka Metabarons

http://www.comicvine.com/metabarons/49-19153/

Brilliant comic, but very underrated by the english readers.

The art is beautiful.