#1 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay so I've been on about a six month hiatus from comics and I'm looking for new stuff to read.

I already have my Superhero bases covered for the most part so...

What are you guys reading?

Convince me to get into something new and awesome.

DC/Marvel/Vertigo/DH/Dynamite/IDW/Image/Indie

Anything!

Thanks,

Glitch

#2 Edited by DigbyKong (300 posts) - - Show Bio

Valiant Comics:. X-O Manowar, Shadowman, Archer and Armstrong, Harbinger, Bloodshot.

#3 Posted by Mercy_ (91887 posts) - - Show Bio

SAGA!

I don't need to say anything else, that should be all the convincing it takes.

#4 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:

SAGA!

I don't need to say anything else, that should be all the convincing it takes.

Holy Jesus why are the books so expensive if it just started last year?

#5 Posted by Billy Batson (58372 posts) - - Show Bio

Prophet.

BB

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35164 posts) - - Show Bio

Valiant Comics:. X-O Manowar, Shadowman, Archer and Armstrong, Harbinger, Bloodshot.

#7 Edited by AllStarSuperman (23013 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing.

#8 Posted by Mercy_ (91887 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by ccraft (5609 posts) - - Show Bio

X-O Manowar; Valiant Comics/ type Action/Sci-fi

Shadowman; Valiant Comics/ type horror/mystery

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles; IDW Comics

Hellboy; Dark Horse Comics/ Top 3 on IGN best Indie Books

"Each offers a signature blend of supernatural adventure, humor, and gorgeously moody visuals. Hellboy manages to appeal to readers of all types. Those craving mystery and conspiracy will find plenty."

You might want to look into Dynamite Comics, with characters such as Green Hornet & Kato, The Shadow, The Spider, Black Bat,

Miss Fury, Zorro, and others. If your interested in those characters try the comic Masks it has all this characters in the book. And amazing art by Alex Ross!!

Side Note: Right click on the image/ then click "open link in new tab'' to view the image bigger.

#10 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8743 posts) - - Show Bio

@glitch_spawn:

Well, I don't know what you're already reading, so I'll just throw out a few suggestions. I've really been enjoying the following:

• Batman. A great title that just started on arc re-telling Bats' origin for the New 52. I highly recommend it.
  • Deadpool. It's been it's got a good mix of humor and action, all while Wade is trying to do the right thing and be a hero. It's great.
  • Thor: God of Thunder. Definitely one of the best in Marvel NOW!
  • Aquaman. Geoff Johns' really knocking it out of the park with this title. He turned the butt-end of all Justice League jokes into the hero he's always deserved to be (Last month the title's sales topped both Flash and Wonder Woman).
  • Guardians of the Galaxy. I ended up dropping this because I just couldn't afford it, but it was a blast! I highly recommend this as well.
#11 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:

@glitch_spawn: First trade is ten bucks, second is fifteen.

Ya I didn't realize the trades were out.

#12 Posted by Mercy_ (91887 posts) - - Show Bio

@glitch_spawn: And the fact that the singular issues are so expensive online speaks to their quality and demand ;)

#13 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: Makes sense.

Image seems to always end up with books that are way more popular than they expect.

I once saw a copy of the first issue of WD in my comic shop priced at a thousand dollars..

But, now that I know I can get Saga in trade I will check it out!

#14 Edited by Mercy_ (91887 posts) - - Show Bio

@glitch_spawn: To be fair, the WD comics have become so much more than what they were because of the show. Specific issues that mirror what happened in the show (specifically, death issues) have started going for huge money. Which in turn gave the book a larger readership not just because they were interested due to the show, but because every issue was potentially that now.

Let me knwo what you think of it once you've read it.

#15 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Co-sign Hellboy and Valiant. Check out New Avengers if you haven't.