......Really don't see the critism of ASM2...

• 83 results
Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bsaa

The Garfield/Stone chemistry is amaz-......oh god, that's a triple entendre. While a little rushed, I still feel that this was pretty good, and had a fun and somewhat humorous tone without being a straight up comedy, like, ya know, a certain other Marvel related movie......with a vermin in it. Now, granted, the Rhino at the end is the ultimate coktease, but overall, this felt like what I want to see more of in superhero movies: good action and heavy focus on characters.

Also, why did that German scientist look and act like the love child of Joaquin Phoenix and Tommy Wiseau?

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

ASM2 is my 4th all time favourite CBM - surely, it's flawed, but it blew me away and it's astonishing. Overall - I simply lose myself watching the film and the Blu-Ray is fantastic - with the emotion being the greatest in any Comic Book Movie. To answer your question - it's mostly bias derived from the SM Trilogy - although I don't like to generalise, so there's several camps - people like me who love the film to death, others who hate it for what it is - maybe because of bias, maybe it didn't appeal to them... whatever... it's several reasons but your opinion belongs to you nonetheless.

- TAS

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

idk i just wasnt into it like i was with tobey spiderman although the chemestry between peter and gwen is way better that how peter and mary was in the movies.

iDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By iDude

I thought it was a great movie, definitely one of my favorite superhero films. Like all movies it had flaws, but overall it is very enjoyable IMO.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was a'ight.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@idude said:

I thought it was a great movie, definitely one of my favorite superhero films. Like all movies it had flaws, but overall it is very enjoyable IMO.

Wow... man, glad you enjoyed the film :P Surely flawed, but it's my fourth favourite comic book of all time - there's other stuff that surpasses it - but the brilliant characterisation, pacing, tone and effort put into the film just holds it all together, and although it was campy - the film flowed well and it's a character driven narrative. Anyways - sorry for rambling.

- TAS

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000
No Caption Provided

Because lets face it this always end in the exact same way.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was really looking forward to that movie and when I finally saw it last week I was pretty disappointed. Felt like there was something missing, I cant quite put my finger on it but I was definitely underwhelmed.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I liked it too, a very enjoyable movie

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bsaa
w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bsaa said:

The Garfield/Stone chemistry is amaz-......oh god, that's a triple entendre. While a little rushed, I still feel that this was pretty good, and had a fun and somewhat humorous tone without being a straight up comedy, like, ya know, a certain other Marvel related movie......with a vermin in it. Now, granted, the Rhino at the end is the ultimate coktease, but overall, this felt like what I want to see more of in superhero movies: good action and heavy focus on characters.

Also, why did that German scientist look and act like the love child of Joaquin Phoenix and Tommy Wiseau?

are you asking for reasons why? My intention isn't to come in here and bash the movie, but you may be legitimately asking why people may have thought it could have been better or disliked it. That german scientist was Dr kafka, and up until this movie she was a girl

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoyed it.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Electro was super lame, and now that you mention that horrible Dr. Kafka, well that sucked too. Harry was good, the whole obsession with Peter's parents makes no sense.

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mideonnviscera: well he first off realizes that oscorp is behind it, secondly, with uncle ben dead, he has no father figure at all, and now seeks answers about the father that was mysteriously taken from him at an even younger age

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bsaa said:

@deathpoolthet1000: no, this is asm2, not mos

Pay more attention to this forum, this threads always ends bad.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

I thought it was a'ight.

opticblast98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My Favorite Spider-Film, their are just too many haters

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I wasn't a huge fan of the movie. Gwen was definitely the highlight for me. My main problem was Electro. I don't even know how many times they referenced the fact that he was 'invisible' before being changed by eels. We get the fact that he is an unloved loser, but they didn't need to devote so many early scenes showing that fact. Then he took the extremely predicable turn into hating the people who didn't love him. I wish that they had just omitted him from the film all together and focused on the relationship between Peter and Harry with the Rhino being the villain until the big show down with the Goblin. The Goblin portion seemed rushed too and could have been fleshed out more. There just wasn't any time with all the time focused on Max being a loser and all the 'mostly unnecessary' scenes about Peter's parents.

The action and effects were mostly very well done. I was very disappointed with the lack of Rhino in the film. Hoping to see the rest of the fight that we saw in the previews was one of the things I was most excited about when I went to see the movie and was very disappointed that there wasn't anything else in the movie other than the part shown in the preview.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Goblin and Electro looked terrible, the rushed writing, and the fact that Gwen`s death is not really Spidey`s fault, and the ending. Other than that, probably a 7/10 honestly. It lowered down to a tie with Spider-man 3 (both movies are good though imo)

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20 the_stegman  Moderator

Best Spidey movie yet imo.

Avatar image for guardiansofthegalaxymarvelfan
GuardiansoftheGalaxymarvelfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This movie while not the best movie out there for me, is definitely one of my favs. There was a lot to like about this movie.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I loved it.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked it not as good as guardians of the galaxy,avengers,cap 2 or iron man but I liked it more than anything else including the batman series.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Oh god, you again.

Vermin is already singular, you don't need to preface it with 'a'.

DarthVxder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel that if they had harry realize peter was spiderman a little sooner and then the goblin kidnap her and knock her out it would have been better. Peter would of never said goodbye and once he failed to save her he would feel it was his fault for not taking her with him or that he cant do everything with his powers,

Deathstroke02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laidblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By laidblack

@jaken7 said:

I thought it was a'ight.

It was the perfect example of an "okay" film.

laidblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By laidblack

@squares said:

Oh god, you again.

Vermin is already singular, you don't need to preface it with 'a'.

Heil Webster!

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicdude360: this was FAAAR more enjoyable than Guardians, which was SOOOOO jokey

pinecone1510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love when people have problems with Electro because in reality he is the best Electro you could hope for in a visual medium(powers wise) especially given that Electro has never been a top-tier villain brain wise.

Also the balls it took to have that twist makes it one of the best. You can say you expected it because of the comics but at the end of the day the movie is a big budget tentpole movie that is gonna be seen by the masses especially children. So not only do they have to face the loss of somebody they love(could be the first real form of lost these children will experience) but the movie smartly deals with that by having a good 4 minutes of silence and a pretty good angle to do the hole spider-man no more story.

The movie does have major flaws like overabundance of characters in which a lot of them get the shaft(Felicia Hardy,Harry Osborn when compared to the original trilogy). Rhyno didn't bother me as much since i don't watch trailers(which helped in making this movie one of my favorites since apparently the trailer spoiled the hole thing) and really when has Rhyno ever been more than a goon or a comically weak villain.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bsaa: no it wasn't guardians was great.

Batman-Hush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bsaa: I think you have it mixed up with Iron Man 3. Guardians of the Galaxy was meant to be lighthearted. That's why the dynamics worked.

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman-hush: Than it shouldn't have tried to rely on emotional scenes too

I was dragged to see the piece of crap, had to see it over Planet of the Apes, paid for freakin 3d prices, and it caused a temporary rift between me and my friend. Do you really think that I'm gonna have fond memories of this abomination?

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ASM2 IS AN EXCELLENT MOVIE, DEFINITELY THE BEST SPIDEY FILM.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually surprised people enjoyed it at all. Honestly I don't think I can think of one thing I liked about it, and I thought it would be a decent movie.

I think it's going to be another Man of Steel, a movie people like at first.... then they can't stand it.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ASM2 IS AN EXCELLENT MOVIE, DEFINITELY THE BEST SPIDEY FILM.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. Well - I think ASM1 is the best Spidey film but ASM2 is certainly my fourth favourite CBM.

- TAS

I'm actually surprised people enjoyed it at all. Honestly I don't think I can think of one thing I liked about it, and I thought it would be a decent movie.

I think it's going to be another Man of Steel, a movie people like at first.... then they can't stand it.

Woah, Woah... I think you're exaggerating. I'm respectful of your opinion, your opinion is yours to have and I'm not insult that... but there isn't ONE thing you liked about the film? Are you kidding? That's impossible - heck, I hate Ghost Rider and there's stuff to like in that. I think you're over played your hate on the film. You didn't even like a SINGLE actor? You didn't like it's comic book tone? You didn't like a single line of dialogue? Didn't like the pacing? Didn't like the chemistry?

- TAS

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#37  Edited By MatthewParker

@opticblast98 said:

My Favorite Spider-Film, there are

just too many haters

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 707

Definitely don't love the film, wouldn't say it was shit, I was just expecting better when I was watching. Thought it had good effects, decent action but IMO was a average 6/10

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Misterwizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40  Edited By Misterwizz

I liked it. Thought that Peter and Gwen had great chemistry (I'll admit the ending did get to me, but I expected it). Peter's character arc was well done. I thought Electro was alright, and I thought that Harry as The Green Goblin was done well, even if Norman Osbourne was wasted (thankfully he'll appear in the sequels).

I do agree though, that the film was a little overcrowded. Sony was obliviously trying to push all those characters in there so they promote the proposed Sinister Six movie that their trying to make. Also the film was CGI overkill, something that I'm not a fan of.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked it. Thought that Peter and Gwen had great chemistry (I'll admit the ending did get to me, but I expected it). Peter's character arc was well done. I thought Electro was alright, and I thought that Harry as The Green Goblin was done well, even if Norman Osbourne was wasted (thankfully he'll appear in the sequels).

I do agree though, that the film was a little overcrowded. Sony was obliviously trying to push all those characters in there so they promote the proposed Sinister Six movie that their trying to make. Also the film was CGI overkill, something that I'm not a fan of.

Webb confirmed Norman's return...

- TAS

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for technobacon2014
TechnoBacon2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here are my 10 problems with the Movie:

1.8 Different plots shoved into the same movie so nothing has time to play out

2.Electro's plot was stupid (even if it had time to play out, I feel like it would've been the same)

3.Andrew Garfield is Spider-Man NOT Peter Parker.

4.Gwen Stacy's death scene wasn't done right AT ALL

5.Rhino

6.It wasn't focusing on how to make this movie good, instead on how to jump into The Sinister Six

7.SO MUCH CGI I get that you have to have CGI for a character like Spider-Man, but it started to look like a Video game.

8. ..What the hell was Harry, his arc was one of the worse ones, Imo.

9.That whole Richard Parker Oscorp conspiracy thing? THAT BELONGED IN THE FIRST MOVIE!

10. ..Uncle Ben's killer? .-. (Did that get resolved in the first movie? Did I miss a Scene?)

Avatar image for technobacon2014
TechnoBacon2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: He said "(thankfully he'll appear in the sequels)." in his post ._.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2.Electro's plot was stupid (even if it had time to play out, I feel like it would've been the same)

5.Rhino

6.It wasn't focusing on how to make this movie good, instead on how to jump into The Sinister Six

7.SO MUCH CGI I get that you have to have CGI for a character like Spider-Man, but it started to look like a Video game.

9.That whole Richard Parker Oscorp conspiracy thing? THAT BELONGED IN THE FIRST MOVIE!

10. ..Uncle Ben's killer? .-. (Did that get resolved in the first movie? Did I miss a Scene?)

1. Agreed
  2. Nope - not stupid - not every single villain is a MASTERPLANNER - some of them are doofus's with abilities.
  3. Andrew Garfield is perfect for Spider-Man AND Peter
  4. Yes - it is, one of the most emotional CBM scenes.
  5. Not every villain has to tie into the plot - Spidey fights street levellers.
  6. Not really - Goblin was there to kill Gwen, Electro for the set pieces to exist and Rhino to inject some Comic Book fun - no setting up.
  7. Are you kidding? Look at reviews, read them, please - A LOT of users on this site and reviewers - professional reviewers - praise the stunning effects.
  8. Nope - it's the central focus. Not simply a side arc.
  9. Agreed.
  10. Would have made this more cluttered...

- TAS

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Penderor
No Caption Provided

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's some videos from someone who breaks down the film. It's close to how I would break it down.

Loading Video...

and here is his response video when some people got mad at him for talking too long (not sure why they got made though)

Loading Video...

He's a bit harsher then me, but I still feel the same way.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: Your disagreeing with someones opinions and your not taking into account not everything translates well to films.

The fight scenes where good but that was it, the majority of the movie was incredibly boring.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@technobacon2014 said:

5.Rhino

Great list, especially the CGI one, it felt more like a cut scene from a game at times then a movie. I also do not see Andrew Garfield as Peter, he can do Spidey, but that was not Peter Parker. Lastly I hated how Qwen's death was handled, I was looking forward to it being this huge moment, and they ruined it.