Reality Warping vs powers that allow you to warp reality

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Reality Warping is always considered the greatest power to have, but what about powers that grant you the ability to warp reality just as well? Powerful Psionics should be capable of Psycho-warping, which is a powerful form of reality warping that literally uses a mental connection to manipulate the very fabrics of reality to your will, just usually in a more dark , dynamic, and twisted way lol. Magic users can also warp reality via well, Magic.

So why is Marvel or DC so shy on allowing more Psionics or Magic beings to rival pure Reality Warpers in power? Nate Grey was like the only Psionic who could reality warp as far as I know but even he is not on par with Franklin Richards, who has Psionic and warping powers.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omnipotence is definitely a greater power than reality warping. Anyone who can change reality is a reality warper; it matters not how they achieve the trick.

Avatar image for hillbillymorangie
HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why isn't Franklin Richards in more stories? Maybe he is... Maybe he is why so few people die? Or maybe mega over powered people are no fun?

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rijehu

@johnnyz256: I consider Omnipotence as a state of being, not a power. But what I am saying is, there are hardly any Psionic user who are respected or as powerful as Reality warpers because that isn't there initial ability. I just think an unlimited Psionic individual could also achieve abstract level power or warping such as Franklin Richards can.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hillbillymorangie: I'm not sure. I like Franklin Richards but I still want to know why Psionics are slept on when it comes to warping.

BWANASIMBA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the Justice League Animated Series episodes had a villain who warped reality via psionic powers. I think there is quite a few magic users who warp reality via their spells (or they might as well be reality warpers given the nature of their magic). Actually, the whole 5th dimension from DC has been at times explained as beings who warp reality via magic, and other times as a "pseudo science" similar to magic. Can't think of many characters with psychic reality warping though.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why isn't Franklin Richards in more stories? Maybe he is... Maybe he is why so few people die? Or maybe mega over powered people are no fun?

That's probably why.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bwanasimba:

One of the Justice League Animated Series episodes had a villain who warped reality via psionic powers. I think there is quite a few magic users who warp reality via their spells (or they might as well be reality warpers given the nature of their magic). Actually, the whole 5th dimension from DC has been at times explained as beings who warp reality via magic, and other times as a "pseudo science" similar to magic. Can't think of many characters with psychic reality warping though.

Nate Grey, who I think is an awesome character, was the most powerful Psionic on Earth as as Shaman Nate, whose power output rivaled that of Green Phoenix. He surpassed Xavier and Jean with his TP and TK. He was so powerful with his Psionics, that he could exist as an being of pure psionic energy and he even traveled outside of the Timeline at one point. He also has over 300 ways of seeing the future any given time and he is the only Psionic I have known to be able to bend the fabrics of space and time allowing to warp reality. The guy could travel through dimensions and walk over time lines by bending the realties around him. He gets not credit for that though because he is not a PURE reality warper.

Avatar image for khan_noonien_singh
Khan_Noonien_Singh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu: Jean Grey can warp reality.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rijehu

@khan_noonien_singh: Yes but I believe that is only with the help of a Cosmic Force known as the Phoenix. I'm talking about individuals that can warp reality via their own power or will.

Khan_Noonien_Singh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu said:

@khan_noonien_singh: Yes but I believe that is only with the help of a Cosmic Force known as the Phoenix. I'm talking about individuals that can warp reality via their own power or will.

The Phoenix Force is pure psionic energy. Jean is the Phoenix Force and thus, is pure psionic energy. She warps reality through this psionic power.

Legion also warps reality via psionic power.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu said:

The Phoenix Force is pure psionic energy. Jean is the Phoenix Force and thus, is pure psionic energy. She warps reality through this psionic power.

Legion also warps reality via psionic power.

Then why are they never getting credit for being as powerful as people who can purely warp reality?

Khan_Noonien_Singh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu said:

Then why are they never getting credit for being as powerful as people who can purely warp reality?

Not sure what you mean. Both Legion and Jean are generally stated to be among the most powerful beings on Earth... sometimes beyond that.

BWANASIMBA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BWANASIMBA

@rijehu said:

@bwanasimba:

@bwanasimba said:

Nate Grey, who I think is an awesome character, was the most powerful Psionic on Earth as as Shaman Nate, whose power output rivaled that of Green Phoenix. He surpassed Xavier and Jean with his TP and TK. He was so powerful with his Psionics, that he could exist as an being of pure psionic energy and he even traveled outside of the Timeline at one point. He also has over 300 ways of seeing the future any given time and he is the only Psionic I have known to be able to bend the fabrics of space and time allowing to warp reality. The guy could travel through dimensions and walk over time lines by bending the realties around him. He gets not credit for that though because he is not a PURE reality warper.

Also, there was Ace from the Justice league Animated Series as well.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rijehu

@rijehu said:

Not sure what you mean. Both Legion and Jean are generally stated to be among the most powerful beings on Earth... sometimes beyond that.

I mean they are considered powerful for their power output as a whole, but why isn't Jean considered a powerful reality warper as Franklin. Or Nate?

Khan_Noonien_Singh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu said:

@khan_noonien_singh said:

@rijehu said:

I mean they are considered powerful for their power output as a whole, but why isn't Jean considered a powerful reality warper as Franklin. Or Nate?

I don't know about as powerful as Franklin (because he is more powerful than Galactus and Jean has only shown to be more powerful as the White Phoenix, her true form) but Jean is absolutely more powerful than Nate... especially if we go by feats. He was her match when she was her weakest Phoenix form, a power level in which she was exhausted after fighting Magneto.

And since his return, at least up until I stopped reading him about a year ago, he was pathetically underpowered.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu said:

@khan_noonien_singh said:

@rijehu said:

I don't know about as powerful as Franklin (because he is more powerful than Galactus and Jean has only shown to be more powerful as the White Phoenix, her true form) but Jean is absolutely more powerful than Nate... especially if we go by feats. He was her match when she was her weakest Phoenix form, a power level in which she was exhausted after fighting Magneto.

And since his return, at least up until I stopped reading him about a year ago, he was pathetically underpowered.

Lol I need to reword my statements. I was asking why Nate and Jean couldn't be considered top tier reality warpers as Franklin is lol, But I understand your point.

Khan_Noonien_Singh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu: Probably because that isn't their power set so much as an ability they can do because of their power set.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Rijehu

@khan_noonien_singh: That makes sense. From what I have read Psycho-Warping is far more devastating than pure Reality Warping.

Khan_Noonien_Singh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu said:

@khan_noonien_singh: That makes sense. From what I have read Psycho-Warping is far more devastating than pure Reality Warping.

I can't really comment on that but I trust that it is possible, since as psychics, they have a greater range of senses than someone without psychic ability.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess it would all depend on the will of the user in any case.