#1 Edited by weaponmaster (1412 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

The video and the hearing proved otherwise, apparently. Also he unmasked and said he'd keep fighting crime after.

The hilarious part is that he broke rule one. YOU DON'T F**KING UNMASK. ESPECIALLY AT A PRESS CONFERENCE. Did this fool not read Civil War?

#3 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:

The video and the hearing proved otherwise, apparently. Also he unmasked and said he'd keep fighting crime after.

The hilarious part is that he broke rule one. YOU DON'T F**KING UNMASK. ESPECIALLY AT A PRESS CONFERENCE. Did this fool not read Civil War?

He can always OMD it.
#4 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

He can always OMD it.

The funny part is that if this was a comic book plot, it'd undoubtedly be a frame up by a real life supervillain, all a giant conspiracy to make him unmask.

#5 Posted by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

I was going to say we need more people like him, but...you can't have heroes without villains, right? I hope some crazed violent nutjob doesn't decide to don a costume and slice him up or something .___.

On a more positive note, his hair is amazing.

#6 Edited by weaponmaster (1412 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

The video and the hearing proved what otherwise?

Also upon further thought, I think he realized that his name was going to be on the public record anyway because of the court case and that he had to unmask in court anyway and it was only a matter of time before the media showed his secret identity so he chose to unmask publicly on his own terms, which, in my mind, was a smart move

The strange thing is that most of the non-comic reading community support him while he recieves a lot of hate from comic book readers. Weird.

He likely watched Iron Man. Who announced he was Iron Man at a press conference.

#7 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@weaponmaster said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

My guess is that he unmasked because he is about to parlay his notoriety into opportunities, which makes him quite enterprising, and not at all a fool. He seemed quite intelligent in The Fox segment. Plus he has a really hot wife.

The strange thing is that most of the non-comic reading community support him while he recieves a lot of hate from comic book readers. Weird.

He likely watched Iron Man. Who announced he was Iron Man at a press conference.

That he wasn't guilty, from what I heard. Could be totally wrong.

Very weird.

Haha. :P

#8 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol only in America

#9 Edited by weaponmaster (1412 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@weaponmaster said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

My guess is that he unmasked because he is about to parlay his notoriety into opportunities, which makes him quite enterprising, and not at all a fool. He seemed quite intelligent in The Fox segment. Plus he has a really hot wife.

Very weird.

Oh. You didn't premise your statement so I had no idea of the context. And from what I gather the prosecution chose not to prosecute. He never should have been arrested or made to post a $3,800 bond or spend 7 hours in jail in the first place in my opinion.

It is indeed weird that many comic book readers insult him and muc of the general non-comic-reading public support him. I have my theories as to why thi is.

Also upon further thought, I think he realized that his name was going to be on the public record anyway because of the court case and that he had to unmask in court anyway and it was only a matter of time before the media showed his secret identity so he chose to unmask publicly on his own terms, which, in my mind, was a smart move.

#10 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@weaponmaster said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

uh no. I've been following Phoenix Jones for a bit, he doesn't seem like he's that kind of guy.  He was just trying to inspire and help people.
#11 Edited by weaponmaster (1412 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

@weaponmaster said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

uh no. I've been following Phoenix Jones for a bit, he doesn't seem like he's that kind of guy. He was just trying to inspire and help people.

Yes. I agree. I have been following him for a couple of years as well. the "uh no' was not necessary I posted this subsequently:

@weaponmaster said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@weaponmaster said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Very weird.

Oh. You didn't premise your statement so I had no idea of the context. And from what I gather the prosecution chose not to prosecute. He never should have been arrested or made to post a $3,800 bond or spend 7 hours in jail in the first place in my opinion.

It is indeed weird that many comic book readers insult him and muc of the general non-comic-reading public support him. I have my theories as to why thi is.

Also upon further thought, I think he realized that his name was going to be on the public record anyway because of the court case and that he had to unmask in court anyway and it was only a matter of time before the media showed his secret identity so he chose to unmask publicly on his own terms, which, in my mind, was a smart move.

#12 Posted by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, those guys are jokes...

#13 Posted by Illuminatus (9504 posts) - - Show Bio

He handled that interview rather well, seeing as the anchor was playfully mocking him..

#14 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

he unmasked? Is there a video of it?

#15 Posted by RisingBean (3886 posts) - - Show Bio

This guy is awesome. Nuff said.

#16 Posted by Joey809 (253 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope someone shoots him dead

jk

he has children..

#17 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Wish I lived there. I'd be a real life super villain for them :)

#18 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Phoenix Jones is a terrible superhero name!

#19 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

There's no mystique to Phoenix Jone's superhero identity.He willingly showed the news anchor his secret base and Now his secret identity.I don't consider comic books a reality just yet. Until physically peak humans start successfully fighting crime and people get superpowers by genetic engineering then I'll happy to say that we live in a superhero universe filled with mutants and giant robots.

#20 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP

#21 Posted by SyIar (405 posts) - - Show Bio

Challenge Accepted.

@Adnan said:

I was going to say we need more people like him, but...you can't have heroes without villains, right? I hope some crazed violent nutjob doesn't decide to don a costume and slice him up or something .___.

#22 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

@SyIar: You @SyIar said:

Challenge Accepted.

@Adnan said:

You forgot the picture: