Real-Life Research Being Conducted into Superpowers?

• 100 results
RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By RealityWarper
jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By jeepeh

@jmarshmallow said:

@jeepeh: Wait....

Did Obama actually kick a door down during a press conference...

Jmarshmallow

I was hoping it was real. XD

Loading Video...
Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh: Dang.

I was just about to make Obama my favorite President lol.

Jmarshmallow

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Terms and Conditions and also, Privacy links take you to Tumblr's. So, this is a Yahoo initiative with Tumblr pushing it. Very insidious. Here I thought I was finally getting my chance at being the first real Mistress of Villainy. Oh well, back to being just a bitch.

(also, Sponsor: Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment LLC.)

I am disappoint, CV.

JoshuaDBr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: Ya right, kill the X-Men because they're evil! Wait, that's not right! When they do come around, we need to be kind!

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The Men Who Stare at Goats

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@joshuadbr: What do the X-Men have to do with us discriminating against people born with extraordinary powers?

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Woulnd't it be easier for the govenement to make an Iron Man type of suit?

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By IrishX

No reason they can't do that at the same time... but in the long run what is a man in a suit compared to someone who can move things with their mind or control others minds with their own?

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx said:

@humanrocket said:

No reason they can't do that at the same time... but in the long run what is a man in a suit compared to someone who can move things with their mind or control others minds with their own?

I said EASIER, not more effected.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx said:

@humanrocket said:

I said EASIER, not more effected.

Yeah... I caught it the first time. That sure would sound funny "Woulnd't it be effected for the govenement." Even more than the first time I read it.

Considering the financial resources it would take to create the Iron Man suit compared to studying and helping those with possible psychic or great physical abilities it might not be necessarily easier.

BigL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I think this is a marketing campaign for something or a scam

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously Senator Kelly is behind this....

DONT GO TO THIS WEBSITE

The mutant registration act is upon us!

REMEMBER, God Loves, Man Kills

;)

_Marc_74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nazis beat em to it 60years ago

DraciosV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By DraciosV

Is this sight legitimate? I dunno. Are the government making superhumans? Yes.

Ever heard of D.A.R.P.A? They're working on a super soldier program. This is kinda the wacky mad scientist wing. They have invented and made a lot of useful things. Some practical. Some not so practical. One minute they're trying to make robot animals to tread through vietnam, the next D.A.R.P.A is inventing the internet. Yes you heard me right. This organization according to many sources you can google right now. Invented the internet, so the government, especially the pentagon has a lot trust and a lot of funding in them.

Onto the super soldiers? When are we going to see someone shoot laser beams from their eyes? Well, not in your lifetime most likely. You need to be thinking less X-Men and more Captain America. Only with some extra freaky s***.

Here is how they plan on possibly doing. Gene engineering. They'll use some retrovirus implanted with desirable DNA to alter your DNA. Not perfected now, because well, when your cells reproduce, they still produce the old DNA, your body's ordinary DNA. And so when that cell with altered DNA disappears, the DNA it carried disappears too. This also tends to sometimes cause cancer. But gene engineering can and will improve. The above flaw does not apply to humans when in the fecal staged of development.

Onto the enhancements. Already a lot of things are said to be possible. What they wish to do is turn our humans soldiers into Captain America Terminator killing machines. Some of these enhancements mirror this. The future soldier is predicted to be able to run at 40-45 Miles per hour. I'm not kidding. 2 miles per hour short of captain America. Able to run a mile in 1 minute and 70 seconds just like he can. And they will be able to hold this pace for hours. They plan for soldiers to take drugs that render them incapable of feeling fear and making them able to function at peak capacity for up to 5 days on end.

They'll mostly use animal abilities. They'll do this by changing the quality of our muscles and nerves to match that of cheetahs/gorillas. Allowing us to exert ourselves more. Run faster and be stronger. Able to bench press captain america weights or even more. Some people even think that the right adjustments we will probably have gorilla like strength and be able to tear people arms out like this is mortal combat and bench 2 tons. To fuel ourselves better then any natural animal, our metabolic efficiency will be drastically increased through essentially bioengineering. We will have lower wolverine/deadpool deadpool healing factors, able to regenerate limbs like lizards in a rather short period of time. Pain will be diminished. Will be feel pain but not agony after it. Soldiers will be able to eat grass like cows to fuel themselves. Increased reflexes by increasing conductivity of the nervous system and various cognitive drugs to increase intelligence and creativity. A lot of animal abilities are within our grasp.

Not every animal ability you see is possible. Bugs have radiation resistance more because of their size. Human are not going to fly because our shape is crappy for flying and we would need a ridiculous wingspan, to big for us to move enough for us to fly. Square cube law would mean if we tried to make somebody fifty feet tall or something ridiculous like that, they would not bee able move. Physics will stand in our way.

But yeah. We'll have super soldiers and superhumans. Won't be like the comics though. Because it won't be random. It will be made an engineered. There will discrimination because in many aspects they will be superior to us "normal" people. And the people who have it that aren't some elite special ops soldiers are going to be filthy f***ing rich. There will be a bigger gap between the rich and the poor. Their superior abilities will make them better suited for several jobs. D.A.R.P.A will consider it a success when they Olympics ban everything they do.

If you volunteer for this and actually manage to get it, I am 90% sure they will own you. There will be no leaving. And they won't make some giant plastic robot to fight and contain these people. Their just going to put a micro bomb in your head and if you don't do what they say, they send a signal with a passcode of some sort probably and boom. Your dead. Government doesn't have to play fair and give you any type of chance to escape.

People probably think I'm some sort of conspiracist nut or some secret agent trying to warn everyone because they think I'm in with the government or something. I'm not. How did I find out about this then? Hacked secret files? Interrogated somebody?

Nope. Google. There are a bunch of articles like this

and this

this as well

oh yeah, this

not done yet

there is still more

I'm going for at least 10 articles

oh hey look, disease resistance

just one more....

here we are

Ten articles, many of the websites being reputable.

Goto google. Right now. Type in "DARPA S" Super soldier is the 4th thing to come up.

Not to mention the immortality that is planned in 2045

For the richest of course

Here is a wikipedia article about them trying to make people immortal by basically trying to download the information of our brain into an artificial one.

More then likely however, we're likely to see Iron man for most of our soldiers who dont want to be owned by the man. Think Elysium, Edge of Tomorrow or Call of Duty Advanced Warfare

No Caption Provided

It's not that they don't want this public. People just don't know. Comic book peak human seems rather close. About 2 decades.

If we live for 500 years, we will likely be leaps and bounds above Halo in many if not all areas. Especially in warfare.

Question they wanna know is will you accept it? Google it for yourself and make your own decision.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@draciosv: Mehh, If they are so intellegent they will find a way to take off the microbombs.

mightypug78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maybe its a promo for an unannounced movie or tv show....

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BAH GAWD!!!!!!!! We are gonna be X-MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who want's to join my X-Force?

I'll make my own X-force. With Black Jack and hookers!

TheDalek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The mind truly boggles.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they're giving out super-powers, I'll have a healing factor with a side of unbreakable bones & super-speed, thank you. On second thought, I'd hate for them to screw me up like Wade Wilson. I'm screwy enough without that. :P

Paste_Pot_Pete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's definitely fake, but I noticed when you submit your story you have to agree to the Fox private policy. So promotional for a new X-men movie? I think so.

Avatar image for uncanny_xfactor
Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#75  Edited By Uncanny_XFactor

I'm skeptical, but the pic of that hydrokinetic? Damn, if this was a team of real-world X-Men, I just got WAY more reason to live. What would be my power? I'd love super-speed, teleportation, empathy, TK, or technopathy. Unfortunately, I possess no such "gifts". Also note the "homo sapiens superior", the exact name for mutants in X-Men lore. Hope this gets more press.

Avatar image for blueninjapanther
blueninjapanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, there is a television series that looks for people who believe they have superhuman abilities and test that by using science and research. The shows is called Stan Lee's Superhuman.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Cave_Duck

@draciosv said:

Here is how they plan on possibly doing. Gene engineering. They'll use some retrovirus implanted with desirable DNA to alter your DNA. Not perfected now, because well, when your cells reproduce, they still produce the old DNA, your body's ordinary DNA. And so when that cell with altered DNA disappears, the DNA it carried disappears too. This also tends to sometimes cause cancer. But gene engineering can and will improve. The above flaw does not apply to humans when in the fecal staged of development.

I'm sorry, but out of all your stuff, this spelling mistake just made my day!

kantrip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

So looking into the sweepstakes that they have listed, it appears the site or at least the contest is related to 20th Century Fox. Also the trademark on the bottom of the site says Tandem Initiative 2014, but there are winners for 2012 and 2013. The sweepstakes just started on 09/14/2014 so I'm wondering if this is some early viral marketing for an unannounced X-Men thing?

Avatar image for bentheevilclown
bentheevilclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spitfirepanda: your bones are actually able to support much more than your muscles in most cases. It's the connective tissue that is at risk when too much strain is applied. It's actually an interesting phenomenon when you strain a muscle because both your muscle and bone are totally capable of carrying a massive load but when you lift too much your muscle usually tears close to he connective tissue. All three (muscle, bone, and connective tissue) are very strong so your body kind of compromises where to give and it's usually right around where your muscle starts to become connective tissue. Another interesting fact is that strength is more determined by your neurological system than your muscles. If you condition your nervous system to recruit more muscle in a movement you grow much stronger without gaining much muscle. This is why gymnasts are so incredibly strong but they don't look like bodybuilders or power lifters.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well there are people out there that can do things other Humans can't,but I wouldn't necessarily call it a "Super power"

DraciosV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cave_duck: laughed my a** off when I saw that mistake XD

@black_arrow: Take them off? You seem to imply they would be able to. Not going to be very easy when the bomb is in your brain into the procedure or even injected.

Think about it. The more drastic alterations you take, the more they can control you. Install fail safes. Much about with your brain and body. If they can make a body like that, they can easily destroy it. You could easily forget about living with the general populace. I could very well see you living among the general populace.

Accepting alterations can mean you become property. They dont want investments acting out of line.

DoctorOdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whenever I see a helix logo along with abilities I think of Heroes. Isn't it running a mini series in 2015?

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Black_Arrow

@draciosv: Well then they aren´t more intelligent or creative if they can´t find a solution to taking off the bombs. They can find places were the signal of the bomb isn´t enable to reach the DARPA and then the super humans will work together to take off their bombs.

StarWatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By StarWatcher

Next they're going to start making comics about standing in line at the DMV.

That could actually be a recipe for hilarious sitcom jokes.

IAmNotGroot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I AM NOT GROOT!

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

@amazingwebhead said:

Next they're going to start making comics about standing in line at the DMV.

That could actually be a recipe for hilarious sitcom jokes.

...True

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

That website is part of a government conspiracy to root out and control those with gifts that already walk among us.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Jmarshmallow

Can you imagine people from other countries who don't speak English seeing that video and thinking it's real?

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Lol just add it to the list of why other countries hate America...

Jmarshmallow

DraciosV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@draciosv: Well then they aren´t more intelligent or creative if they can´t find a solution to taking off the bombs. They can find places were the signal of the bomb isn´t enable to reach the DARPA and then the super humans will work together to take off their bombs.

Then the government sees them violating their contract and instantly kills or disables them.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

if it was real, we wouldnt be talking about it here. Definitely a movie, or a series. I sense someone from comicvine is involved in it. :D (and yet im excited)

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@draciosv said:

@black_arrow said:

Then the government sees them violating their contract and instantly kills or disables them.

My tinfoil hat protects me from the kill-signal on my implants, the downside is that I have to wear it even when I shower.

DraciosV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@draciosv said:

@black_arrow said:

My tinfoil hat protects me from the kill-signal on my implants, the downside is that I have to wear it even when I shower.

Nurp Won't protect you from every frequency of radiation.

And they can also simply not give you a tin foil hat. As soon as you try to run away they can kill.

And, well. They can put a timer on it. If it doesn't recieve the signal for say. Maybe an hour. Boom.

They can also watch you while you shower.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@draciosv said:

@cave_duck said:

@draciosv said:

@black_arrow said:

And they can also simply not give you a tin foil hat. As soon as you try to run away they can kill.

And, well. They can put a timer on it. If it doesn't recieve the signal for say. Maybe an hour. Boom.

Nope, its fine- I wrapped the tinfoil around my head twice! Double the frequency muffling!

Also I shower with my clothes on anyway, in case of spy drones in my laundry hamper!

DraciosV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@draciosv said:

@cave_duck said:

@draciosv said:

@black_arrow said:

Nope, its fine- I wrapped the tinfoil around my head twice! Double the frequency muffling!

Also I shower with my clothes on anyway, in case of spy drones in my laundry hamper!

But then....they can just put mini cameras....in all your clothes....

Or something....

The government is the batman of the real world. They have plans for a girl scout take over. Nowhere is safe. Not even the toilet.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@draciosv:

We'd all like to think that, but then we realize just how incompetent they are and just how far that makes carrying out such a conspiracy out of their reach.

The Illuminati on the other hand...and don't get me started on the lizard people from venus!

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By jeepeh

@dernman said:

@jmarshmallow said:

Jmarshmallow

Can you imagine people from other countries who don't speak English seeing that video and thinking it's real?

I'd laugh, personally. :P