#1 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

If the Celestials or some such fictional force travelled the "bleed",(authority) to our universe and offered to bestow powers on our champions ie celebrities. Which one would you pick? What would be their power and new hero identity?

If you make a corny one to poke fun at someone who is in the tabloids or whatever at least make it creative and funny to other people than yourself. And i know you don't know if it's funny to anyone else before they read it, so why risk it just make a cool one instead.

#2 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

oh yeah... this sounds good :)

worst case scenario, one of the guardians comes through the bleed and gives Jim Carrey a Green Lantern ring...

can you imagine what this guy would do with a GL ring?

shudders

M

#3 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Whose that pic of?

#4 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim Carrey

actor, the Mask, Bruce Allmighty, Ace Ventura, Liar Liar, Ridler (Horrific batman movie)

M

#5 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

I know Jim Carrey:Living Color, Earth Girls are Easy,Once Bitten,etc. But that pic ain't Jim Carrey

#6 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

guy with a big cigar?

just checking i've linked right lol

M

#7 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

I would chose Andre' 3000 of Outcast.

He would be bestowed with the ability of the alien tongue. Meaning he would have a cosmic infused techno-organic looking scintilating tongue that he could speak to the elements with in an alien language that they would respond to.

So he could ask fire not to burn him and it could choose to obey. Or air to support him and he could run through the sky. stuff like that.

His name would be SuperBad.

Maybe. I don't know yet.

Maybe just 3000. You tell me.
Post Edited:2007-05-11 03:23:14
Post Edited:2007-05-11 03:24:14

#8 Posted by Walkingstone (10723 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm feeling wistful today so mine would be Andreas Katsulas, sci-fi actor. I'd give him the phoenix power of rebirth and also the ability to fly like Peter Pan. :) Kind of a private joke between me and him. He died a couple of years ago and normally I don't care about actors but I'd met him and really liked him so yeah, I'd give him the Phoenix Force.

#9 Posted by Walkingstone (10723 posts) - - Show Bio

And that one was a little depressing so let me do another.

William Shatner. I'd give him the super-powers to go with his Kirk-super-complex :D So charismatic with women. Super-strength to lift those styrofoam rocks. And a dazzling smile that can frazzle an alien invader's mind at two hundred paces.

#10 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

I got one

Tight Eyez from Rize and Kings of Krump

Tight Eyez is infused with the 'tesseract'. Now when he Krumps he can bend and warp space around him; making a krump battle with him supernatural

#11 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Adam West!

#12 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Aaaaand. Adam West is a person, we just need what his powers and persona would be and succesful post.
Post Edited:2007-05-11 18:59:53

#13 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Adam West as Catman with his amazing Catastic powers. (Sorry if you have ever watched the show Fairly Oddparents you know what I am talking about.)

#14 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

sorry have'nt seen that episode, but i can prolly deduce the outcome.

#15 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

The Rock, Dwayne Johnson. I don't know why, but I think he would be pretty cool Lobo.

#16 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84681 posts) - - Show Bio

Photon says:

"The Rock, Dwayne Johnson. I don't know why, but I think he would be pretty cool Lobo. 1"

He'd be a better Apocolypse, well before he becomes Apocolypse.

#17 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

at least post something pertinant with your shameless promotion.

#18 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

"Can you smeeeeeeeelll... What Apocalypse... is cooking!?!?!?"

Oh and by the way... HULK SUCKS!

Post Edited:2007-05-11 19:48:15

#19 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Jackie Chan would be Midnight Devil from Kieth Giffen and J D Matties's Strikeback. I'm pretty sure thats who the character was based off anyway.

#20 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

GEt li and Wesly Snipes damn that would be fucking awsome

#21 Posted by GL Bertron (3708 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Bruce Willis with Random's powers would ne cool.

#22 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84681 posts) - - Show Bio

Brad Pitt as Gambit.

#23 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

I can honestly say there is not one single "celebrity" in the entire world that I would wish to have super powers bestowed on them.

#24 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84681 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that what this thread is? I thought we were casting real people for superhero roles. I'm such a tard.

#25 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Prurience Man says:

"I can honestly say there is not one single "celebrity" in the entire world that I would wish to have super powers bestowed on them."

except Screech from Saved by the Bell.

#26 Posted by Shatterstar (4539 posts) - - Show Bio

methos says:

"oh yeah... this sounds good :)worst case scenario, one of the guardians comes through the bleed and gives Jim Carrey a Green Lantern ring...can you imagine what this guy would do with a GL ring?*shudders*M"

I wish this thread was about how this picture of Jim Carrey isn't Jim Carrey. That was the most unintentionally hilarious exchange I've read since..."skaywalker".

#27 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Shatterstar says:

"methos says:
"oh yeah... this sounds good :) worst case scenario, one of the guardians comes through the bleed and gives Jim Carrey a Green Lantern ring... can you imagine what this guy would do with a GL ring? *shudders* M"
I wish this thread was about how this picture of Jim Carrey isn't Jim Carrey. That was the most unintentionally hilarious exchange I've read since..."skaywalker"."

ok, i'm confused...

when i look at that picture i see jim carey with a big ass cigar...

when i right click on the image to check the hyperlink, it goes to the jum carey biography page...

what do other people see?

M

#28 Posted by Shatterstar (4539 posts) - - Show Bio

methos says:

"Shatterstar says:
"methos says:
"oh yeah... this sounds good :) worst case scenario, one of the guardians comes through the bleed and gives Jim Carrey a Green Lantern ring... can you imagine what this guy would do with a GL ring? *shudders* M"
I wish this thread was about how this picture of Jim Carrey isn't Jim Carrey. That was the most unintentionally hilarious exchange I've read since..."skaywalker"."

ok, i'm confused...

when i right click on the image to check the hyperlink, it goes to the jum carey biography page...

M"

It is Jim Carrey, Sling Shot is just wrong, which = the funny.
Post Edited:2007-05-15 06:07:21

#29 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

ok cheers :)

M

#30 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Shatterstar says:

"methos says:
"Shatterstar says:
"methos says:

ok, i'm confused...

M"

Post Edited:2007-05-15 06:07:21"

Are you guys blind? Would somebody set Methos and Shatterstar straight. That is not Jim Carey. The guy who played Ace Ventura, was on In Living Color,Truman Show, Dumb and Dummer. Need I gp on? That guy with a cigar is not Jim Carey.

#31 Posted by Shatterstar (4539 posts) - - Show Bio

Sling Shot says:

"Shatterstar says:
"methos says:
"Shatterstar says:
"methos says:

ok, i'm confused...

M"

Post Edited:2007-05-15 06:07:21"

Are you guys blind? Would somebody set Methos and Shatterstar straight. That is not Jim Carey. The guy who played Ace Ventura, was on In Living Color,Truman Show, Dumb and Dummer. Need I gp on? That guy with a cigar is not Jim Carey.

"

Here's the page the image is located on http://www.the-planets.com/star-biography/Jim_Carrey_biography.htm

#32 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

The pic at the bottom of that site is Carey.The other two ain't. I guess i could consider the fact that you thought i was wrong when i was right funny, but it ain't.

#33 Posted by Shatterstar (4539 posts) - - Show Bio

Sling Shot says:

" The pic at the bottom of that site is Carey.The other two ain't. I guess i could consider the fact that you thought i was wrong when i was right funny, but it ain't."

#34 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84681 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks like Jim Carey to me.

#35 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Where are the Jim Carey fans that can help atest to this error.That cigar smoking guy is not Jim Carey

#36 Posted by CanadianWolverine (417 posts) - - Show Bio

I would give everyone in any kind of political office the ability to read minds ... very clearly. Soon there would be no one in position who either wouldn't soon leave or go coma-inducing-insane.

=P

#37 Posted by AssertingValor (5391 posts) - - Show Bio

@Methos said:

oh yeah... this sounds good :)

worst case scenario, one of the guardians comes through the bleed and gives Jim Carrey a Green Lantern ring...

can you imagine what this guy would do with a GL ring?

shudders

M

Jim Carrey with the Mask and a GL ring!!

#38 Posted by ImmortalOne (3381 posts) - - Show Bio

Justin Bieber with Banshee's powers...

#39 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20174 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim Carrey with Joker's insanity.....

#40 Posted by Shotgun (900 posts) - - Show Bio

Al Gore, most definitely.

#41 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

Paris Hilton with Superman's powers because I like to party.

#42 Edited by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

Michael bay with reality warping

everything will explode

but on the real side

Michio kaku or Stephen hawking

#43 Posted by tuananhxu99001 (96 posts) - - Show Bio

snookie with some powers, the world is doom