Reading Recommendations Y: The Last Man

jashah17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have been a superhero comic reader for about 8 years now. I never really ventured out of the safety of the marvel universe. Recently i Picked up Saga and fell in love with it. I went on a frenzy reading old Alan Moore books.

Just this week I picked up all trades of Y: The last man and read it in about 2 days. I absolutely loved it. That series front to back is probably one of the my favorite series.

I need a new series. I am currently Reading Saga, East of West, Sex Criminals. I want something a little more complete something I can just dive into and enjoy. Any Recommendations would be great.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Billy Batson

You might like BKV's other works Ex Machina and Runaways.

BB

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Try Bedlam and Pretty Deadly. Bedlam is on issue 10 and Pretty Deadly issue 1. So yeah, they are hardly complete, but they are damn good. Also check out Sandman, it's pretty complete. (And pretty awesome.) There's a lot of great stuff, so I could go on for paragraphs and paragraphs telling you about all the great indie stuff, but I won't. These are the first few to come to mind. Good luck in your searches!

jashah17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you everyone for the recommendations. I will be looking into some of the recommendations put on here.

Dabee - I purchased pretty deadly a few weeks ago and I did not start it yet. I will be starting it tonight.

Thanks again!

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7 JediXMan  Moderator

Based on what you've read:

• The Sandman
  • Fables
  • The Doom Patrol (specifically Grant Morrison's run).