Tell me what you guys think:

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 48

#1  Edited By Black_Claw

I'm happy that Frozen won both of the categories it was nominated in. But damn, does the academy have something against Leonardo Dicaprio?

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#2  Edited By batmannflash

Wasn't this the 86th Academy Awards, not the 84th?

I was actually fairly happy with the winners this year. There's so many worthy winners that it's harder to disagree with the Academy's choices this year.

Gravity, in my opinion, was the best movie of 2013 so not surprised that it dominated. However, a little surprised that American Hustle didn't win any Oscars at all out of 10 nominations, but it's probably because of Gravity.

All the actor/actress winners were just as I predicted. I thought that supporting actress was a little weak, but Lupita deserved it the most. Leto's win was expected, though I would of loved Fassbender to win. And interesting that you saw McConaughey and Blanchett's wins as "left-field." From what I've seen, most have predicted McConaughey as the winner, despite how competitive Lead Actor was this year. I really wanted DiCaprio to win, but without bias, McConaughey's performance was the best. And Blanchett's performance was one of the easiest picks in recent memory, online I haven't seen any lead actress predicted to win this year other than Blanchett. So, interesting.

I agree with you for the most part. I personally didn't like 12 Years a Slave as much as the Academy, but not shocked at all to see it win Best Picture.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

@batmannflash: After the Golden Globes I thought it was going to be Amy Adams, but it seems that American Hustle in general didn't win much

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#5  Edited By batmannflash
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers