Poll Rate GODZILLA (2014) (30 votes)

6 - THE ABSOLUTE 13%
5 - AMAZING / SUPURB 17%
4 - GREAT 17%
3 - GOOD 30%
2 - OK / MEH 17%
1 - BAD 3%
0 - HORRIBLE 3%

give your ratings for and opinion of GODZILLA (2014)

• 
InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By InFamous_Wolf

This movie was AMAZING!!!. The last 40 minutes of this movie is GODLIKE! Some of the best and most intense Kaiju/Godzilla fight scenes I have seen.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Solid acting for the most part, insane eye candy, and the absolute best final battle I've ever seen in a film. I'm officially a sucker for this movie.

Avatar image for oosupermanthathoeoo
oOSupermanThatHoeOo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, such praise. I may have to see it, I've had little to no interest thus far.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Its a very unique film. You can really appreciate the Director's work here in the way the movie was shot. There's an absolutely enormous sense of you as a human being, being an insignificant ant as the world is ending between these giant monsters.

That aspect is either going to work for people or it isn't. I'm still undecided. On one hand, its very cinematic - something I very much appreciate. On the other, it leaves you a little bit of a sense of "I just want to see the monsters fight god damnit"

I'm still a little undecided. Its still a solid movie either way, I just cant' decide if its good or maybe great.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I thought it was bad. They made it look like something very different in the trailers. I was expecting more Godzilla then the MUTO's. Actually thought the plot was going to be Godzilla was the antagonist so us humans make the MUTO's to kill Godzilla but in the end the MUTO's start destroying San Francisco and Godzilla beats them. While I'm glad I was wrong, I wish it had more to offer. Didn't really have anything to distinguish itself, and seemed to banking on the name Godzilla to make money.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I would give it a solid 8 out of 10, but with this poll I picked 4.

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Skyfire

It's not really a bad movie in fairness....but I expected alot more than what I got.

Godzilla....the title character...only gets about 20 minutes screen time in a nearly 2 hour film? And about 15 of those at the end? BS

I know it couldn't have been all action, but jeez, they really should have taken a leaf out of Pacific Rim's book, that had a nice balance of story and action. This was far too heavy on human characters for a monster movie.

It's not all bad, the final fight, when it eventually comes, is pretty spectacular. Godzilla himself looked amazing. dat atomic breath

I personally was just very disappointed.

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I give it a 7/10. It is leagues better than that 98 movie but still not what I consider the best. The Godzilla scenes, unsurpisingly, are the best parts of the movie and there should be more of them. Didn't care about the human actors at all. Still, this is a good start for a reboot.

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Bump

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

7/10

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could have used more Bryan Cranston, especially after the trailers make him seem to be the main character.

Monster fights could have been better.

But all in all, good movie. :)

Anyone else catch the Mothra Easter egg?

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

6.8/10

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

C+. Needed more Bryan Cranston and less Kick-Ass guy. Less cutaways from the monster fights. And especially needed more Godzilla.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

After thinking more about it I would like to change my score from 8 to 7, I liked the movie Godzilla but it wasn't as GREAT as I previously had thought.

Zilant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It was okay, but there wasn't even CLOSE to enough actual Godzilla and the human characters were really boring.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I honestly thought the movie was good.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 the_stegman  Moderator

"Meh"

To be honest, I enjoyed 1998 "Zilla" more as a film.

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

I'd say it was good. The pacing was a bit off as it seemed to drag for a fair bit of the movie and I wish there'd been more actual monster fighting, but it was still pretty solid. I got to see him use his atomic breath a few times, the last time in a supremely awesome way, and there was no hideous Godzuki so I was happy with it.

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was alright. I just have to say that this film has the most retarded military I've seen in a movie.

MannEffest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By MannEffest

It straddles a "good" and a "great" for me. While the writing was much to be desired, the acting was one-dimensional in some parts, and the character development lacking. I felt the director truly captured the essence is Godzilla very well. A horror story of man powerless against nature. I also loved the fact we never got to see Godzilla up close until later in the film. Yes, I said it, just hear me out. We sat there in our seats in anticipation to when they would reveal the monster, having us only catch glimpses to wet our appetite for when we would be treated to full on Godzilla glory, and I was not disappointed! He looked fantastic! And while I admit, try should have done a better job with fleshing out the boring human characters (save for Bryan Cranston who was excellent), it sufficed with enough plot tension and visual awe (the cinematography, the music, the effects, etc) to leave me satisfied. Not full, just satisfied enough that I craved more. But overall I would say 3.5/5

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

3 stars for the first half, 4 for the second.