Rank Buffy/Angel villains strength & durability

Nuffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Anyone who's seen Buffy knows the villains are usually stronger and more durable than Buffy, Angel and the likes, but I'm curious where other people rank the big bads amongst each other in those two departments. Lets do these guys:

Adam

The Beast

Jasmine

Glory

Sahjhan

Illyria (weakened)

Illyria (full power)

Caleb (pre final episode consistency ignoring)

Marcus Hamilton

Here's how I see it from highest to lowest-

Strength

Glory

Jasmine

Caleb/Hamilton

Illyria (full power) (either tied with the Firefly duo or a slightly below them)

Sahjhan

The Beast

Adam/Illyria (weakned) (either Illyria's tied with Adam or slightly below him)

Durability

Glory

The Beast

Illyria (full power)

Hamilton/Adam

Caleb

Sahjhan/Illyia (weakened) (either Illyria's tied with Sahjhan or slightly below him)

I purposely left Jasmine out of durability because she has regular durability, but regenerates, so kind of hard to rank that.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pokergeist

@nuffs: Wow, well lets see. Top weakest to bottom strongest.

Durability

Glory

Hamilton

Illyia (weakened)

Jasmine

The Beast

Illyria (full power)

Strength

Illyria (weakned)/Glory/Jasmine

Hamilton/The Beast

Illyria (full power)

That is my break down.

Nuffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nuffs: Wow, well lets see.

Durability

Glory

Hamilton

Illyia (weakened)

Jasmine

The Beast

Illyria (full power)

Strength

Hamilton/The Beast

Illyria (full power)

That is my break down.

You rank weakened Illyria as having higher strength and durability than her full power version? What gave you that idea out of curiosity?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nuffs said:

@cadencev2 said:

@nuffs: Wow, well lets see.

Durability

Glory

Hamilton

Illyia (weakened)

Jasmine

The Beast

Illyria (full power)

Strength

Hamilton/The Beast

Illyria (full power)

That is my break down.

You rank weakened Illyria as having higher strength and durability than her full power version? What gave you that idea out of curiosity?

What? I ranked from Top (Weakest) to Bottom (Strongest)

Nuffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: Oh I see. I did the reverse and since Glory was at the top of both list, I couldn't tell you did the orders in reverse.

Hmm not a fan of Glory or do you think she really is that weak? Granted she's far from the female Juggernaut, but she still seemed to be one of the more stronger and durable characters from Buffy/Angel. Though Buffy can hold her off for a while to discredit her.

Nuffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BTW if you don't mind me asking @cadencev2, why aren't Caleb and Adam not listed on your lists? Not familiar with them?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nuffs said:

BTW if you don't mind me asking @cadencev2, why aren't Caleb and Adam not listed on your lists? Not familiar with them?

Im not.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@nuffs:

I'd put caleb above glory in durability.. Buffy was.. literally unable to do anything to him. Same with adam, but glory took a lot of shots from that hammer thing. I'd say that puts her above adam.

@cadencev2 said:

@nuffs said:

Im not.

Wow. How come?

So I know something about buffy you don't. Go drown in your shame :D

(Done watching the seven seasons btw. but seriously, you really should have watched the adam fight. Primeval buffy was more awesome than anything in the series. Including dark willow tbh. Well, not power-wise, but overall.)

Idk if this will count as a spoiler for you, but:

Loading Video...

Amazing, I was literally :o lol

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pokergeist
PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@princearagorn1: LOL Im not a super Buffy fan remember ;)

Wasn't super buffy lifting trains and stuff? This one was more grounded, but it was like watching aang enter avatar state :)

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2 said:

@princearagorn1: LOL Im not a super Buffy fan remember ;)

Wasn't super buffy lifting trains and stuff? This one was more grounded, but it was like watching aang enter avatar state :)

Yes, Super Buffy was lifting trains and wrecking mountains during sex.

Nuffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im not.

Well Adam was the big bad for season 4. He's essentially Frankenstein's monster and pretty lackluster as both a character and threat.

Adam

It even says on his wiki page that he was Joss's least favourite villain. His best strength feat was ripping off the head of a generic teen vampire with some effort. However he never once KO Buffy or any noticeable character except Gunn. Even more embarrassing in his first fight against Buffy in a cave, while Adam failed to KO her, Buffy KO herself after running away, she slips down a slope and hits her head on a rock.

Durability wise Spike tried to punch him and gotten a similar reaction when Angel first tried to punch Hamilton. However in his final fight against Buffy, the scoobies used a spell to put all their power into Buffy giving her the additional powers of Willow's magic, Xander's heart, Giles brain and tapping into the power of the first slayer (so Buffy basically has 2x strength). Buffy just went hth against Adam and completely creamed him and punched through his chest and ripped out his power core.

They also tried to make Adam more Terminator like by giving him a chain gun with a grenade launcher. He kind of sucked with it considering he couldn't even shoot Buffy at close range (something even Warren can do), and his chain gun and grenade launcher couldn't even shoot through a computer panel. A Terminator would so cream him. Actually I think even a T-600 could beat him.

Caleb was only in like the 4 or 5 last episodes of the series of season 7, so understandably you didn't catch him. He was strong enough to KO slayer/vampire level people in under 3 hits.

Durability wise he didn't really take much hits from anything noticeable outside slayer/vampire hits. He died from this special slayer battle ax (I refuse to call it a scythe, writers don't even know what the hell a scythe looks like).

However in the final episodes I heard Joss purposely ignore consistency to give great fights and much like every other villain in season 7, he got affected. Caleb went from being able to KO in under 3 hits to not being able to KO anyone regardless how much times he hits them. The turok-han went from beating up Buffy to a whole group of them getting easily beaten by Giles and Principal Wood, Dawn killing 3 of them singlehandily and one not being able to KO an unarmed Andrew who doesn't even know how to fight. Not to mentioned the First, so supposedly great evil threat from the beginning of time, the most powerful being the gang will have to face turned out to be able to do nothing outside trying to taunt people to death. Yeah it was about as threatening as ghost Willow. Man was season 7's writing sloppy.

Nuffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nuffs:

I'd put caleb above glory in durability.. Buffy was.. literally unable to do anything to him. Same with adam, but glory took a lot of shots from that hammer thing. I'd say that puts her above adam.

Caleb was affected by hits. When he tangled Faith's arms in the vineyard fight, she easily kicked him off her to get free. Same thing when Caleb was gouging out Xander's eye, Spike comes in and knocks off Caleb to get Xander free. When Buffy got back up, she actually knocked him down for a while. Not to mentioned he had to block every weapon shot they attempted on him in that same fight.

I always saw Caleb and Hamilton as pretty much just the same character. Both are spokesmen for the supposed ultimate evil of their show, both showed up in the final season, both were humans who's on the mystical equivalent of steroids and both seem to have the same powers. As we've seen on Angel, you can cut up Hamilton just fine as evident how vampire fangs made him bleed.

As for Adam, well he got trashed and a 2x strength Buffy was able to punch her fist into his chest, so he couldn't have been that durable.

Olaf's troll hammer is massively overrated. It was the weakest thing that "worked" on Glory. A roof falls of Glory and she wasn't shown waking up from it until the next episode. A semi truck hits her and it injures her enough that she immediately reverts back to Ben. Willow's magic lightning hits her and she screams in pain and is down for a while. Buffy wails on her constantly with the troll hammer and Glory pretty much shrugs off every hit. Then Xander hits her with a wrecking ball and Glory's face is bloodied and she can't even fight anymore and begs Buffy to stop.

This isn't even counting how in the debut episode with Olaf Xander gets hit 3 times with that hammer and isn't even bleeding or unconscious. Or how Olaf was Anya's ex boyfriend who she turned into a troll back when she was practicing magic.

(Done watching the seven seasons btw. but seriously, you really should have watched the adam fight. Primeval buffy was more awesome than anything in the series. Including dark willow tbh. Well, not power-wise, but overall.)

Idk if this will count as a spoiler for you, but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vQHPUDGkxE&feature=player_embedded#t=0

Amazing, I was literally :o lol

It indeed was a good fight.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a Battle.

Twerk_it_miley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does everyone underrate Glory so much? The only being I can see beating her is a pre-time bomb Illyria. I think she would beat Dark Willow easily. She made an entire building collapse just by stomping her foot FFS and she killed an entire army of people in a few seconds. We don't even know what her true form is so she COULD be the most powerful being for all we know.

Strength:

Glory

Illyria (Fully powered)

Jasmine

Marcus Hamilton

The Beast

Caleb/Illyria (Depowered)

Adam

Sahjhan

Durability/Invulnerability:

Glory/Illyria (Fully powered)

The Beast

Adam

Hamilton/Caleb

Illyria (Depowered)

Sahjhan

Jasmine

AscendingSoup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AscendingSoup

@nuffs:

Olafs troll hammar was the only thing to hurt her because it had the powers of a god. Even after it hit her several times Glory only had a nosebleed.

The truck that hit glory didn't injure her at all, Ben took control back because of how close she was to taking dawn.

That lightning that "put down glory for a while" well after that lightning she laughs at willow and saying "aww that's cute" then literally walks through anything willow does and pushes her aside.

The wrecking ball that hit glory was after Glory was weakened by Willows magic,Buffy beating the shit out of her with the troll hammar, and the magical orb Made to weaken her. Even after all that, she gets back up, slightly bloodied

Nothing they could do would kill glory so they had to kill her human vessel to end her, Hell she punched down willows magic barrier ffs.

Glory is really strong.