Raiding the Toy Box.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

Edited By DoomDoomDoom

I'm sure quite a few of us had a least one or two action figures growing up. If not as a kid maybe you picked up a couple a little later in life. I've always liked action figures and I somewhat credit them with my introduction to the characters of the Marvel universe. As a kid anytime I got five dollars for cutting the neighbors grass or ten dollars in a card from a distant family member for my birthday it went to action figures. Needless to say I amassed quite a bit of them over the years. I thought it would be cool to dig through my three gallon Rubbermaid containers(of which there are six) and pull out some figures to take pictures of and share.

So this is my collection of Marvel action figures I have. Keep in mind I was kid and most of these figures saw heavy use and were destroyed so about a third of them I didn't even take pictures of because they are missing large identifying pieces or just completely broken. Also, I tried to find most of the accessories to go with each figure but I'm sure I'm missing some of them.

If you read through and enjoy this let me know, I actually enjoyed doing this and have tons of other toys I could post up like this. Anyways, hope you enjoy the nostalgia. (also sorry for the shoddy pictures, I don't have a camera so I had to use my phone.)

Let's begin!

Cable - One of the first action figures I remember buying, one of my favorites as well.
Cable - One of the first action figures I remember buying, one of my favorites as well.
The left side of Cable's face and his left bicep pop off .
The left side of Cable's face and his left bicep pop off .
Maestro - So we've got this version of Hulk wearing Dr. Strange's cape, dragging Mjolnir, using Captain American's shield, with Wolverine's adamantium skeleton and claws around his wrist. Oh don't forget the helmets of Juggernaut, Ultron, Iron Man, Dr. Doom, and Nova, wrapped around his chest.
Maestro - So we've got this version of Hulk wearing Dr. Strange's cape, dragging Mjolnir, using Captain American's shield, with Wolverine's adamantium skeleton and claws around his wrist. Oh don't forget the helmets of Juggernaut, Ultron, Iron Man, Dr. Doom, and Nova, wrapped around his chest.
Holocaust - Can barely make it out in my crappy picture but you have the red skull and spinal cord suspended in the suit.
Holocaust - Can barely make it out in my crappy picture but you have the red skull and spinal cord suspended in the suit.
Silver Surfer - I have no idea why he's blue. By pulling the flame you could launch a disk of some sort out of the front of the board.
Silver Surfer - I have no idea why he's blue. By pulling the flame you could launch a disk of some sort out of the front of the board.
Silver Surfer II - This another of my favorites growing up. He has this odd angular protrusions in some places that make him look even more alien.
Silver Surfer II - This another of my favorites growing up. He has this odd angular protrusions in some places that make him look even more alien.
Brood alien - If you press the button on his back his mouth opens up and his wings flap.
Brood alien - If you press the button on his back his mouth opens up and his wings flap.
Spider-man - Since he was one of my favorites as a kid I had quite a few versions of him. The one in the top left corner actually came with headgear and a belt with Dr. Ocks arms on it. Middle top, had some sort of wings IIRC. Metal suit, shot a disk out of his right arm. I'm not remember anything specific about the left and middle bottom figures. Bottom right figure had a button on the side, when pressed he did a odd flailing motion that the packaging informed you was wall crawling. Far right, to be 100% honest I'm not sure if this is Spider-Man but he had some weird boots and a back pack with a fan on it.
Spider-man - Since he was one of my favorites as a kid I had quite a few versions of him. The one in the top left corner actually came with headgear and a belt with Dr. Ocks arms on it. Middle top, had some sort of wings IIRC. Metal suit, shot a disk out of his right arm. I'm not remember anything specific about the left and middle bottom figures. Bottom right figure had a button on the side, when pressed he did a odd flailing motion that the packaging informed you was wall crawling. Far right, to be 100% honest I'm not sure if this is Spider-Man but he had some weird boots and a back pack with a fan on it.
Wolverine - Ultra-ripped up clothes
RAR.
RAR.
Cyclops - Is it just me or does Scott Summers have the worse facial expressions of any action figure ever.
Cyclops - Is it just me or does Scott Summers have the worse facial expressions of any action figure ever.
Cool pop on costume though, that makes him a literal cyclops.
Cool pop on costume though, that makes him a literal cyclops.
Rhino - there was a little lever on the back, when pressed made him kinda ram his head upwards. He came with a chest plate and wrist and ankle guards. He also had a prehistoric looking hammer and axe which I couldn't find.
Rhino - there was a little lever on the back, when pressed made him kinda ram his head upwards. He came with a chest plate and wrist and ankle guards. He also had a prehistoric looking hammer and axe which I couldn't find.
Wolverine - My assumption is this taken from Weapon-X. If you squeezed his legs together his arms popped off.
Wolverine - My assumption is this taken from Weapon-X. If you squeezed his legs together his arms popped off.
So you could pop these awesome suckers on!
So you could pop these awesome suckers on!
Daredevil- This was one of my favorites. He's fairly simple but he had quite a bit of articulation. He came with this tank-esque thing that you could break apart...
Daredevil- This was one of my favorites. He's fairly simple but he had quite a bit of articulation. He came with this tank-esque thing that you could break apart...
And gear him up with. I always thought Daredevil needed a pair of tank-tread roller skates.
And gear him up with. I always thought Daredevil needed a pair of tank-tread roller skates.
Cyclops & Jean Gray - Two of my least favorite action figures. Note Scott's horrid face.
Cyclops & Jean Gray - Two of my least favorite action figures. Note Scott's horrid face.
Lizard - Another favorite. This one had been glued back together multiple times I'm sure. He came with some odd backpack trashcan steam roller rig, couldn't find it though.
Lizard - Another favorite. This one had been glued back together multiple times I'm sure. He came with some odd backpack trashcan steam roller rig, couldn't find it though.
Halloween Jack - Just looks cool, and for some reason...
Halloween Jack - Just looks cool, and for some reason...
He could transform into a odd were-lion.
He could transform into a odd were-lion.
Iron Man - Another favorite.
Iron Man - Another favorite.
The pop on armor was good touch.
The pop on armor was good touch.
Adam Warlock - He had this skull with snakes coming out of it you could mount him on and pull backwards and it would zoom forward. Needless to say, I couldn't find it.
Adam Warlock - He had this skull with snakes coming out of it you could mount him on and pull backwards and it would zoom forward. Needless to say, I couldn't find it.
AOA Sabertooth & Wildchild(?) - Always thought this was a cool one, toting around a miniature version of yourself on a chain is always awesome.
AOA Sabertooth & Wildchild(?) - Always thought this was a cool one, toting around a miniature version of yourself on a chain is always awesome.
Zzzax(I think) - Next to no articulation, little wind up on the back made him vibrate, I mean wiggle like a flame or something.
Zzzax(I think) - Next to no articulation, little wind up on the back made him vibrate, I mean wiggle like a flame or something.
Hydroman - I know, what action figure collection is complete without Hydroman. Although the the water base with wheels is kinda awesome.
Hydroman - I know, what action figure collection is complete without Hydroman. Although the the water base with wheels is kinda awesome.
HydroVenomMan(?) - I have no idea.
HydroVenomMan(?) - I have no idea.
Venom - Another favorite, I liked the purplish/redish tint the symbiot has as opposed to its more common solid black depiction...
Venom - Another favorite, I liked the purplish/redish tint the symbiot has as opposed to its more common solid black depiction...
he also came with this cool little spider car. When you push it forward the legs move. Also, a pin on the back can be pulled to fire the discs with the purple spider on them.
he also came with this cool little spider car. When you push it forward the legs move. Also, a pin on the back can be pulled to fire the discs with the purple spider on them.
Carnage - The blade fingers are cool but there is next to no articulation which isn't cool. This guy had some accessories but I can't recall what they were.
Carnage - The blade fingers are cool but there is next to no articulation which isn't cool. This guy had some accessories but I can't recall what they were.
Genesis(Tyler Dayspring) - Yeah, he has an action figure...
Genesis(Tyler Dayspring) - Yeah, he has an action figure...
When you take his mask off he is still lame.
When you take his mask off he is still lame.
Swarm - Always liked this one in this form...
Swarm - Always liked this one in this form...
Better than this one.
Better than this one.
X-man - eh.
X-man - eh.
(?) - I'm not really sure who this guy is, I feel like he is associated with the Savage land though.
(?) - I'm not really sure who this guy is, I feel like he is associated with the Savage land though.
Jack O'Lantern - The flames behind his head are pretty cool. He had some accessories but I couldn't remember what they were. I feel like he had a vehicle of some sort actually.
Jack O'Lantern - The flames behind his head are pretty cool. He had some accessories but I couldn't remember what they were. I feel like he had a vehicle of some sort actually.
Dr. Strange - Another favorite. The cape has some sort of rigidness at the bottom so when you sit him up right the cape supports him without his feet touching the ground to give the appearance of levitation, thought it was pretty cool.
Dr. Strange - Another favorite. The cape has some sort of rigidness at the bottom so when you sit him up right the cape supports him without his feet touching the ground to give the appearance of levitation, thought it was pretty cool.
Outcast - Another one I'm not sure of. I feel like he is a Ghost Rider villain but I'm not certain.
Outcast - Another one I'm not sure of. I feel like he is a Ghost Rider villain but I'm not certain.
Ronan - Didn't really care for this one as a kid. He had a little alien he stood on that would zoom forward when you pulled it back. Similar to the one I described Adam Warlock having.
Ronan - Didn't really care for this one as a kid. He had a little alien he stood on that would zoom forward when you pulled it back. Similar to the one I described Adam Warlock having.
Morbius - Another favorite of mine as a kid (hey, I had a thing for vampires). When you squeezed his legs together his head rotated to human.
Morbius - Another favorite of mine as a kid (hey, I had a thing for vampires). When you squeezed his legs together his head rotated to human.
Hulk 2099 - Sadly at some point in my childhood I decided to cut the hair from the top of his head. He had a chainsaw that attached to his wrist. I have no idea why Hulk needs a chainsaw but OK.
Hulk 2099 - Sadly at some point in my childhood I decided to cut the hair from the top of his head. He had a chainsaw that attached to his wrist. I have no idea why Hulk needs a chainsaw but OK.
Ultron - Always liked this one. Had a button on the back that when you pressed it lit up his face. He came with some kind of detainment gear. A mask and handcuff sort of things.
Ultron - Always liked this one. Had a button on the back that when you pressed it lit up his face. He came with some kind of detainment gear. A mask and handcuff sort of things.
Wendigo - Again, I made the poor choice of cutting all of his hair off at some point. I didn't like hair on my action figures as a kid I guess.
Wendigo - Again, I made the poor choice of cutting all of his hair off at some point. I didn't like hair on my action figures as a kid I guess.
(?) - Not quite sure, Hulk related.
(?) - Not quite sure, Hulk related.
(?) - Again, not sure but hulk related.
(?) - Again, not sure but hulk related.
Apocalypse - Missing some sort of cables that slotted into his forearms.
Apocalypse - Missing some sort of cables that slotted into his forearms.
Various - These figures are only an inch and a half tall and their metal. They came in packs of 8. That's all I remember. Paint is chipped off a good bit of them.
Various - These figures are only an inch and a half tall and their metal. They came in packs of 8. That's all I remember. Paint is chipped off a good bit of them.
Various - Same as above.
Various - Same as above.
Various - Same as above. No idea who the person in the top row in the middle is.
Various - Same as above. No idea who the person in the top row in the middle is.
Abomination - I bought this one a little later in life as a teenager. Lot's of articulation, I think it came from the Marvel Select line IIRC.
Abomination - I bought this one a little later in life as a teenager. Lot's of articulation, I think it came from the Marvel Select line IIRC.
Blackheart - Another teenage purchase, again I think it's from the Marvel Select line.
Blackheart - Another teenage purchase, again I think it's from the Marvel Select line.
(?) - I have no idea who this is, he is missing the top half of his skull. If you have any idea post it, I would love to know.
(?) - I have no idea who this is, he is missing the top half of his skull. If you have any idea post it, I would love to know.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Nice collection. I bet you had a lot of fun with those when you were growing up.

Riot_Sqrrl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

You're right; the frog guy is Amphibius of the Savage Land Mutates. The two gamma mutants are from the Hulk Outcasts line: Chainsaw (the lady), and Two-Head. That last one looks like a homebrew made out of a Mojo figure mated with the Wet Works Vampire, but no bloody idea what it is really.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerherc: I definitely did

@riot_sqrrl: Thanks! I actually found out what that last one is, the packaging lists it as Phage but on the site he is listed on Xenophage, If you look under images on that character page you can see the figure in the packaging.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4 SC  Moderator

This was an extremely awesome blog. I only got to about half way and had to do other stuff, but want to check out later. Heh heh, thank you for sharing!

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gunmetalgrey

@doomdoomdoom: That's actually Marvel Legends Abomination. Marvel Select's Abomination came out just a couple of years ago, I have it.

Also had that big black Spider-Man with the red spider on his chest. He's Web-Swamp Spider-Man or something like that. That explains the fan backpack to make him look like one of those fan boats.

I'm still collecting toys, don't know if I'll ever stop. It's what got me into comics, anime, cult classics, etc.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By jwalser3

I lost it at Venom Hydro man

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

@jwalser3: Lol, he is identical to Hydroman except for the head. He is wearing shoes and a belt, their just painted black. I was very disappointed as a kid when I noticed this.

@gunmetalgrey: If Abomination is from the Marvel Legends line then I'm sure Blackheart is too. Thank you for setting me straight on that one.

@sc: Thanks!

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gunmetalgrey

@doomdoomdoom: Just in case you're interested, here's what Marvel Select Abomination looks like:

No Caption Provided

Less articulation, but the sculpt and paint are top-notch. He's huge too, over 9 inches tall and weighs more than a couple of pounds. You could say Selects are more adult-oriented collectibles, I suppose.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunmetalgrey: Oh that's awesome, I'm going to have to check out what else is in that line. I'd like a Dr. Doom of Moon Knight figure of that caliber.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gunmetalgrey

@doomdoomdoom: I have Doom as well, he's one of the older figures in the line, but still great. He comes with a sweet throne with stone steps underneath and banners on each side. The banners, I believe, used to be sculpted, but in the re-releases they were just printed on card, but it still looks good altogether.

They also have a really good classic Ultron that came out just a few months ago.

One of the good things about these is the price. The quality is so good and they're either really big and solid, or come with a lot of stuff, but they're just in the $20-25 range.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed scrolling through your pictures! You have a fantastic collection there and wow, Cyclops' just looks atrocious! What the heck were they thinking - his jaw looks dislodged, lol.

And poor Wendigo, you weren't kidding about the hair-hate you must have had, he got something close to a Turbo Wax Job but even still, I think he looks great!

I would ask you post more, this was awesome to see/read.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

@gunmetalgrey: I think I have seen the Ultron at my LCS. Wow, judging from the size and detail of the Abomination figure I would have thought it was easily like $40 or so, if not more.

@lykopis: Thanks, and I'm glad you enjoyed it. I had a lot of fun doing this so I hoped people would like it. I'm actually thinking about doing another one sometime. I have a couple categories to choose from so maybe I'll send you a message asking what you think I should tackle, I'd rather do that then create a poll.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes please, sending me a message would be much appreciated!

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By danhimself

@doomdoomdoom

RAR.
RAR.

had all of these as well...though I think a few of them were given to a friend's son who I'm sure will get more use out of them than I do

sidenote: the figure you have listed as Carnage is actually Spider Carnage from when the symbiote attached to Ben Reilly while he was Spider-man and the guy in the last pic is Joseph the clone of Magneto

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: Thanks for enlightening me! I hadn't the slightest idea about either of those.