Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Respect..

No Caption Provided

Quinlan Vos

He's a cool character who isn't discussed too often on Comic Vine. He has an abundance of combat feats and definitely deserves one of these.

This thread will be divided up into the following sections:

• Physical Prowess
  • Lightsaber and Martial Art Skill
  • Force Powers

Let's get to it.

Physical Prowess

Vos is pretty physically strong, although this isn't a feature of his that is expounded on in great detail.

Strength

Kicks droid heads off:

No Caption Provided

Breaks down a metal door, sending it flying off it's hinges:

Beats Tol Skorr to a pulp:

Durability and Endurance

Vos is incredibly tough and can carry on with even the most terrible of injuries.

Vos' chestplate is blaster-proof.

"Quinlan's blaster-proof chestplate is part of his Jedi uniform because he finds himself in danger more often than most."

- Lego Star Wars: Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded

Braces himself for a large fall, and thus not receiving any injuries:

Using the Force to survive a ship crash without much of a scratch:

Holds up a boulder with telekinesis even while being pierced by multiple thrown shuriken:

Tanks a large fall without much damage.

Gets the better of a pair of Morgukai Warriors (one of which fought evenly with Tholme, the other who has given Aayla Secura even fights), decapitating one, while severely injured and exhausted from the shuriken seen above:

(This is also impressive because Vos' main form, Ataru, is not well suited to dueling multiple opponents, and only true masters of the Form can use it to combat multiple opponents. Vos likely implemented Shien techniques into the fight as well, which is a Form V variant focused on blaster deflection opposed to dueling, which is again difficult to bring into a melee encounter.)

Survives being shot directly by a tank (likely an AT-TE):

Speed and Agility

Vos is incredibly fast and one of the most agile combatants in Star Wars.

A few examples of when Vos has left large streaking afterimages in combat:

Vos and Aayla Secura fighting at such speeds that an ARC trooper could only see them as a blur, and would be just as likely to have hit Aayla as he would Vos (he was aiming for Vos):

No Caption Provided

Vos deflecting blaster fire from a droideka, and showing skill and precision by deflecting three simultaneously bolts on his blade:

No Caption Provided

Drawing and igniting his lightsaber in time to deflect a volley of blaster bolts from an ambush:

Here, Vos is sitting a fair few feet away from a Nightsister. A rock is falling and is only a few feet above her head. Vos is able to get up, ignite his lightsaber, and travel over to and cut the rock before it descends another foot:

No Caption Provided

Now for agility. This is where Vos really, really shines.

Dodging and deflecting blaster bolts from literally dozens of shooters simultaneously, then dispatching them after getting a little help from Aayla Secura:

Dodging and deflecting blaster bolts from dozens of droids, and then receiving help from Obi-Wan in dispatching them:

Showing his skill in Force Leap, just after his memory-wipe and during a fight with Mace Windu:

Dodging and weaving his body around an ambush of dozens of wall-darts. This feat really needs no explanation, just look at it:

Acrobatically leaping over a sea of lava, using a rock:

Jumping around an assortment of lasers, designed to set off an alarm if anyone passes through them:

No Caption Provided

Now, onto our next topic.

Lightsaber and Martial Art Skill

Staving off a bloodlusted Padawan Aayla Secura, while holding back:

Fighting roughly evenly with a far more experienced Aayla Secura, but winning by dominating her with telekinesis:

Rather decisively defeating the Anzati Dark Jedi Master Volfe Karkko, a Force User who was so powerful thousands of years ago (before he escaped from Stasis), that it required the Jedi's entire High Council to defeat him. He also evidently had the advantage in Force power, but Quinlan pulled through in the end:

While holding back from killing them, Vos humbles Tol Skorr and Kadrian Sey. What makes this more impressive is that this feat was performed on a potent Dark Side Nexus called "The Works" (an area of Coruscant which has been used to train Sith for hundreds of years and is strong in the Dark Side as a result). The nexus did no hinder Vos because he attuned to the Dark Side better than most Jedi, but it would have passively amplified the physical abilities of Skorr and Sey.

Duped by Dooku on several occasions, Vos had managed to track Dooku to The Works, though he apparently hadn't perceived just how deeply the dark side had taken root there.

- Labyrinth of Evil

(This is also impressive because Vos' main form, Ataru, is not well suited to dueling multiple opponents, and only true masters of the Form can use it to combat multiple opponents.)

Gets the better of a pair of Morgukai Warriors (one of which fought evenly with Tholme, the other who has given Aayla Secura even fights), decapitating one, while severely injured and exhausted from the shuriken seen above:

(This is also impressive because Vos' main form, Ataru, is not well suited to dueling multiple opponents, and only true masters of the Form can use it to combat multiple opponents. Vos likely implemented Shien techniques into the fight as well, which is a Form V variant focused on blaster deflection opposed to dueling, which is again difficult to bring into a melee encounter.)

It's also worth noting that the Morgukai have been renowned, highly skilled killers of Jedi and Sith alike since the the Old Republic era.

The red-skinned Kajain'sa'Nikto subspecies famously produced one of the most elite warrior traditions in the galaxy: the "Jedi-killing" cult of the Morgukai. These peerless duelists are among the only non-Force users to repeatedly defeat both Jedi and Sith in melee combat. Fortunately for their opponents, the Morgukai's numbers remain few, but their battle tactics are closely guarded secrets.

-Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia

Fighting roughly evenly with his former Master, Tholme, but eventually defeating him by shorting out his lightsaber with his Cortosis Gauntlets:

Defeating Sora Bulq in a close duel.

Force Powers

Telekinesis

Vos destroys a stone cliff with a Force push.

Carries multiple rocks and boulders during a telekinetic assault on Aayla Secura, and then dominates her with TK:

No Caption Provided

Force pushes an ARC trooper hard enough to knock him unconscious, break an arm and give him a concussion:

Telekinetically pushing a speeder:

No Caption Provided

Holding up a large rock/boulder for a prolonged period of time for Aayla to jump on, even after sustaining terrible wounds from thrown shuriken:

Telekinetically dominating K'Kruhk, causing him severe injuries:

Showing great skill with telekinetic saber throws:

Psychometry/Telemetry/Image Reading

Psychometry is an innate ability in Kiffars, such as Vos, which allows them to read the memories of people from objects they once held. This ability is taken to the nth degree by Vos, because he is one of the Kiffar who, one out of a hundred times, will develop this ability in a far more advanced form. It can also be used on previously inanimate objects, such as corpses, but the Jedi forbid any within their ranks to do this, due to the heavy association death has with the Dark Side.

Uses it on his lightsaber in order to recover his memory:

Uses it on a corpse to recover information he needs:

Uses it on the corpse of Jedi Master Rancisis, to recover images of his battle meditations:

Beast Control

Beast Control is the ability to telepathically force a non-sentient animal to do your bidding.

Mechu-Deru

Mechu-Deru is the ability to manipulate electronics using the Force. This ability is considered to be more difficult than a Mind Trick.

Repairs a smashed activation panel using his mind, triggering a set of lasers to reactivate:

Destorys a torpedo in motion, using Mechu-Deru:

Empathy

Vos has the ability, like many Force sensitives, to feel the emotions and emotional changes of those around him:

No Caption Provided

Mind Trick

Vos using a mind trick, as well as putting two people to sleep using one:

Force Concealment

This is an ability that allows Force users to hide their Force signature from other Force sensitive beings. Quinlan is especially skilled in this ability, which was necessary during many of his covert missions.

Hiding his Force signature from Salje Tasha, an infamous Force sensitive assassin who was skilled enough in stealth to sneak right behind someone:

Vos taught Force Concealment to Aayla Secura:

Concealing his Force signature from everyone on Dathomir, including the Nightsister Shaman herself, all of her Nightsisters and their clan rivals. Obviously I can't post the entire comic, but here's where he first lands on Dathomir:

No Caption Provided

Force Healing

Force Healing is the ability to heal yourself, and others', injuries through the Force.

No Caption Provided

Force Precognition

Force Precognition is an ability all Force Users seem to develop (to varying effectiveness), that allows them to see things before they happen.

Vos would know if Vilmahr Grahrk was going to pull the trigger on a blaster before he did, which would allow Vos to activate his lightsaber as the trigger is pulled, resulting in both of their deaths:

No Caption Provided

Force Lightning

Vos using Force lightning:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

>Click here to be redirected to my list of respect threads.<

Faymousinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Nice bro!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Faymousinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Faymousinus

@i_like_swords: Im gonna keep my eyes on this, I havent read much about Quinlan.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@faymousinus: All of his other Force powers have been edited in, unless I've forgotten anything. I'll double check but this should largely be done.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Good job.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whirlwind_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

really good job

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More like Quinlan BOSS! I got the Star Wars comics just for him. lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: That's what I like to hear. Did you read his final story arc?

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Nah. I'm still on the Star Wars title. I haven't even started Republic yet.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet

Faymousinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Faymousinus

Im actually starting to like this guy, he's like Wolverine, but with awesome hair.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

Sweet

IKR

Im actually starting to like this guy, he's like Wolverine, but with awesome hair.

Now that is what I like to hear!

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Uhh... how is Aayla far more experienced than Quinlan?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: I meant she was far more experienced than the padawan version of herself that Quinlan had fought previously.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Ah, that makes more sense. Sorry for just skimming the page.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ShootingNova
Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By Erkan12

New uploaded ;

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got something pretty substantial for Vos, Tholme and Aayla Secura's skill levels. This is an excerpt from Aurra Sing's entry in the New Essential Guide to Characters

No Caption Provided

Aurra Sing is one of the deadliest fighters in the galaxy, and her Anzati training alone is enough to make her an "untouchable killer".

Firstly - Aayla Secura, after a long fight, was able to defeat Aurra Sing in a duel. So that alone makes Aayla pretty impressive. Vos was able to duel evenly with her before wrecking her with the Force, but more importantly, Vos has performed a lot better than Aayla against common enemies (Aayla had a hard time with one Morgukai warrior, not even defeating him with her lightsaber but with the environment, whereas Vos while heavily injured was able to duel evenly with two simultaneously and even kill one of them before being downed himself).

Next, on the front of Anzati training - Tholme handily wrecked over a handful of Force sensitive Anzati students who, while not fully trained at the time, obviously had some substantial training as per the entry above. What's also worth noting is that when Dooku attempted to create a clone army of Morgukai, he used the Anzati's combat training to train these clones. I'll also need to check up on exactly how many of these Anzati-trained Morgukai were killed by Vos, Tholme and Secura because I do remember them being involved in fights with Jedi at one point.

Anyway, Tholme's showing is a good demonstration of skill, and Vos was able to pretty much stalemate Tholme over a long period of time. More than that, where Tholme was pretty handily humbled by Sora Bulq, Vos at least gave him a better fight than Tholme before he began fighting with his inner demons and being Force-hurled by Bulq, implying Vos is better than Tholme.

..talk about digging for feats. Still, at least this gives the three of them more to work with in terms of dueling feats now that we know exactly how skilled their opponents have been.

While we're here actually I just remembered, Volffe Krakko is an Anzati, - their leader at one point, to be precise. Vos killed him in a lightsaber duel in one stroke and prior to this Vos and Tholme had fought scores of Anzati.. yay, more obscure dueling feats.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova

While holding back from killing them, Vos humbles Tol Skorr and Kadrian Sey. What makes this more impressive is that this feat was performed on a potent Dark Side Nexus called "The Works" (an area of Coruscant which has been used to train Sith for hundreds of years and is strong in the Dark Side as a result). The nexus may or may not have hindered Vos depending on his light/dark alignment, but would have definitely amplified the physical abilities of Skorr and Sey.

Duped by Dooku on several occasions, Vos had managed to track Dooku to The Works, though he apparently hadn't perceived just how deeply the dark side had taken root there.

Source - Labyrinth of Evil

After reading that, and the thing I posted above for Aurra Sing, what do you make of Vos as a duelist?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: I'm aware of the the dark side's presence in the Works, and that would elevate the feat, but frankly, it's only mildly impressive because I never found either Tol Skorr or Kadrian Sey very impressive as fighters.

I'm aware of Aurra's accolades, and she has feats as well such as killing Sharad Hett, beating A'Sharad Hett (and then being cheap-shotted in a fashion similar to Maul and Obi-Wan), holding off both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan at once, etc.

Aayla beating her is a good feat, though she was strained, but she's almost equal to Quinlan, though. Their performances show that Quinlan is probably better, the difference is marginal rather than a gaping chasm, and as I recall, Aayla defeated a Morgukai in unarmed combat repeatedly without the intention to kill.

Quinlan is about equal to Qui-Gon as a duelist, for me.

About Volfe Karkko, his Anzati status makes him formidable, but frankly, he's a mortifying duelist. He only clashed blades with Quinlan once, and everything else we saw about him related to Force powers. And then he was sliced in half by Quin. Granted, Quinlan was being enhanced through the Force by other Jedi at the time, but regardless, Karkko has no skill feats at all. Everything we see is related to Force power, and the fact that he sent Aayla out against Quinlan first could be interpreted as a lack of lightsaber skill on his part as well. He is a respectable Force user, but not worth mentioning when it comes to skill.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: That all sounds pretty accurate to be honest.

That's one instance of Aayla fighting the Son Morgukai, and I can't remember any others other than this:

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Pretty much. Vos is around Qui-Gon's level, and Tholme and Aayla are equally or slightly less skilled than them.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: I'd say Quinlan is as skilled as Qui-Gon, probably as fast, more agile, and more durable. Qui-Gon is stronger, more attuned to the Living Force, and probably more powerful and versatile in his applications of the Force.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By GeorgeWBush

Found this feat for Vos using psychometry on an object Ventress gave him to locate a bounty quarry named Morregi. Vos apparently has such a skill with it it surpasses most Jedi masters cant detect it (Dark Disciple/Canon)

No Caption Provided

Here Quinlan Vos dodges blaster bolts while shooting guards (Dark Disciple/Canon)

No Caption Provided

Vos fights 3-4 assassins off with hand to hand techniques with ease

No Caption Provided

Here Quinlan mentally dominates a fish creature called the Sleeper in a Nightsister rite in one his Darkside trials and forces it to obey him. Vos asserts such control over the beast he hurts it with his willpower in scan 2:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Here Vos kicks Dooku and kicks Grievous hard enough to knock him off a balcony/railing

No Caption Provided

Quinlan chokes out Ventress after having been tortured by Dookus torturing droids/lightning for days:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

After choking Ventress and suspending her in the air and nearly crushing her windpipe, Vos hurls her across the room

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By GeorgeWBush

In this match on Dathomir Vos has been bitten by a snake in his first attempt in using the darkside, he is suffering the effects of Venom when Ventress engages a sparring match and he drives her back and fights evenly with her while under the influence (Dark Disciple):

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Here Quinlan disarms Grievous as he is charging him, cuts off two of his arms, and evades capture for him in a brief struggle that lasts only 60 seconds.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In a fit of Dark rage Quinlan disarms Count Dooku:

No Caption Provided

For Pain tolerance Quinlan is tortured for possibly days and survives Dooku's lightning repeatedly:

No Caption Provided

Quinlan Vos dominates Asajj Ventress in a duel

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KJ27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Incredible.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By GeorgeWBush
No Caption Provided

Quinlan Vos defeats Count Dooku in a duel

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@burnface said:
No Caption Provided

Quinlan Vos defeats Count Dooku in a duel

No Caption Provided

Well now I have to go and kill the writers of that book.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He also destroys Ventress pretty thoroughly forcing her back for the entire duration of their 2nd duel, and when she's training him on Dathomir he fights evenly with her in spite of being poisoned and she was amped the entire time.

He's ridiculously skilled in the new canon

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@burnface said:

He also destroys Ventress pretty thoroughly forcing her back for the entire duration of their 2nd duel, and when she's training him on Dathomir he fights evenly with her in spite of being poisoned and she was amped the entire time.

WTF!?

@burnface said:

He's ridiculously skilled in the new canon

And that is why the EU will always be canon for me. Dark Disciple seems more like a fanfic that ships together Asajj and Quinlan and then makes them beat a foe that already rekt them in the past, and in the very same book twice. Seriously, they book is retconning itself. First Dooku casually beats both of them, then has trouble with one of them, then gets beaten by one of them. It's like Christie Golden is a Vos fanboy or something. And the weirdest part is- she said she wanted to keep this book as faithful to the EU as possible. Yet Dooku stomped Vos in the EU. I mean, yeesh...

KJ27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Golden was writing based off of what TCW writers already wrote/outlined. I highly doubt she was the one who decided Vos would defeat Dooku, and the outcomes of all the other fights.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And the weirdest part is- she said she wanted to keep this book as faithful to the EU as possible. Yet Dooku stomped Vos in the EU. I mean, yeesh...

Well for one, Vos wasn't anywhere near his prime against Dooku at that stage, and Dooku knows every detail and weakness of Vos' primary form, Ataru. Secondly, no, she said the opposite lol. Her research for the book consisted of Vos' TCW episode and the scripts her book was based on; she hadn't read a Vos comic in her life.

Accept it. Dooku is washed up, old news. Vos is rightfully taking his place as the Penultimate Sith of the galaxy.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

I will never, EVER, accept an Australian/Jamaican/African who got stomped by Kolar beating Dooku or stomping Asajj.

Especially if he lost to Dooku twice in the book already.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthant66: I have nothing against Australians/Jamaicans/Africans. It's just Vos looks like a strange mixture of all three, tbh. And honestly, I'm not sure why they gave him an Australian accent in TCW to begin with.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Then why mention it if you have no issues with it? ;)

https://youtu.be/tbud8rLejLM?t=64

In all seriousness though, Quinlan Vos is at least a Darth Maul level combatant at this stage. One can even say he's approaching or surpassed Dooku and get away with it solidly.

Maul level, sure. But I'm not sold on the Dooku level. Dooku defeated Quin twice in the same book. Then suddenly Quin gets up and beats Dooku in a duel. Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. It's either PIS or Dooku had a brain tumor in between fights or something.

It's not really fair to only base a character's power on outdated material. His fight with Agen Kolar has seemingly been retconned out of existence.

Everything's been retconned out of existence in Star Wars lately. Grievous went from an all powerful Jedi killer to a cowardly cyborg who has trouble with Ahsoka. Asajj went from a powerful Dark Jedi, to a goody two-shoes Nightsister with hair. Dooku went from an old man with extreme power to an old man. Anakin went from being the 2nd or 3rd most powerful Jedi of his day with the potential to surpass Yoda and Sidious to a guy with a Chosen One title and became a ragdoll for virtually any character in TCW(Dooku, Asajj, Savage, etc.) Maul went from... well I have no problems with Maul really. If anything, he's now more powerful. But you see where I'm going with this. So far, other than some of the comic series and Lords of the Sith novel, Disney hasn't provided anything that I'd really find good.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthant66:

Never said he couldn't get some wins over Dooku when in this incarnation. It just seems unlikely to me for Quin to win a majority over Dooku.

And he was amped by rage in their second fight, hence why he disarmed the Count.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers