Quicksilver who?

Son_of_simba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Son_of_simba

So im watching xmen the other day and i started to notice something quicksilver isint even f**king quicksilver the dudes name is peter who the f**k is peter its pietro also do u think the costume designers got him confused with speed last time i checked quicksilver doesnt wear googlies like kid flash or speed cous his eyes are mutated in such a way they dont blur at high speeds i never saw quicksilver i saw mutant with speed but i think i could of done without his character completely cous the majority of the movie was great. Who do you think will be the definitive live action quicksilver disneys or fox's

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I believe they did follow Speeds design, and of course they couldn't use, Pietro due to Marvel owning the same character, whom may have that name himself in the film. His original costume in the comics isn't any better, I mean, it's essentially a blue or green jumpsuit with a lightning bolt striking across it, and Peter is just the American version of Pietro anyway. None of the characters wear there original outfits either. I don't care as long as his power looks cool on screen, and judging by what I've seen on his showcase trailer, it does. Look at Beast. Last I heard his mutation was that he looked like a primate, not just a normal skinny kid with a foot problem. Where's Mystiques' white slit dress? Why does Bishop absorb power that isn't kenetic then has to use a gun to use said energy? If one character bothers you, then they all should.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By flameboy298

Something you have to realize Fox has these rights not Marvel right now.So this is Fox-men not X-men these films are based very loosely off the comics. These films aren't for comic book fans their for a casual/General audience not us.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

@flameboy298: Aren't all comic book movies made for the general audience?

It's worth mentioning that it's been 21 years since an American comic book sold over a million copies.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Well most critics said Quicksilver was the highlight of the film.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith: Thats what Im trying to say some comic book fans expect everything to be verbatim from the comic book material

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flameboy298: Oh, I thought you were just talking about the X-Men movies.

As for a movie doing something verbatim from the comic, I can only think of one example of that - the "who the hell is Bucky?" scene in Winter Soldier.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By flameboy298

@xwraith: Well that's an exception sense Marvel normally is alittle close to the comic book material,and than their's Watchmen but thats a different story.

Maximizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quicksilver in DOFP isn't Quicksilver IMO. With Wanda they could have made him more like Pietro in the comics... That's one advantage Avengers AOU has I guess.

Son_of_simba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Son_of_simba

@dagmar_merrill: i watched it already and they gave him alot of scenes but hes hardly what nightcrawler was to xmen 2 like some people are tryna make out it felt like they were trying to hard and like i said who da fck is peter maximof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_simba: Does his first name being altered slightly matter that much?

Maximizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saw it last night. QS is definitely great, but the writers pulled the typical "cool dude that has the ability of super-speed" rather than Quicksilver in the comics.

Son_of_simba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_simba: Well, I haven't seen the movie so I can't comment on how he is in the movie. I do know that they changed the name so they could use him still while Marvel uses his "real" name in Avengers 2.

Son_of_simba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Son_of_simba

@dagmar_merrill: the real problem i have tbh despite the costume design and quicksilver being a skinny shrimp was that they didnt make him magneto the one advantage they have to make there quicksilver the more interesting of the 2 like i said he seemed useful in this film but rlly using some1 like a blink(who look way cooler than quicksilver) everything he did was pretty expendible using a teleporter it seemed like they were playing there quicksilver up just cous hes gonna be in avengers 2 there are so many cooler charecters in this film that shud of gotten more screen time like storm and they give it to the dorkiest looking dude i found it rlly hard to take him seriously in this movie

Maximizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagmar_merrill: the real problem i have tbh despite the costume design and quicksilver being a skinny shrimp was that they didnt make him magneto the one advantage they have to make there quicksilver the more interesting of the 2 like i said he seemed useful in this film but it seemed like they were playing there quicksilver up just cous hes gonna be in avengers 2 there are so many cooler charecters in this film that shud of gotten more screen time like storm and they give it to the dorkiest looking dude i found it rlly hard to take him seriously in this movie

Erm it was hinted (very clearly) that QS was Magneto's son in the film :P

Maximizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't like him being called Peter though... Sounded weird.

Son_of_simba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Son_of_simba

@maximizer: not rlly with the ages of the charecters it would make no sense especially with quicksilver being around the age of micheal fasbender i highly doubt magneto was having kids when he was like 10

Maximizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Maximizer
@son_of_simba said:

@maximizer: not rlly with the ages of the charecters it would make no sense especially with quicksilver being around the age of micheal fasbender i highly doubt magneto was having kids when he was like 10

Magneto is in his early 40's in DOFP, so you can easily assume that Pietro was born when Mags was in his early 20's.

Let's say Pietro was born when Magneto was... 22. That's 1954. He's 29 in First Class (1961) and 41 in DOFP (1973). By that logic Pietro would be 19 when we meet him in DOFP.

Makes sense.

EDIT: Btw they never gave an exact age for Magneto (and Prof. X) in First Class. The actors/writers just said they were in their late 20's, and Fassbender doesn't look any younger than 29 (which is as far as estimations can go lol).

Son_of_simba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maximizer: since when was micheal fassbender magneto in hes 40's? no he wasnt

Maximizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maximizer: since when was micheal fassbender magneto in hes 40's? no he wasnt

Since when wasn't he? Oh wait you don't know either. At least I'm making actual/logical assumptions.

Maximizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like I said, DOFP takes place 12 years after First Class.

OK, if you want to assume Mags was as young as 26 in First Class (again, don't see it :P) then that makes him 38 in DOFP. Assume Pietro was born when Mags was 21-22. He's still at least 16-17 in DOFP. That also makes sense.

Son_of_simba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maximizer: magneto doesnt have a son named peter fckin maximof

Maximizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Maximizer

@son_of_simba said:

@maximizer: magneto doesnt have a son named peter fckin maximof

*Sigh*

I hate that he's called Peter too, 'K?

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't like is outfit at all, from what I saw "peter" doesn't seem like quicksilver in terms of character.

Son_of_simba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Son_of_simba

@eisenfauste: he isint watch the movie he seems more like speed in young avengers immature he has more of an iceman/human torch type personality in the movie quicksilver from what ive always known can be a pretty serious guy

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well most critics said Quicksilver was the highlight of the film.

He was.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm I the only who thinks he's the worst thing DOFP, but the movie was amazing :)

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: Yeah the fact that Mystique is basically nude just for eye candy is kind of dumb...but hot.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Havenless

@maximizer: @son_of_simba:

Pietro is the Italian word for Peter. Kind of like Robert/Roberto, Jack/Jacques, or Richard/Enrico. Because they Americanized the character (he is European in the comic with an accent), it makes sense they'd give him an American name.

And this isn't the first time it's done in the movies. Colossus's real name is Piotr (the Russian word for Peter). But again, because he's not Russian, he was also called Peter in X3.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Tyrus

@havenless: A report said Marvel Studios can only use the names Pietro and Wanda while Fox can only use Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

DOFP has 95% on Rotten Tomatoes have by all accounts Quicksilver is the best part of the movie so.... your argument is invalid?

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus said:

@havenless: A report said Marvel Studios can only use the names Pietro and Wanda while Fox can only use Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

That really doesn't make sense to me. Especially considering they were called Quicksilver/Pietro and Scarlet Witch/Wanda in X-Men (as in before they joined The Avengers) so you'd think they'd be able to use both. Same goes for Marvel Studios just because that's just stupid to not be able to call them their super names.

Son_of_simba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: no its not i watched the movie moron how many times do i have to repeat that

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I thought he was excellent. Awesome powers. Super fun and mischievous.

Son_of_simba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@havenless: thats the problem mutants arent an american thing this isint after house of m or some crap mutants span the human race not just the american race the characters dont need to be Americanized

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Son_of_simba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Son_of_simba

@jonny_anonymous: na in all honesty he had some cool scenes but this was not quicksilver he didnt even have the right hair color and he had a johnny storm/iceman type personality where as quicksilver is more serious it was kinda like just some random dude named quicksilver he didnt even have the right name and id rather them focus on some of the more iconic character uno like freaking storm the biggest black superhero in the world or cyclops the original xmen how is it a new character like him is getting more attention than the most iconic xmen i feel like they played him up jus because they want people to think there quicksilver is better than disneys fox's quicksilver had potential but i could help but think remake him like in the comics not this crap

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: na in all honesty he had some cool scenes but this was not quicksilver he didnt even have the right hair color and he had a johnny storm/iceman type personality where as quicksilver is more serious it was kinda like just some random dude named quicksilver he didnt even have the right name and id rather them focus on some of the more iconic character uno like freaking storm the biggest black superhero in the world or cyclops the original xmen how is it a new character like him is getting more attention than the most iconic xmen i feel like they played him up jus because they want people to think there quicksilver is better than disneys fox's quicksilver had potential but i could help but think remake him like in the comics not this crap

The Days of the Future Past script was completed long before Joss Whedon even started working on Avengers 2 in any way.....so the whole "Fox doing things with Quicksilver to one up Marvel" argument is ill informed, and dumb and just completely wrong and made up by comic fans.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_simba said:

The Days of the Future Past script was completed long before Joss Whedon even started working on Avengers 2 in any way.....so the whole "Fox doing things with Quicksilver to one up Marvel" argument is ill informed, and dumb and just completely wrong and made up by comic fans.

Yea the character was even cast in X-Men before they had started writing Avengers 2

Son_of_simba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Son_of_simba

@cattlebattle: your telling me something i already knew fox didnt even know disney was gonna make a quicksilver till weadon annonced it doesnt mean hes the better quicksilver i just feel like it wasnt really quicksilver it was just some random dude with superspeed he never had the personality or look or even the freakin name lol i just felt like the only reason he got these extra scenes becouse of avengers 2 becouse its not hard to add a few action scenes in with a finished script theres way more interesting characters that have been there for longer who needed more scenes to me quicksilver and scarlet witch have always been avenges they were boring as hell as brotherhood/xmen allies in the comics i just think guys like cyclops, storm and beast deserved alot more bad ass scenes scenes than a newbie to the franchise

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: your telling me something i already knew fox didnt even know disney was gonna make a quicksilver till weadon annonced it doesnt mean hes the better quicksilver i just feel like it wasnt really quicksilver it was just some random dude with superspeed he never had the personality or look or even the freakin name lol i just felt like the only reason he got these extra scenes becouse of avengers 2 becouse its not hard to add a few action scenes in with a finished script theres way more interesting characters that have been there for longer who needed more scenes to me quicksilver and scarlet witch have always been avenges they were boring as hell as brotherhood/xmen allies in the comics i just think guys like cyclops, storm and beast deserved alot more bad ass scenes scenes than a newbie to the franchise

Completely depends on your opinion. In some of the cartoons, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are integral characters. It all depends on who is writing it and what they want to do with the characters....there is no law when adapting these characters to the big screen. Also, he did have a cocky, douche bag personality very much like Quicksilver has in the comics and he wasn't a random dude, Wolverine explains he was an ally in the future and that's why they sought his help.

Son_of_simba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: really other than magneto ive never felt like they left there mark on the xmen universe they were just magnetos kids however as avengers they were so much more and central figures in multiple avengers storylines particularly scarlet witch

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Quicksilver was amazing in DoFP. One of the best parts of the film.

Avatar image for stardustcrusader
StardustCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I'm kinda disappointed that they didn't use him more, seriously he would've been a massive help in the rest of the movie.

Son_of_simba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: it felt to me more like speed from young avengers quicksilvers alot more serious than that

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erm it was hinted (very clearly) that QS was Magneto's son in the film :P

Yes it was.

@the_stegman said:

Honestly I'm kinda disappointed that they didn't use him more, seriously he would've been a massive help in the rest of the movie.

Agreed.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The fan boy in strong in this hater.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith: Well that's an exception sense Marvel normally is alittle close to the comic book material,and than their's Watchmen but thats a different story.

Actually most of the films are starting to play it more by the books nowadays. Amazing Spider-man has been doing it and,as mentioned,Winter Soldier has done it as well.