QUESTIONS FOR COMIC BOOK STORE EMPLOYEES AND OTHERS

jackellis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

For a homework assignment I need to interview an individual with knowledge in their field. Since working within a comic book store requires knowledge on different authors and works, an employee from a comic book store would make a perfect candidate.

All I need is for someone to answer these six very simple questions that won't take more than 5 minutes of your time.

1. What do you think are the difficulties for someone who wants to get into comics?

2.Which company have you seen have the most sales in comics? (Such as DC,Marvel, Dark Horse, etc) and why do you think that is?

3. Do you think indie comics struggle to compete against the big 2? (Marvel and DC)

4.Has there been an increase interest in comics since the Marvel movies started to become popular?

5. What would you suggest for new comic book readers to pick up and get started?

6. What would you suggest for people who do not like superhero comics?

Thanks everyone in advance for answering!

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

I know @inferiorego has worked/works at a comic shop. He may be able to help you.

I think I might be able to answer some of your questions, though.

I would say there has definitely been a burst of interest in comics since Marvel Studios started bombarding the public with comic book movies.

I think some of the most difficult things for people looking to get into comics is that they have no idea where to start. Reboots like the New 52 and Marvel Now cleared some of this up, but new readers can still get a little overwhelmed.

As far as suggestions; just start with a character you're interested in - Superman, Batman, Spider-Man - find something that catches your eye and ask about it here.

But if you're looking for a different genre Image is where it's at. They've got quite a range of comics to choose from. Lazarus, Death Vigil, Wytches and Birthright are currently some of my favorite non-superhero titles.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#4 inferiorego  Staff

I know @inferiorego has worked/works at a comic shop. He may be able to help you.

I think I might be able to answer some of your questions, though.

I would say there has definitely been a burst of interest in comics since Marvel Studios started bombarding the public with comic book movies.

I think some of the most difficult things for people looking to get into comics is that they have no idea where to start. Reboots like the New 52 and Marvel Now cleared some of this up, but new readers can still get a little overwhelmed.

As far as suggestions; just start with a character you're interested in - Superman, Batman, Spider-Man - find something that catches your eye and ask about it here.

But if you're looking for a different genre Image is where it's at. They've got quite a range of comics to choose from. Lazarus, Death Vigil, Wytches and Birthright are currently some of my favorite non-superhero titles.

I'm too far removed now. I only work one day a year: Xmas eve

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#6 inferiorego  Staff
deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

This actually seems like some cool work. It expands you comic knowledge so that's some nice bonus points.