Questions about superman new 52

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am new to the new 52 and am very confused. Please help! Is there a difference between action comics superman and just plain old superman? I want to read all the good new 52 superman stories without leaving much out and would like to do it in order. Also is superman doomed separate as well or is it in one of the things I mentioned above?

I have action comics superman vol 1 coming in the mail tomorrow i would just like to know if I should start with superman vol 1 as well and if they are different. Also if I start picking up more of the new 52 justice league will there be any duplicates that are in them and also in superman or no? Thanks!

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Squalleon

All titles under the "New 52" banner share the same continuity BUT evert title has a seperate story, except in the case of crossovers like Doomed.

Each time a new creative team enters a title it is usually new reader friendly. So you don't need to start from volume 1, if you want to understand the current events.

ALTHOUGH that would mean that you wouldn't enjoy some great stories.
I suggest and I think pretty much else agrees with me that these are the greatest Superman stories in the new 52 and the best entry points:

• Action Comics vol.1,vol.2,vol.3 which include issues 0-18 and annuals. Its the whole of Grant Morrison's run
  • Superman issue 32+ New creative team you don't need to know anything else.
  • Action Comics 25+ New creative team.
  • Superman Unchained. It is a mini series totally independent.

AVOID LIKE THE BLACK PLAGUE:

• Superman Vol.1-4. Every Superman issue before the 32nd was terrible.
  • Action Comics vol.4. Inconsistent and rediculously bad.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Exactly what he said^