Questions about Demon Knights New 52

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By z3ro180

1. Can Jason and ertigan an talk like thor and don Blake.You know like if Jason is on earth can he talk to ertigan throw the connection they share. 2. What is the deal with sir ystin ? Is he a transsexual and also what is the deal with him and that amazon as well ? 3. Is Demon Knit set in past of the DCnU ?

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It took me some time to figure out about Jason and Etrigan (I had thought they were the same person) but no Jason and Etrigan can't talk or communicate with each other in any way. While Etrigan is in Hell, he doesn't know what is going on with Jason on Earth and Jason doesn't know what is going on with Etrigan in Hell. From what I have been able to figure out Sir Ystin is female who wants to be / is pretending to be male. (I'm not totally sure exactly which is right.) Also I don't know if you know this, but Etrigan can only stay on Earth for a short time. He then has to go back to Hell to get his strength back.

@z3ro180 said:

1. Can Jason and ertigan an talk like thor and don Blake.You know like if Jason is on earth can he talk to ertigan throw the connection they share. 2. What is the deal with sir ystin ? Is he a transsexual and also what is the deal with him and that amazon as well ? 3. Is Demon Knit set in past of the DCnU ?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Before the reboot they were aware of each other's actions, but they aren't now as seen when Jason turns into Etrigan in the pub back in the earlier issues. Etrigan said something akin to , "Where am I? Where has he brought me now?!"

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6 the_stegman  Moderator

@z3ro180:

1. No, Etrigan and Jason can't communicate nor do they know what the other is doing while they are on Earth.

2. Ystin from my understanding is indeed transgendered. She is a female but insists on being treated as male, probably due to the mindset of most in those days that women couldn't be knights. She also seems to have some sort of ''close'' relationship with Exoristos, though Ystin's obsession with finding the Grail might have stopped that.

3. Yes, Demon Knights is set in the past, at about 1043 AD

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: thanks dude. Also by transgender do you mean She is physical a woman bit has the mind set of a man or a hermaphrodite and in the zero issue of Demon Knight after Ertigan and Jason are joined they start to talk to each other so was that just a one time thing ?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 the_stegman  Moderator

@z3ro180:

From what I understand, she is a woman but she identifies and wants to be treated like a man.

Yeah, in the zero issue they spoke to each other but I have yet to see them communicate ever again, maybe it was because their bond was newly formed or something.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@z3ro180:

From what I understand, she is a woman but she identifies and wants to be treated like a man.

Yeah, in the zero issue they spoke to each other but I have yet to see them communicate ever again, maybe it was because their bond was newly formed or something.

Sir Yistin say's she/he is both a male and a female.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 the_stegman  Moderator
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@the_stegman: I'm pretty sure she was implying she was transgender

No Caption Provided

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Another question. In most of the covers for demon knight Ertigan is shown to have a sword. Does he uses that sword at any point ?