Questions About DBZ!

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By uugieboogie

I just started watching DB Super (great anime btw) and I was curious when exactly does it take place? Do BoTG and ROF count as canon towards the series? Also is GT canon and does SSJ4 still exist or is just replaced w/ SSGSS? Just a little curious..

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By kyrees

db super takes place a few months after kid buu is defeated. BotG and RoF would be retold in the series.

as far as it matters, GT is still not canon.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly? It's hard to tell when db super takes place, we know that it takes place at least 6 months after buu, but an unspecified amount of time is made between then and now. But, BoG and RoF are being retold (thank the lord for that)

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

db super takes place a few months after kid buu is defeated. BotG and RoF would be retold in the series.

as far as it matters, GT is still not canon.

Okay cool I was wondering why the set up Beerus going to meet Goku was different. Are any of the other films apart of the main continuity?

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbzk1999 said:

Honestly? It's hard to tell when db super takes place, we know that it takes place at least 6 months after buu, but an unspecified amount of time is made between then and now. But, BoG and RoF are being retold (thank the lord for that)

Thanks... But you didn't like BoTG and ROF?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DB super takes place after the kid buu saga. What is happening right now is between kid buu saga and the infamous ssj3 goku vs bills fight in battle of the gods.

GT was never canon as far as I know. Super, on the other hand, is also getting a manga adaptation..

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As said, Super takes place after DBZ. GT never happens, and it seems that BoG and RoF are also becoming non canon, because they will be retold in the series.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: it's not that I didn't like them

I'm just happy that they can actually be expanded upon (for example, the preview for the goku vs beerus "fight" already looks different than the way the movie did it)

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: @princearagorn1:Thanks for the replies! Do you guys know if Uub is in super or not? Idk if they showed him and I missed her or not but I haven't seen him. And is Bardock movie canon? The one he fought Chilled.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbzk1999 said:

@uugieboogie: it's not that I didn't like them

I'm just happy that they can actually be expanded upon (for example, the preview for the goku vs beerus "fight" already looks different than the way the movie did it)

I wonder is Vegeta will get a base SSG form like Goku had. And can Gohan stack SSJ on top of his mystic form?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Uub is still canon, but that whole thing took place 10 years after Buu's defeat. The series takes place in between that time skip, so he hasn't appeared.

Canon in Dragon Ball is a touchy subject, Bardock especially. If you want to get really specific, neither the original Bardock special nor the special where he fights Chilled are canon. Bardock appeared in Dragon Ball Minus (the final chapter of Toriyama's Jaco the Galactic Patrolman) and that is canon. But with something like Dragon Ball which isn't too serious, I think fans should just choose for themselves what they like and what is canon. In my mind, I somehow have three or four entirely separate versions of Bardock existing all at once.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay cool I was wondering why the set up Beerus going to meet Goku was different. Are any of the other films apart of the main continuity?

none categorically aside from the two i mentioned.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Oh okay. That last special had me thinking he was the first SSJ and it fits good w/ Xenoverse.

Avatar image for dragonballmaniac
DragonballManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a question. In DBZ: Episode of Bardock, We see Bardock turn super saiyan against the tyrant Chilled, Frieza's ancestor. And in DBZ, We see Goku turn super saiyan against frieza himself. I was wondering, who would be stronger in that form, Goku or Burdock? Cause, you have to think here. Frieza's power level in his first form was 530,000. And chilled probably had that amount of power or a little more. And when Bardock turned SS, he got a huge power boost. would Bardocks SS form be weaker than Goku's? Or would it be equal?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Yeah that was the idea. I love the idea personally, so I consider it canon. To me as illogical as it is, Bardock was the first Super Saiyan. Others have problems with it though.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By renamed040924

@dragonballmaniac: When Goku went Super Saiyan, his power level in base was three million. Bardock had a power level of around 10,000 then got a Zenkai from Dodoria and Freeza, nowhere near three million. So Goku was MUCH stronger.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

BoT and ROV should still be considered canon imo, their just being retold