Question: How Many Comics Should I Get One Creator to Sign?

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

So I'm going to Chicago Comic Con this weekend, where my favorite writer and artist (Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo, respectively) will be. As a massive Batman (and other Scott works) fan, my first reaction is to load up every New 52 Batman, The Wake, and Superman Unchained issue I have and go get them all signed. I wouldn't get them all signed at once, but instead re-enter the signing lines sporadically throughout the day so that I don't delay the lines for too long. However upon thinking about it, I think maybe I should just pick one or two issues per arc instead.

I only have a little experience with comic signings and would appreciate the help. Thanks!

Avatar image for black_lantern_mar_vell
Black Lantern Mar-vell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I'd just take the ONE comic you would like signed the most per creator.

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yeah, one or two at most. If you come over with a stack of comics it looks like you're just planning to sell them. If there is no line and you're talking to the creators, it doesn't look so bad, though. (Although you sitll don't want to come up with 20+ comics) But yeah, when there's a big line you want to keep it small.

The most I've seen get signed by one creator was around 15 of the same trade, but that was only because they were going to be sold at a charity auction.