Question for UK/EU comixology users

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Anyone else annoyed by the inclusion of VAT in .eu/.co.uk prices? It really adds up when buying large amounts of comics and this seems unfair when compared to US customers, even worse is the fact that comixology/amazon didn't have to add this feature. I know this has been here a while, but a recent Valiant sale reminded me since Valiant is not available digitally on any other site.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUMP

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Transformers1024

I'm mad at ComiXology for a bit different reason. I HATE how I can't access their store through the app. I don't like digital much, but still. Now I have to go to their web site to view and purchase everything. Their app was a lot more convenient to use before Amazon bought them out. It also not letting me sync my Marvel account either which is just as annoying.

The past 2 months have made me really happy that I've stuck with buying my comics in print and not exclusively digital, and it looks like I won't be making the switch at all in the near future.

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

What is VAT?

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redlantern23: Value Added Tax, it's tax that is added to the price of a good (think comixology is roughly 17-20%?). Even worse is that Amazon use Luxembourg's VAT so I'm not even paying tax for my own country. (I presume you're US?)

@transformers47-I usually use the website to buy, but you can't even buy on the app anymore?!

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@maccyd: Yeah, I'm US. So VAT is optional or something?

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redlantern23: Not really for physical goods, but comixology was exempt/ignored until Amazon decided to make .eu/.co.uk sites. To make matters worse, we can't get the new Viz mangas on our comixology sites either.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers